LIVERPOOL VS TOTTENHAM - all the build up here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Graeme Noble » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:57 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:Great win for the lads should boost their confidence. Kuyt Started twice in the premiership and has scored twice. gonzales played once in the premiership and scored once Our new signings this year are proving it was money well spent. Well done Lads lets keep it up   :)

Kuyt has started 3 games actally. He started the game against Chelsea.

But 2 goals from 3 games is still pretty good. Lets hope this continues!
Graeme Noble

Postby Dimshen » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:58 pm

yeah, his touch to get passed the left back and get the ball in for the first goal was sublime.

Is it me or did dan aggers's defensive headers look a little shaky? good performance otherwise.
Dimshen

Postby red37 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:13 pm

desperado0831 wrote:Gerrard had a very very good game. MOM

it would be great for him to be seeing that for himself wouldnt it?
without the media putting thoughts/words into his mouth about how cheesed off he is.... :no     andy gray eh!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:25 pm

Reading 1- man u 0 Could make a good result for us GREAT :D
account deleted by request

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:38 pm

Anyone know were i can watch the goals?..
Been at Lincoln all day :) x

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:40 pm

sophe_lfc_4_lyf wrote:Anyone know were i can watch the goals?..
Been at Lincoln all day :) x

There are links to goals on page 7 of this thread Sophe
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:41 pm

Ohh thanks :) x

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Graeme Noble » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:41 pm

www.youtube.com

You'll get the goals from there.

OT. Typical Chelsea winning against Fulham from a non-penalty, i'm glad Reading are beating Man Utd, but feel that Chelsea are our main rivals for the title.
Graeme Noble

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:44 pm

Some great pics of todays game Link

Postby Crouchamania » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:49 pm

Damn 1-1 Reading Man United. I thought Gerrard deserved to score today as did Bellamy. The poor sod isn't having any luck in front of goal though.
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby Graeme Noble » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:49 pm

:censored:! Man Utd equalised!
Graeme Noble

Postby davo_LFC » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:10 pm

Brilliant second half performance from the boys, we really cranked the pressure up and played a quick tempo, rode our luck with jenas but the same can be said for them when chimbonda nearly scored an own goal. Good open game in the second half and some brilliant goals especially riises :D we defo deserved the win and hopefully we are at the beginning of a very long winning streak :D
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:20 pm

Man u got a draw but we are moving closer :)  Still we are back in with a good shout if we can get a run going

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:34 pm

I'm pleased with the 3 points today but or performance was nothing special. In the first half I thought it was going to be one of those games where we couldn't score. We were waiting for Spurs to make a defensive error rather than try and break their defence. The football wasn't as good either. One of our main problems was that Gerrard and Gonzalez kept on coming inside and that made us far too narrow, we had no width and was trying to force it through the middle of a crowded centre of the pitch and we couldn't get past Spurs' well organised defence.

We picked up second half. Gerrard and Gonzalez stuck to the wings and we started to play better football, on the ground and getting crosses in. Then Spurs had the chance to make it 1-0 and didn't take it. By our performance up until that point, I thiught that if Spurs had of scored that chance then we wouldn't be able to come back. We were playing poorly and to conceed would just make our heads drop.

Jenas' miss gave us a kick up the arse and was a real wake-up call. We stepped up our game hugely and created our first goal from the wide right position. When we scored, Spurs' heads dropped and there was no way back for them. Then Kuy made it 2-0 with a well deserved goal and a great finish. Then later on Riise made it 3 with that fabulous trademark Riise piledriver from distance.

We certainly looked more solid at the back with Riise, not only does he give us options going forward such as shooting, crossing etc but he can defend well and I think while he has been injured we have missed him. What was going on with Sissoko today? It was his worst game in a while. He gave the ball away alot and just looked out of sorts. Maybe in need of a rest? Agger was solid again today but was quite wasteful with possession in the first half, but so were more of the team. Luis Garcia was good when he came on, was involved in Kuyt's goal and what he did he did well.

As for Bellamy, I think it's only a matter of time before he is banging in the goals for us. Again he ran his socks off today and should have scored the opportunity which led the Gonzalez's goal. His partnership with Kuyt is stil looking good. These seem to be Rafa's favourite strike partnership at the moment. It makes me wonder when Fowler or Crouch will next start. But I think it's good that he has a selection problem now. We have 4 very good strikers.

I can't grumble with a 3-0 win but I think although we lost against Chelsea, we played better against chelsea than aginst newcastle and Spurs. But we must be doing something good if we don't play particulary well and win 3-0. Imagine what we can do when we do play well.
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:02 pm

I think you have to give Spurs credit first half for stifling Liverpool. They played with 2 Defensive midfield players and fast and tricky strikers. Forced Liverpool to play narrow by giving Gerrard in particular no room and breaking fast when they got the chance. Zokora looks to be a very good player for Spurs.

I thought the biggest mistake Spurs made was taking Tainio off . He was helping the fullback cope with Gerrard all the first half. We saw in the second half what Gerrard can do when he is left with just the fullback to beat.

I thought Garcia played exceptionally well when he came on, the solid defensive pairing of Dawson and King couldnt seem to get to grips with Garcia's movement.(didn't lose the ball much either)

Kuyt and Bellamy worked really hard again and I thought Sissoko played well. A good performance against a decent team.

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion