LIVERPOOL VS WATFORD - 23/12/06

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:29 pm

I liked the game. It was a good win.

It was a better win than the one against Charlton, because we had a team that made an excellent defensive work, unlike Charlton, who had constantly defenders that broke the line of offside and didn't press collectively well.

I'm not sure if Watford will stay in the premiership but if they work like they did in Anfield, I'm sure they'll avoid relegation. I'm happier than the last win because we made less mistakes and we had a tougher opposition.

The game was about making the first one, which it wasn't easy, but a concentration mistake of them, and Gerrard settled a perfect pass to Bellamy, who had the confidence, to controll well, aim and scoring a good goal. COnfidence is something that important in football... now Bellamy has it. And the good relationship with Kuyt, how he falls to the wings to make harm, deserves a mention.

Kuyt is a ver good player and makes a great job, but he seems a bit anxious lately, it seems as if he needs to improve his tally or something. When Watford were 1-0 down and stepped up their defence, Rafa put Gonzalez in the pitch to make harm with his speed. Mark made some good runs, but we didn't make profit of them because Kuyt didn't make the best decission. But a striker must be somewhat selfish aswell, so it's not a big trouble. It might be if the game was tighter than this one. Other than that, good game.

I saw Alonso like most of the season, but the very early games, important work defensively, some good long range passes and some mistakes. The difference is that he has scored, but I think he's at a good level since a long ago.

Agger will be an important man for us. I don't see  not even in the technically gifted Spanish league a defender that takes out the ball controlled so well. It's very important to have a man like Agger in this games that the oposition is deep and has tough marks against Alonso and Gerrard, he was given the space and once again (last one wasn't fluke) reached to shooting area and made an excellent effort. I think that Rafa is getting him into the team in a brilliant manner.

Reina made a couple of mistakes like a ball that he thought he couldn't catch and missed a volley, and perhaps a couple of dubious flaps, but I think we can say that in the last games he's back to his good standards.

In a nutshell, the confidence of Reina, the confidence of Bellamy, the gelling of the team and this small details are the ones that are giving us points now, the points that we dropped in the early part of the season. I see good future :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:00 pm

Sabre wrote:I liked the game. It was a good win.

It was a better win than the one against Charlton, because we had a team that made an excellent defensive work, unlike Charlton, who had constantly defenders that broke the line of offside and didn't press collectively well.

I'm not sure if Watford will stay in the premiership but if they work like they did in Anfield, I'm sure they'll avoid relegation. I'm happier than the last win because we made less mistakes and we had a tougher opposition.

The game was about making the first one, which it wasn't easy, but a concentration mistake of them, and Gerrard settled a perfect pass to Bellamy, who had the confidence, to controll well, aim and scoring a good goal. COnfidence is something that important in football... now Bellamy has it. And the good relationship with Kuyt, how he falls to the wings to make harm, deserves a mention.

Kuyt is a ver good player and makes a great job, but he seems a bit anxious lately, it seems as if he needs to improve his tally or something. When Watford were 1-0 down and stepped up their defence, Rafa put Gonzalez in the pitch to make harm with his speed. Mark made some good runs, but we didn't make profit of them because Kuyt didn't make the best decission. But a striker must be somewhat selfish aswell, so it's not a big trouble. It might be if the game was tighter than this one. Other than that, good game.

I saw Alonso like most of the season, but the very early games, important work defensively, some good long range passes and some mistakes. The difference is that he has scored, but I think he's at a good level since a long ago.

Agger will be an important man for us. I don't see  not even in the technically gifted Spanish league a defender that takes out the ball controlled so well. It's very important to have a man like Agger in this games that the oposition is deep and has tough marks against Alonso and Gerrard, he was given the space and once again (last one wasn't fluke) reached to shooting area and made an excellent effort. I think that Rafa is getting him into the team in a brilliant manner.

Reina made a couple of mistakes like a ball that he thought he couldn't catch and missed a volley, and perhaps a couple of dubious flaps, but I think we can say that in the last games he's back to his good standards.

In a nutshell, the confidence of Reina, the confidence of Bellamy, the gelling of the team and this small details are the ones that are giving us points now, the points that we dropped in the early part of the season. I see good future :)

:wwww

i see good future too !  :D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion