LIVERPOOL VS TOULOUSE - 28/08/2007 – 8.05pm kick off – anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:12 am

Agree with Ciggy there. Never seen the interview, but Crouch, for a man of his size, his heading is disgracful. Big Sammy showed him how it's done, and with relative ease with his first effort. I'd have put money on it for Crouch to have missed the one Hyypia scored. If he is getting easy chances like those, he needs to put them away, simple as that. What if we were playing a better team and we needed goals? I know I might sound like I'm being harsh, and maybe people will jump on my back for attacking Crouch. Simple fact is, he needs to do better with his heading at goal. It's just seriously frustrating to see him miss really easy chances. I really don't understand it.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:28 am

Rush Job wrote:Knockers of rotation take note, a great performance and all our forwards as well as SG are in the goals.

rotation is not too much of a problem when you are rotating class for class, the last 3 years we haven't been able to do that so it was right to knock the rotation policy of rafa.

listen if we go on to win the league this season that will never disguise the fact that rafa has got it wrong in the last three seasons, you don't rotate just for the sake of it, especially if you are weakening the team and thats what he was doing.

anyway onwards and upwards for the mighty reds
112-1077774096

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:08 am

I don't think anyone's mentioned Babel yet but he really produced after coming on.  We were going through the motions, with a lot of square balls in CM and balls back to defenders.  Babel comes on and suddenly we're attacking again.  That lovely 1-2 with Kuyt that led to our 3rd was very nice.  This lad will be some player for us. :nod
Last edited by Bad Bob on Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Effes » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:11 am

That Toulouse side would get relegated in the Premiership.

If we follow up with a win v Derby we are sitting pretty.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:45 am

Well I was working during the match AGAIN!!!!! :angry:

So I was stuck with Aldos lovely voice on City again, apparently we played really well, tight passing game and got 4 with our lets face it reserve team??!!

Anyone got any links to decent highlights of the game???

There are two great teams on Merseyside Liverpool Fc and the Liverpool FC reserves  :buttrock
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:14 am

Great to see us a*sehole someone - it's been a long time coming!

Yossi showed the class that tempted Rafa into signing him, Mascher and Momo did what they do best, Arbeloa proved to be a f*cking good signing yet again, and what about Sami Sami? Legend!

You've got to say, considering that this was essentially our reserve side - we battered them, and really should have scored more. (But hey - 4-0 isn't exactly bad! :D)

I really hope we can maintain this form...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:26 am

Oh, and another point - this was the kind of game we'd have lost a few seasons back - remember the World Club Championship? I'd say that Sao Paulo were even worse than Toulouse, but those f*ckers beat us as a result of our failure to put the game to bed.

Just a sign of how we've changed as a team I guess.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:07 am

great game... should've been better... both crouch and kuyt missed some chances... but I'm not complaining... this is the game we see where our new signings can be quite good both leto and lucas did pretty well...

note to kuyt knockers: for a "workhorse" he sure does show alot of awareness when he sent in that cross, and what a cross it was... crouch basically just needed to touch it to score...

sure he should've scored more and I blame him for that too... but when he played as the more advanced striker later in the second half he scored two... I told you that's when he is the most dangerous... it's not his fault that he was asked to play the linkup striker... do you think he's playing the link-up on his own accord?

anyway great performance for our second team
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:37 am

Enjoyed the game thoroughly, than again, i've always enjoyed whenever the reds are playing.

Glad to see the likes of Leto & Lieva getting a run-in. Leto looks lightweight but am  excited with Lucas' prospect. The Toulouse side was really out of their depth but am not taking anything away from the team's performance. Hope the reds can maintain this form.

P.S; as for the rotation thing; I have a view that if winning is a culture, than Rafa was trying to instill the 'rotation' culture within the club and its players from when he first arrived, so when the proper pieces are all in place, players know what is expected of them.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby mungi » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:09 am

good to see the likes of leto and levia get a run. im so happy hypia played so well and got a goal. next is derby county
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:17 am

kuyt played very well. im delighted for him. lets hope he can continue putting up per4mances like this. im sure those 2 goals meant aloto to him.

crouch played allright, missed god knows how many chances but it's his first match so he might be kinda raw.

momo was immense once again. i love it whenever the crowd greeted every one of his tackles with a huge chorus or cheers =)

yossi played well and i shall comment more on him on another thread.

sami is 2 years younger.

i was suprised to see finnan at lb though towards the end. i guess it just goes to show hoe versatile our team can be.

to top it all we did it without a single local lad and many star players missing.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby redtrader74 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:58 am

Tolouse were not very good, but it was our play that made that happen. Crisp passing, good runs and quick 1-2's showed what we should be doing to teams like Derby, Birmingham, Fulham etc. Did Momo put on SG's boots?! he was hitting some 20-30 yards passes ffs. Riise's passing was poor, and we did get caught out slightly in defence a couple of times.

Crouch's headers showed why he will not be first choice this year, and its disappointing that there has been no improvement since his arrival....work on it. Kuyt too should have had one before he scored. Against better sides we may only get 1-2 chances and we have to take them.

The most impressive aspect for me was the effort being put in, Mashers hunting down of their wide men, the tackles, the tracking back, you could see they were all busting a gut to get picked for the next game.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:27 am

Momo was absolutely awesome last night. I owe him a big apology for doubting him. Momo and Masch showed our strength in depth last night in dominating a midfield devoid of Gerrard and Alonso. The song is true, we really have got the best midfield in the world.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:40 am

Good performance from the whole team. Good to see all the strikers are of the mark now.

Reina - Clean sheet is obviously great. Looked sharp coming of his line when need be and he always looks to release someone quick

Arbeloa - Played great on the left this season and last night he was great on the right supporting Yoosi everytime needed

Agger - Was strong at the back an excellent cb and great for our future

Hyypia - Played great yesterday. Good goal aswell good to see him playing with a smile on his face despite him losing his place to Agger

Riise - Played well. However didnt really see him supporting Leto alot down the left.

Mascherano - Played well. Was very strong sitting just infront of the back 4. A great player

Sissoko - Broke up there play very well and has impressed his shooting and passing from last season

Leto - 1st 15 minutes he was excellent was looking like a real superstar. However went missing after that. But still was a good team player

Kuyt - Excellent player. Was supporting Crouch alot. Took both his goal well. And didnt give up once during the game

Crouch - Had a few chances which he should have put to bed however was good really frightened there back 4.

Yoosi - Motm - Was Excellent yesterday. Really worked that right like pennant has done this year. Supported the attacks when need be and his crosses in was great.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby MightyLFC » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:16 am

4-0 Brilliant
Kuyt two goals lets hope he can do that in the premiership
Hyypia header even with a broken nose
Crouch played well and a good strech to get the first goal
Overall Liverpool played very well
:D
MightyLFC

PreviousNext