LIVERPOOL VS WEST BROM - Saturday 17.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:57 pm

all 3 goals were from the left foot today :;):
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Feeney » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:58 pm

s@int wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:top of the table again. :)

Ah yes your right. Forgot they dont play till tomorrow haha.

They HAVE to win though Bav, it does make a difference mate. I am hoping for a 0-0 or a sneaky 1-0 to Blackburn. The mancs are only a couple of bad results away from being out of it by Christmas too.

Woah Saint, bit premature there. DO NOT write the Mancs off not just before Xmas but full stop, its danger island to do that. Too many players not yet firing on all cylinders is all thier problem is - that'll change.

There's more shock results to come, believe me. Too many teams are competing at a better level and guess what, this could be one of those seasons where even 5 or 6 defeats could still bag you the title.

At this stage, i'm just delighted that there is a gap opening up beneath us (admittedly with Chelsea as well) rather than wishing someone slips up so we have a hope of catching up.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:01 pm

All in all a good result, I'm off for some well deserved bevvies now :;):
JamCar05

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:03 pm

Feeney wrote:
s@int wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

They HAVE to win though Bav, it does make a difference mate. I am hoping for a 0-0 or a sneaky 1-0 to Blackburn. The mancs are only a couple of bad results away from being out of it by Christmas too.

Woah Saint, bit premature there. DO NOT write the Mancs off not just before Xmas but full stop, its danger island to do that. Too many players not yet firing on all cylinders is all thier problem is - that'll change.

There's more shock results to come, believe me. Too many teams are competing at a better level and guess what, this could be one of those seasons where even 5 or 6 defeats could still bag you the title.

At this stage, i'm just delighted that there is a gap opening up beneath us (admittedly with Chelsea as well) rather than wishing someone slips up so we have a hope of catching up.

I am not saying 2 bad results and they won't catch US, but 2 bad results and I can't see them catching Chelsea or us. 

Its a lot harder catching 2 teams that are 10 or so points infront than just the one (hopefully  :p  )
account deleted by request

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:03 pm

Liverpool - 29
Chelsea - 26
Arsenal - 23
Manure - 21

manure and chelsea have a game in hand. i wouldnt write off any team by christmas...especially Arsenal as the last time i did so, they won the title.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:07 pm

That was a well taken goal by Arbeloa.

Played very well today.  I was hopeing that Keane would be kept on to partner Torres.....

Anyway, all LFC players had a good game imo.  Reira shows good touches and movement and brings some balance to the team. I like the flicks and backheals, just what we needed.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Feeney » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:08 pm

s@int wrote:
Feeney wrote:
s@int wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

I am not saying 2 bad results and they won't catch US, but 2 bad results and I can't see them catching Chelsea or us. 

Its a lot harder catching 2 teams that are 10 or so points infront than just the one (hopefully  :p  )

Agree, but i've seen them do it so many times, it's almost untrue where they have been way off and blazed a trail to storm in the lead.

Chelsea have looked like the usual faultless Chelsea apart from our game, but Man U are still the main threat in my eyes.

By the way Saint, I really hope you're right - hope they do drift off and get caught by Everton (  :laugh: ) but just can't see them not within 3 points with 2 - 3 games to go.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:15 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:That was a well taken goal by Arbeloa.

Played very well today.  I was hopeing that Keane would be kept on to partner Torres.....

Anyway, all LFC players had a good game imo.  Reira shows good touches and movement and brings some balance to the team. I like the flicks and backheals, just what we needed.

Yeh mate, when Babel plays out there we often lose shape in midfield and the FB dosent venture forward so much.
Even though he`s came in as a creative player he make us a much more solid proposition.
I think Babel going to struggle to be anything other than an impact player late on.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:31 pm

delighted for robbie - shame he didn't get the hat-trick but you could see his confidence bloom after the first goal. big up to aurelio too as i thought he had an excellent game today. and respect to west brom too - they came and played football, and some very nice football at times as well.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:32 pm

Anyone got a good stream (sopcast if possible) for the fight tonight.
Sorry to go off topic its just the rest of the boards are desserted.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:37 pm

manutd's first 9 away games are against the other top 10 clubs of the league last season..
of the top 4 thy have the easiest set of fixtures coming up starting today... they play the other top 3 at home from now on and every other game im sure theyv got to be favorites for... no way im writing them off even if they are 10points or so off pace at some stage..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:39 pm

Been out most of the day so I have only seen the result and the goals thanks to the post on here, nice COMFORTABLE win. I am looking forward to reading and listening to the press now, Chelsea lost and then won convincingly in the following game " the mark of a GREAT team" :D so we should be back in everyones good books now and once again we will be tipped for the title, wont we ?

Seriously though, looks like a good performance, 3 goals scored none conceeded I am more than happy with that
destro

Postby Rush Job » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:40 pm

s@int wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

If the mancs go another 3 points behind the top they`ll not win it this year, even if we fall short them not getting 18 would be reason to be cheerfull (1,2,3... any dury fans? probably not)) :D
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:43 pm

I would not be shocked if Blackburn beat Chelsea 1-0
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:51 pm

a comfortable win, couldn't ask for more from the lads, thank you :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext