LIVERPOOL VS TOTTENHAM - all the build up here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:33 am

Have a feeling Hyypia might be back in on saturday, and oh what to do with Fowler so much competition now.
Bellamy needs a goal, you cant leave Kuyt out I would hate to be the manager.
So many options to choose from.
More of the same please 3 points.

Great that Aaron Lennon is injured also he could have caused us problems, and with no Carrick their midfield isnt so strong anymore.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:45 am

i'd go with the brazil formation that chelsea 'try' to play (to satisfy benitez's tinkering desires) but keep the same personnel as the newcs game...

reina

finnan carra agger aurelio
   |                         |
   |   alonso sissoko   |
   |   gerrard garcia    |
   v   /                 \   v
      /  kuyt bellamy  \
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby PabloAimar » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:46 am

ps.  :alien:  looks like silvestre
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby bigxchris » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:49 am

Looking foward to this one, my first trip to Anfield of the season.  Getting the train from London at about 8am, so should get up there in good time to hit a pub or two prior to the match.

Looking forward to seeing Kuyt up front, I can see Rafa proberly playing Crouch alongside him with Fowler on the bench.  I dont think we will see too much change with the back 4 (mabye Warnock in for Aurelio).  And I am not even going to try and guess who we will see playing in midfield!
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby anti-hero » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:15 am

Its looking good for us indeed.

Alonso and Gerrard have never looked better since the season began and I think they are on their way back to their usual kick-ass form.

All we need to do is to finish the chances that come our way.

We could have easily scored 5 or more in the game against Newcastle, namely the header by Kuyt, the one on one with Bellamy and the goalkeeper and that shot that just dinked off the post by Garcia.

But all is still well of course. :D

I dont know about you.. but I already have a feeling that we're gonna embark on another winning streak. Bring on Spurs.

We're gonna eat them up.

Why?

Because Gerrard and Co are back in business.

And everyone else can piss their pants. :p
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:06 am

I think we have been playing really well since the defeat at the blue sh*te. That was a serious wake up call. We were desperatley unlucky not to get anything against Chelski and we should have beaten a good PSV side away. I feel we are starting to get a run of good performances together (God i wish we could have done this at the start of the season). To me Agger has been a key part in our recent good form. I think the time as come where at 33 Sami has to be replaced, although he still has a role at the club. Kuyt and Bellamy have worked well together aswell i think this is now the prefered strike force. Bellamy should have scored last night and Kuyt should have had a couple. I get the impression that Bellamy is starting to get a bit frustrated but sooner or later he will start banging them in. We should play the same team as we played last night i think but i'm sure Rafa will change something. So long as its not a major change we should be able to carry on where we left of last night and get some confidence. Another clean sheet would be great aswell.

2-0
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby CardinalRed » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:20 am

It's a mystery which line up Rafa'll put out, did I hear right on Sky the other day when they said Rafa hadn't played the same line up in consecutive games for 92 matches....? I find that unbelievable but someone out there must know?
Maybe tinkering wins you cups but not necessarily titles???

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:57 am

as hard as bellamy works, i wouldn't mind seeing crouch come in for this one. at the moment kuyt has to play, but bellamy is struggling to find his best form.

luis garcia has to stay in the side. imo, he should play in every home game.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby car » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:08 pm

PabloAimar wrote:i'd go with the brazil formation that chelsea 'try' to play (to satisfy benitez's tinkering desires) but keep the same personnel as the newcs game...

reina

finnan carra agger aurelio
   |   alonso sissoko   |
   |   gerrard garcia    |
   v   /                 \   v
      /  kuyt bellamy  \

i agree with you except i would put Pennant(he was good in th 2nd half  against chelsea, i dont know for the first) on right side (except sissoko). in the middle gerrard(foward) alonso(back) and on the left luis(he played so very good last match)
car

Postby Dimshen » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:54 pm

i think sami will play, and i would like to think kuyt and bellars will get the nod again. and although unproven id like to see gonzalez start.

i know luis had a good game, and its a fair oppinion to say that he deserves a start based on that, however i think after watching him for several years the most annoying feature of his game is his inconsistancy, and that wont change,

the things that were coming off for him against newcastle prob wont come off again, and all that will be left is a waistful midfielder who gives the ball away too often.
Dimshen

Postby redmikey » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:38 pm

rafa dosn't tinker with the spine of his team!! and adapts his tactics to the team we are facing.

like some one else said rafa hasn't kept the same team for 93 games now and no one was moaning when we were steam rolling teams last year

the red machine is up and running now so watch out yid boys as the rafalution is about to roll over you

4-1 bellamy will be keep in ala crouch last year   

pepe
   finnan          carra   agger        warnock

gerrard   xabi  momo

pennant   crouch  bellamy

kyte has blown me away but is due a rafa rest, i thought we had bought a turkey big time but no can fault the lads touch vision and heart, i can see why he was loved at feyenord
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:42 pm

Crouch and Kuyt would work well, I'm sure of it. Especially at home. Fowler can play with either of them at home, but personally I'd only use Robbie in away games alongside Bellamy.

Kuyt and Bellamy would be my first choice at the moment, but thats because I havent seen how Crouch and Kuyt looks.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:47 pm

Who else is injured at Spurs? only Lennon?
Is Mido back playing for them ?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:55 pm

I dunno about Kuyt, I can see Rafa benching him against spurs then starting him against Galatasaray midweek. I think they'll be some rotation in all departments on saturday, also what is encouraging is that spurs haven't scored a goal for 5 hours and 47mins of football.

Reina

Finnan     Carragher     Agger     Warnock

Pennant      Alonso     Sissoko     Garcia

Crouch     Bellamy

Subs: Dudek, Fowler, Kuyt, Hyypia, Gerrard
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:27 pm

I hope Rafa sticks with Bellamy and Kuyt the signs are good so far, some very good link up play and both run all day long.
I feel a bit sorry for Crouch and wouldnt be at all worried if Rafa decided to start him but just think the other two offer more of an alround threat.
The team that started last night should start again imo.
Alonso and Luis were fantastic and Spurs at home is a game where again the ball will be on the ground, with both sides liking to pass the ball, we just have better players at dictating games.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion