Postby Dundalk » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:03 pm

3 more points thats all that matters

Well done
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:45 pm

Argh what a bunch of fucking shite.

I'm fucking freezing aswell. I can't move me toes :D

1st half was dire. Gerrard was quiet, defence was a bit worried and there was a lack of communication between Carra and Reina which could have cost us. Garcia was dire again, gave the ball away, didn't look interested and often didn't get involved. Pennant was ok, nothing more but like Garcia didn't get involved much.

Everyone was a bit quiet to be honest except Bellamy. He ran his socks off and caused real problems with his pace and deserved his goal and I'd give him MOTM to be honest.

Gerrard got more involved in the 2nd half and pushed forward and caused a few problems. He took the 1 and only corner that wasn't wasted by Garcia and Pennant and nearly set up Carra for a similar goal that he got against Fulham and he would have scored too if it weren't for a great save by Foster.

Gonzalez was bright when he came on and sent Bellamy clear but Foster saved and then Gonzalez made a hash of the rebound with his header that went wide. He did well down the left and caused problems with his pace.

Of course Bellamy came off and was replaced by Crouch who came on and hit the post with a right foot shot from the dge of the area.

Watford were poor and didn't offer alot and often resprted to thumping the ball down the pitch whenever they got it but did have 1 or 2 chances, 1 of which was well tipped over by Reina and their strikers caused Carra and Agger a few problems especially in the air.

I was disappointed that they were still in the game with 15 mins left. I thought that they might of nicked one tbh because we'd taken Bellamy off and now ourselves were not offering much and we were under pressure a bit since they got a few corners.

But we counter attacked and then Alonso produced a screamer and curled the ball into the top corner to secure the 3 points and put the game to bed.

3 points is 3 points I guess. Can't argue with that, it will do.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:58 pm

Not a great performance.....

Alonso is slowly getting back to his high standard. He is one the main reasons why we are winning games now.

Also liked pennant's performance until he was switched to the left flank.... I don't know why rafa did that....

As for garcia....the less said the better. How many times can one misplace passes & lose possession. Garcia should have been subbed instead of pennant.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:07 pm

Didn't see the match, but it's a very good sign that we're winning games when we're not performing well. That's something we need to make into a habit.

Obviously you look at the table and think that Watford - in the position they are - should be losing to us by 3, 4 or even more. There's absolutely nothing wrong with messy wins by the odd goal though - I'd take a season of those if it got us the title. :)
ivor_the_injun

Postby 1154 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:37 pm

Last edited by 1154 on Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby sam1979 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:04 pm

theres actal download versions here
sam1979

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:11 pm

Missed the game too but nice to see Bellamy on the score sheet again.  Now, if we could just get Kuyt into the mood as well!  Always happy to see Xabi on the score sheet, too.  Good result and roll on Blackandblueburn... :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby davo_LFC » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:48 pm

We didn't play too well today but to be honest the score line could have been alot worse for watford if it wernt for their keeper, he had a blinder.

Watford missed one or two chances at the other end, one was a sitter after reina flapped at the ball, that would have been 1-0 for them.

All in all a good 3 points, even though we didnt play our best we still created some decent chances and had some good efforts on goal. Bellamy was outstanding.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:12 am

Didn't expect us to play well today as Watford have fought to the death in every game so far this season. They made it difficult for us [and they are the definition of a long ball team] and pressured us.

It was a scrap but we scored two goals and should had scored at least two more really without playing at our best.

Job done as far as I'm concerned.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:53 am

Should have scored loads more!! Could have been 10 nil
66-1120597113

Postby Santa » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:58 am

we are still not clinical in finishing off the opponent. When opportunities is there for the taking, we missed a whole lot more than we scored...and that's the difference between us and ManU & Chelsea...and until we improved on this, forget the top 2, at least for this season :(
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Soul » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:40 am

Bellamy looks to be an outstanding bargain.

Is it just me, or has he been in the running for Man Of The Match in every game he's played since his court case?
Red Soul

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:58 am

Bellamy and Alonso have been by far our best players the last few games.
Alonso is loking more english every time I see him  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:28 pm

Alright own up , which one of you f'uckers sent Reina a "Comedy Keepers " dvd as an early xmas present ? . Their seems to be a cloud of uncertainty clouding his play . Poor communication with defenders , struggling more and more with high balls . His attacks on high balls into the box sometimes have all the grace and confidence of a xmas turkey . I'm actually beginning to think Jerzy should be given anther go .

ps. I haven't forgotten our run of clean sheets, Although the wins were worthy , the clean sheets were in part down to dumb luck .
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion