LIVERPOOL VS TOULOUSE - 28/08/2007 – 8.05pm kick off – anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:52 pm

Last edited by tubby on Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:29 pm

Graeme Noble wrote:Crouch should've scored a hat trick, and I am unimpressed with him, I think he should be 4th choice.

Change the record. He could score 10 and you'd still find fault in his performance.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:30 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:Has to be said, Hyypia looks great so far this season. He looked well off the pace at times in the few appearances he made in the Carling Cup etc, but he looks 2 years younger right now. The quality of his passing in particular is absolutely cracking.

It's a good shout mate. His passing puts Carra and Agger in the shade. One ball he played out to Benayoun on the right tonight was sublime.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:36 pm

I am so proud of my redmen tonight I dont wana hear any moans or groans yes Crouch is sh.it at headers but he always has been.
If he was any good at them we wouldnt have signed Torres.
Anyway isnt our team playin boss best footie Ive seen from them in yonks loads of pace on the counter, is rice Rafa luv ya.
5-0 in the qualifier when was the last time we won by that margin?
Feckin made up with our start to the season keep it goin Rafa dont feck it up please.
THE REDS ARE COMING UP THE HILL BOYS  :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:39 pm

good performance tonight, particularly the first 30 minutes when we really got into them. movement throughout the side was excellent, plenty of zip to our passing and it was great to see Crouch and particularly Bennayoun give the manager a few selection problems for the coming weeks. Sissoko was excellent and looks to be playing with a lot of confidence, Masch was everywhere and another solid performance from Arebeloa. Leto looked out of his depth, Riise didn't have his best game and we could have scored 10 but that's just being picky. No injuries plus a couple of confidence boosting goals for Kuyt.

Once again the work-rate and pressing game was excellent. I can't remember the last time i saw a Liverpool side work so hard to win back the ball as i have these past few games. Everybody talks about how Benitez's Valencia sides didn't give the opposition a second to settle on the ball in his time there. That's what we're starting to see with this side. Really impressed.

Job Done  :D
Last edited by Scottbot on Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:51 pm

I'm outraged.

I'm downloading the game to see it properly, but I'm outraged. Not because of the result, needless to say, but because of the treatment that Crouch and Kuyt receive.

The commentator says about Crouch "that's a reaction of a man who knows he must take every chance he's given" or something like that. I wonder why? have we paid 25M for him or something? wasn't he our best scorer yesteryear? Hasn't he been the only striker who has scored 2 goals in a game this season (this applies for Kuyt, sorry, I messed up)? has he been the only one to fail chances?

Oh, and BTW, didn't he win the back of his CB, to finish a good ball of the workhorse who looked up, saw, and crossed?

It's nice to praise the new Spaniard, but FFS, respect the existing lads. Sorry, I had to say this. Comments on the game tomorrow, I just couldn't go to bed without saying this.

Note to Rafa: Leaving once of the squad every two months a player for a technical reason is ok, but it's twice you've picked Crouch for that, in the Sunderland game again. Next league game he should be in the bench at the very least.  :angry:
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ken_job » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:51 pm

Must agree with ivor_injun...the biggest plus today was Hypia. He looked a million dollars!!! or maybe 2.haha!! :D 

Seriously tho - i've had my doubts but he did well tonight, cant wait to see the game against derby!
ken_job

Postby Redbilly1960 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:58 pm

Really good show tonight, lots of positives for the season ahead

1. Benayoun - Class act wanna see more of him

2. Mascherano - What an engine don't stop running

3. Arbeloa - Gets better with each game playing left or right

4. Big Sammi - Carra has a fight to get his spot back  :grinning:

5. Agger - Is he Hansen in disquise

A couple of Negatives

1. Kuyt - Dispite two goals he still gives the ball away to much

2. Babel - Maybe in time we will see the real Babel

All in all a fine display on that showing (no Gerrard, Carragher, Torres or Alonso) the rest of Europe will not want to draw us and we should fear no one.
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby shanks72 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:01 am

A really enjoyable match...

Benayoun was class and didn't he work hard...

I really like Kuyt and was so pleased he got 2 tonight! He always works hard in my book and glad it paid off for him.

Yeah, Sissoko added pace to the match...it was a shame he went off..

Lucas Leiva showed real promise...reckon he'll be a strong player for us.

Also thought Leto made his mark well, even though others didn't think so...

And Hyypia...class as always....

Was sorry to see Torres on the bench...but fortunately we managed without him.

Brilliant lads!!! :)

btw I did type this post before I read the one above, despite the similarities...I'm a s l o w typer! :Oo:
Last edited by shanks72 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:12 am

Crouch threw a dig at the end of his interview thats if I get picked.
Listen mate I like yer but at the end of the day you are playing for the best club on earth.
If you leave the only way is down, if you could bury your headers then we wouldnt need another forward 4 clear cut chances tonight and missed them its all in your own hans mate.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:15 am

Hopefully Toulouse are a better side than we made them look, and it was our good play rather than how awful they were. But you can only beat whats put in front of you, and we certainly deserved more goals than we got tonight.

Mascherano and Momo while not exactly the most creative midfield we have, did a great job winning the ball back, and starting attacks. Benayoun played well and may have just won my vote for M.O.M. from Hyypia
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:19 am

Crouch threw a dig at the end of his interview thats if I get picked.

It's a fact aswell, he will score if he's picked.

He's not saying something like "I've shown that I should be picked". He's not saying something like "It's outrageous I have been left twice out of the squad"

Liverpool is indeed one of the best clubs in the world, and it's only natural that a player (a good player) is not comfortable if he's not helping the team. That means he's ambitious, and he doesn't bloody care Torres has come, he just wants to help and thinks he can do so.

Which is nice. Maybe it's the language, but I coudn't see much of a dig there, to be honest.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:25 am

Sabre wrote:Which is nice. Maybe it's the language, but I coudn't see much of a dig there, to be honest.

It is the language Sabre mate when I said it was a dig, the commentator asked you and Dirk will find it hard now bla bla.
The commentator said maybe your next game he said if I get picked.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:51 am

what a cracker of a night every red in there surported little rhys family im proud to be a red

i was really ill today and thought id miss the match but im glad i went the lads were awesome
Benayoun was fast as fook he played great he's a real good player
wtf is goin on with momo the lad is startin to pass....and it's to are team and the ones he messed up him and mash battered them for it back good lads!

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:12 am

Knockers of rotation take note, a great performance and all our forwards as well as SG are in the goals.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion