Postby Kukilon » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:06 pm

Great game to watch.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:11 pm

Well that was even easier than I expected
account deleted by request

Postby Graeme Noble » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:11 pm

We were decent, Toulouse were really awful though and their so called star player, Elmander looked :censored:!
Crouch should've scored a hat trick, and I am unimpressed with him, I think he should be 4th choice.
Kuyt wasn't at his best, very frustrating, but he was better than Crouch and took both goals well.

Yossi Benayoun, what a player he is turning out to be. Has to be one of the most underrated players ever! Man of the match for me.
Graeme Noble

Postby Kukilon » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:13 pm

Graeme Noble wrote:We were decent, Toulouse were really awful though and their so called star player, Elmander looked :censored:!
Crouch should've scored a hat trick, and I am unimpressed with him, I think he should be 4th choice.
Kuyt wasn't at his best, very frustrating, but he was better than Crouch and took both goals well.

Yossi Benayoun, what a player he is turning out to be. Has to be one of the most underrated players ever! Man of the match for me.

Benayoun was awesome today.

I think we have to cut Crouch some slack since he hasn't been playing that much this season.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:14 pm

yeah great entertainment

benayoun is the israely maradonna

the rest were all great.

andy townsend rates us potential title winners, good lad townsend
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:17 pm

Hugely impressive performance. Great to see all of Benayoun, Crouch and Mascherano put in eye-catching performances, which puts them all in contention for Derby at the weekend.

Watching Benayoun first half made me think I was watching a less-wasteful Luis Garcia. Some sublime play, and a nice marker put down by the lad in front of the home fans.

Only downsides for me were a bit of wastefulness from Crouch and Kuyt, a fairly anonymous performance from Leto, and some slack passing from Riise. That aside, our passing was crisp, our movement was fluid, and we always looked threatening yet controlled.

I swear to god, if our strikers can start finding the net more consistently from the chances put their way, we are a team ready to explode. We won by 4 in the end, but it could've been 10 - no question at all.

Interesting to see Finnan come on at left back, I thought. I wonder if Rafa's going to drop Riise next game and have Finnan left and Arbeloa right, as they ended the match tonight.

That's for the weekend thought. Tonight was all about a performance and a result, and on both counts I think we can all be happy. I'm absolutely made up with the squad at the moment. It could've been a banana skin tonight, but we made it look like a training session.
ivor_the_injun

Postby roberto green » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:17 pm

Graeme Noble wrote:We were decent, Toulouse were really awful though and their so called star player, Elmander looked :censored:!

Totally agree,if crouch wonders why he is so far behind in the pecking order its because his heading ability is so very poor for someone his height who manages to miss the target when it seems easier to hit the target.benayoun he looks really classy rafa compared him to luis but benayoun is far more clinical and very rarely gives the ball away and mascha looked great again....Happy Days :bowdown  :bowdown
roberto green

Postby kunilson » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:19 pm

that was  eye candy for any red, apart from those obvious misses.....the scoreline tells u how the game went.

really happy for kuyt, hope this gives him the confidence to go on and have a run of goals now....feel sorry for rafa not just because he has to pick a starting line-up for every game, but the added bs pressure the media have added to it.
hopefully as a club we dont pay attention to it because morale seems good right now which is great
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:21 pm

the thing is with the strikers...we will never have a striker hitting the net consistently, because rafa doesnt play a michael owen type position in his team

rafa wants strikers who can be part of team play, not just out and out goalscorers like michael owen......he wants strikers who can link, pull back into midfield and scrap and do a bit of everything, making the team more solid

i predict none of our strikers will hit more than 15 in the prem this season, but that wont be bad because i think all will hit around the 12,13 mark......which is what title winners need, many goalscorers
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:27 pm

Ooooooooer dont we look boss the state of us, never won by that margin in a long time with our reserves  :;):  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:27 pm

Great result considering we dint have to rely on Stevie or Carra at all. A bit of slack play at times from Crouch, Kuyt and Risse. The former 2 could have got hatricks each if they were more accurate.

Mascherano looked great. Im really hoping to will start to play more often for us. As for Leto well I think the team carried him and he looked a bit lightweight. He showed eagerness to chase after the ball but its early yet.

As for Levie: Ive been waiting to see him for a while now and even in the short time he was here I thought he played quite decent. That chance that fel to him was ripe for vollying but he knew he was never going to make it so slid a cool pass to the right. I know im probabaly jumping the gun here but out of the yungsters Rafa has brought in I think Levia will be the 1st to break into the 1st team. (Of course taking into consideration we paid 6 mil for him :D )
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:42 pm

Fantastic entertainment.

Well done lads.

Glad to see Kuyt and Crouch score.

Hyypia is so hard he can head a goal with a broken nose.
:laugh:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Has to be said, Hyypia looks great so far this season. He looked well off the pace at times in the few appearances he made in the Carling Cup etc, but he looks 2 years younger right now. The quality of his passing in particular is absolutely cracking.
ivor_the_injun

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion