Look at what we've got... - Support!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Feeney » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:43 am

I guess this has been a mail long coming from me, but seeing recent events this weeks, Stevie G's reaction to his goal tonight, and Kopper's mail (fair do's Kopper!!!) I felt I had to put it down.

While I have been a red fan all my life, I have only been a regular to the games for about 3-4 years. During that time, I have seen us do the damage over Roma 2-0, listen to 45K sing YNWA against Celtic (I know we lost, but if you were there you will know what it was like), and watch us turn the scum over at Cardiff in the Worthy Final, which was all just undescribable in the emotions that go through you at the time.

After seeing us on Sunday, I was hurting. I mean, really hurting. I was calling for GH's head (Hecter Cuper anyone?). Seeing my club reduced to also-rans was just s**t. I felt like someone close to me had died. However, seeing that game tonight, one thing made me realise that I wasn't hurting the most. In the second half, Stevie G scored a quality goal (although not as good as Harry's!!!!).

What was the first thing he did? Did the captain go to the crowd? NO. Did he go to his teammates? NO. I'll tell you where he went... straight to GH. That made me realise, that however how much I was hurting, he (meaning GH) MUST be hurting twice as much to see OUR club reduced to the dregs we have seen this season and last. He want's this club be sucessfull as we do, and to be honest, if you have that kind of relationship with your players, only good things can come of it.

I know this is going on, but please bare with me, I am nearly finished!!! Too many times I have been to the match recently and heard a very strange thing from Anfield... Silence. When we go ahead, a bit of noise, then silence, when we get pegged back, silence, when we go a goal behind, silence. THIS IS ALL WRONG!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I am no saint, I have been guilty of this. No more though. For once, instead of reading papers, bickering, slagging off the club, LET'S GET RIGHT BEHIND IT!!!!!!!!! Let's make Anfield the couldren it once was, let's intimidate, christ, let's let the team know we are behind them and whoever is visiting know who they are dealing with, 'cause we are not to be messed with. Because if we don't, there's only one way we are headed. And that's F**ked along with Nott's Forest (who we hate along with Everton too (THERE S**T!!!), and Man U!!!!)

F**k GH out, f**k cr#p players, f**k bad decisions, let's all act as a team. This is OUR club, let's take it as far as it once was and should be again. Show your support. Scream at the match for your team, scream at the telly in you living room, scream at the big screen. Whatever, just let's make the players and staff know we are right behind and want them to win, instead off slagging them off.

I'm now off my soapbox.......

PS Supersub, sorry about the swearing, please allow it tho!!!

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kozarets1914 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:49 am

Good post - you definately need to shout, lads! I could hear SAMO LEVSKI, OLE lot more than any LFC song - that was shame! And good for us  :D
kozarets1914

Postby staticstranger » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:13 am

What does "Allez, Allez" mean?
staticstranger

Postby kozarets1914 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:42 am

Nothing :) It just goes with the melody :) You'll be amazed in Sofia I assure you :)
kozarets1914

Postby bRy » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:21 am

Allez Allez is French and comes frome the verb aller which means "to go". In other words the Kop were chanting something similar to "walk on/march on/go on".
bRy

Postby staticstranger » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:44 am

thanks bry
staticstranger

Postby staticstranger » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:51 am

so...where does Houllier stand now?
staticstranger

Postby kozarets1914 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:33 am

Well allez allez in Levski football songs means nothing... and yes it comes from french, but I don't even wanna think we use anything french. My suggestion is we sing it cos it's the tune that goes like that :)
kozarets1914

Postby steppenwolf » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:32 am

Feeney
I think you have hit the nail on the head there mate
Let's make it Fortress Anfield once more.
We have to make teams feel uncomfortable when they visit Anfield, maybe we should show a little less respect also.
Blinding second half last night.
Milan Baros gets all the credit. He was battered at every opportunity and came out on top.
Bring on Leeds  :cool:
THIS IS ANFIELD
steppenwolf

Postby RedSi » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:43 am

I agree with the sentiment Feeney but that doesn't alter the fact that we were abjectly poor for 65 minutes last night then we scored a goal out of nothing. Suddenly Harry, who had up until that point been lazy beyond belief decided he'd play for 5 minutes and scored his goal.

Owen looked as though he wasn't interested yet again, if he'd put in a tenth of the work Milan did then we might have done better.

The defence looked solid enough, we had plenty of possession but no ideas on how to break down a very ordinary team who were well organised - that's all you have to do to nullify us these days I'm afraid.

I didn't join in any of the pro-Houllier singing as nothing has changed. I'm just praying that the Chairman has in fact got MoN already signed sealed and delivered for next year.

I'll sing for my club til my throat bleeds but I will never sing for GH, sorry...... :(
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steppenwolf » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:34 am

Houlier's job is limited from the moment the team goes across the white line, they have to do the business on the pitch. What we have to do is to keep supporting them (like Feeney said) scream, shout and sing. Lets take the positives from this game and move forward (and kick owen up the backside lol ) Like John Barnes said last night:'The Livepool season starts now'
THIS IS ANFIELD
steppenwolf

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:55 am

The ones who were chanting ghs name are the ones who dont have to  watch ghs pathetic boring tactics every wk home and away...like me. I am a season ticket holder i love the bones of our club,but it tears me apart to have to watch the same cr#p preformences,the feeble excuses,and the constant switching of players natural positions by a man who said he had a 5yr plan?..##!..well this guys time is almost up!! the true  fans of LFC know full well that we are going nowhere with gh,one result against a medieocre romainian side wont turn the tide for gh, or fool the supporters, the key is having consistency,with class players who have pride and some passion when they put that famous red shirt on!..something which gh lacks in his ability to provide a "once great club" like ours with?. So its back to the "bread and butter" of the prem on sunday...lets seeif those same fans are still singing ghs name by the end of the season eh? :( somehow i doubt it ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:12 pm

I think the first posts assesment of GH's feelings are probably almost exactly right.  My uncle coached the Queensland junior Cricket side (ok this is a different sport but bear with me please), he trained the same team from when they were five years old to when the were sixteen.  He moved up the age groups with them.  In U16 they had a dreadful season, they were thrashed even though player by player they were as good.  The players had lost belief in the coach and each other, they only thought about themselves and even though they gave my uncle no respect he was still gutted every time they did badly.  People who said he shouldn't be coach only made every poor performance hurt a hundred times more.  Why had the team done so well before?  Because they believed in the coach and in the team.  When they stopped doing that, when they stopped trusting the rest of the team, they fell apart and failed at every hurdle.  Liverpool isn't that far into degradation but the trend is beginning.  The players need to believe in each other's ability and I don't care if you flame me for this but the fans need to believe that whoever the board has appointed as manager is who should be there and they should support him even when things aren't going well.  Thats what a true fan is.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby RedSi » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:34 pm

In my opinion you ruined your post right at the end Starbridge with the words "Thats what a true fan is", I would have expected more than questioning people's loyalty to the club from an Advanced Member such as yourself....
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:37 pm

He thinks we should have "blind faith!...me thinks not :D
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion