Look at what we've got... - Support!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:54 pm

Bl**dy Hell , We won a game that every body expected us to win (including Levski)and now many people are singing GH and the teams praises.One win means nothing especially as for most of the game it looked like a nil.nil was on the cards.
Ok we won , I'm happy BUT I still think GH should go.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:59 pm

hey, I'm not talking blind-faith, nor am I questioning anyones loyalty.  I would think that most people here are actually very passionate Liverpool fans that know about football.  My point was that when people lost faith my unc's ability to coach the side he lost his confidence and he did lose his ability to do it.  When people thought he could, he could, when they started to critisicze (sp?) he made more mistakes and things got worse.

I was saying that whoever the board have as manager is the man they believe is the best person for the job and we should respect that decision instead of waving banners saying 'get out Houllier' all over the place.  We should show some support, we have belief, he has belief, players have belief.  Simple equation, anyway its just my opinion, you don't need to take it as red that it is the only possible truth.

Cheers
-Starbridge42
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby metalmusic » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:01 pm

Liverpool were terrible up until the 65th minute, then 2 individual goals saved them.
They have to play like they did in the last 25th minutes throughout the whole match to do well in the league.
Milan Baros was the dogs knackers last night.
metalmusic

Postby kozarets1914 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:15 pm

You can find analysis of the last night game in my post "Aftermath" - I am interested in your oppinions. And yes - I'm not praising Levski, but we looked quite tough of an opponent for mighty Liverpool. You got lucky with the fact we're not able at such speed 90min. GH tactics was beaten by ours - we were gonna get our draw - it's what we came for. GH just got so lucky with the power of english players which decided the game in the middle and the end of the 2nd half.
kozarets1914

Postby RedSi » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:19 pm

Hear hear about Baros, we was superb and got the standing ovation he deserved.

My main gripes about last night are aimed at Owen, Kewell and Murphy in particular. More so at Owen and Kewell because they are capable of single-handedly taking a game by the scruff of the neck (a la Beckham vs Greece) but can't seem to be arsed, Danny on the other hand just isn't as good a player I'm afraid.....
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:29 pm

Im not one of those who constantly criticises Le boss but a 2-0 win against a very poor side is not going to get me too excited! I bet you we sit back in the second leg and let a bunch of amateurs come at us! We should be hitting sides like that 4 or 5-0 in my opinion!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:38 pm

i agree a very ordinary opponent. pro houllier songs are nice to hear but i aint a knee jerk reaction supporter. We have been poor for24 mths, and 25 mins against a 3rd division european team will not change my views on le frog. the team still looks static, no pace, movement or real flowing football.
Still unconvinced, more of the same results for the next 12mths and i will then give hm the benefit of the doubt
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kozarets1914 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:38 pm

Amateurs?! You are an amateur! Ajax, Stutgard, Dynamo Kiev and Glasgow Rangers have been on their knees after being crushed by Levski!!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
kozarets1914

Postby JBG » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:52 pm

The original post showed some nice sentiment and was correct in how Anfield can be a morgue sometimes but every time we pull out a win after a bad run in the past couple of months some guy comes onto this forum and starts proclaiming his undying loyalty to the club and how we should all get behind the team etc etc.

I've seen it all before.

A few of the "veterans" around here, myself, Big Al, GreenREd, Owzat, Supersub etc have been among Houllier's most vocal critics since the start of this season when it became obvious that no matter how much GH was trying, his gamble with the club had failed and by staying on he was only flogging a dead horse.

A few of us, myself included, got absolutely slaughtered after the win over Chelsea in January and this forum was full of people writing threads EXACTLY like this one, saying how we should all support the team etc.

I've been a Pool fan since the early 1980s and going to games all my life. I've tasted fantatsic success and bitter, bitter disappointment following this club. I want GH to succeed and I will always support the team.

However, more bad times are around the corner and those people proclaiming that we should get behind the team and give Houllier more time will be grumbling again in a few weeks when we lose at home to someone like Charlton or away to Leiciester.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:13 pm

I have thought that murphy  was overated, and time has proved me right, he is only an average player, with a limited ability trouble is we have too many players just like him. :(
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:18 pm

Lets put last nights game into prespective, we struggled for 65mins...to put 2 goals past an an average team!!(a bit like what we have become  :( )...one swallow..does not make a summer? ???
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:19 pm

It isn't like we're fabricating allegations against Houllier, the evidence is there for all to see
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:19 pm

........those of us that are not closing our eyes or minds that is :O
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:30 pm

milan baros' touch was a bit rusty but his work rate and commitment was top class. kewell just looks too laxadasical at the moment for my liking. lets hope his return to elland road spurs him on. as for murphy, his control and passing was poor and he seems to have gone backwards. owen just can't be #rsed.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:49 pm

Theres no change from murphy then!!....thats about right for him      :laugh:
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion