LIVERPOOL VS STOKE CITY - Build up

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC_TILL_I_DIE » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 pm

ACE makes a good point I know he's young but N'Gog is another of Rafa's mystery signings maybe he can see what I can't but I see him struggling against opposition both in europe and the PREM...hopefully i'm wrong but this match should hopefully see Keane come good. Once he gets that first goal i'm sure he'll be pinging them in from all angles:)
LFC_TILL_I_DIE

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:08 pm

VamosRafa wrote:How come this site stopped doing the feature where fans of the other clubs are interviewed before every match? I realise I'm hardly in a position to make demands being such an infrequent poster, but does anyone else think we should get this going again? My vote says yes!

I think they were taken from the LFC.TV site and posted on here. If they have stopped its TV's fault !

As for N'Gog. How come for us hes a mystery signing but if someone like Wenger signs him hes a potential star? He had a good pre season against average opposition but because he hasnt displayed great form in competitive matches hes a mystery? Its going to be a long season, and N'gog will play a part if injuries kick in.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:22 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
VamosRafa wrote:How come this site stopped doing the feature where fans of the other clubs are interviewed before every match? I realise I'm hardly in a position to make demands being such an infrequent poster, but does anyone else think we should get this going again? My vote says yes!

I think they were taken from the LFC.TV site and posted on here. If they have stopped its TV's fault !

As for N'Gog. How come for us hes a mystery signing but if someone like Wenger signs him hes a potential star? He had a good pre season against average opposition but because he hasnt displayed great form in competitive matches hes a mystery? Its going to be a long season, and N'gog will play a part if injuries kick in.

if injuries kick in and N'gog is all we have to bring in for the likes of Torres and Keane then im afraid we'r in deep trouble !
He's far from being anywhere near ready for this level and i'd stick any of Babel, Kuyt or even Voronin if he was here ahead of him..

he might be a promising prospect i cant argue that but for now he's simply not good enough and neither is Lucas, insua...etc etc who all fall in the same braket in my books

Part of the squad maybe but to suggest he can step up if a starting player is injured and command a spot in the side is unrealistic imo !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:26 pm

aCe' wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

if injuries kick in and N'gog is all we have to bring in for the likes of Torres and Keane then im afraid we'r in deep trouble !
He's far from being anywhere near ready for this level and i'd stick any of Babel, Kuyt or even Voronin if he was here ahead of him..

he might be a promising prospect i cant argue that but for now he's simply not good enough and neither is Lucas, insua...etc etc who all fall in the same braket in my books

Part of the squad maybe but to suggest he can step up if a starting player is injured and command a spot in the side is unrealistic imo !

Aside from pre season, in which many of us thought he was a good signing and looks good, what matches in which he has played in have put you off? He hasnt played many minutes has he? Id like to see more of him before I condemn him as mediocre.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC_TILL_I_DIE » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:37 pm

Its interesting very mixed views, I think the problem is he would be good if he wasn't a direct backup but as a promising youth who we could build up over the next couple of seasons. Not saying he's not good enough to be at LFC just worried he is gonna be another flash in the pan who doesn't live up to the promise. I guess we'll have to rely on Rafa's judgement....(GULP!):laugh:
LFC_TILL_I_DIE

Postby Yooj Bigullz » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:00 am

Reina

Carra Hyypia Skrtl Dossena

Gerrard Alonso Plessis Riera

Keane Torres
Yooj Bigullz

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:33 am

No mucking around too much with team composition and formations. Keep the spine the same and a stable backline. IMO, we made a mistake last season when we over-analyzed/roatetd the team against the weaker teams. Lets get a stable side out and let them build an understanding together.... we can rest players later in the season..... Or when we're comfortably ahead.

Physical teams like Stoke and Bolton have traditionally been tough for us to handle but I fully expect 3 points from this one.

My preference

Reina, Carra, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Stevie, Masch, Xabi, Nando and Keano to start.

The other 2 slots to be a toss-up between Riera and Babel..... (prefer Riera) & Aurelio and Dosenna (prefer Aurelio at the mo)
ConnO'var

Postby Rush Job » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:12 am

Kharhaz wrote:
aCe' wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Aside from pre season, in which many of us thought he was a good signing and looks good, what matches in which he has played in have put you off? He hasnt played many minutes has he? Id like to see more of him before I condemn him as mediocre.

Well said mate, the lad was an inch away from scoring a screamer agaist Villa and thats the only time we`ve seen him.
Very unlikely to start anyway so i dont know why people are bumping their gums.
Someone further up was having a go at Aurelio, saying he`s not good enough, dont get that either, he never looks out of place be it agaist the mancs, chelsea or who ever, i`d be more inclined to worry about Arbeloa than Aurelio, i think he`s a quality player. :)
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:33 am

Liverpool 6 - Stoke - 0 ( Beware of their long throw )
LiverpoolMadman

Postby skatesy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:50 am

I think we should go out there with our full squad and run them into the ground. Get the confidence flowing more. No holds barred.

REINA

ARBELOA   CARRAGHER   AGGER   AURELIO

MASCHERANO

BABEL               GERRARD             REIRA

KEANE       TORRES

That should be our starting line up for the season.
skatesy

Postby Sabre » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:44 am

Poor Alonso Skatesy! he plays well and you drop him! plus, whatever happened to cohesion, we cannot change now! we've got 10 points out of 12!

The above comment is tongue in cheek :D

In the league, Mascherano was missing the first games, and then Gerrard, we'll see how Rafa solves the situation when the three tenors (midfielders) are available. One possibility is Skatesy's. Another possibility is to drop Kuyt and put Gerrard in the right, but I doubt it aswell. It will be interesting.

I just hope we keep max concentration, too many times we've dropped points against these teams.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:59 am

john craig wrote:Predicting the exact formation and lineup is futile with Benitez in charge, so I'm not bothering.

Things we should do:

- Play Torres from the start - looked very rusty against Marseille and needs games and goals.

- Play Keane from the start, starting him on bench given that he hasn't scored yet may harm his confidence, and I fancy him to score in this one.

- Play Riera from the start, again, the guy needs games and has looked good so far.

- After that I'm not overly bothered except that I don't want Lucas or Aurelio in the team because I don't rate either of them.

torres didnt look rusty at all

in fact he was lightening in the way he stole the ball on half way against marseille which led to our goal

plus his defensive attributes from marseille set pieces were very good and sharp also.
i counted 3 significant headers from danger in our penalty area

what game were you watching?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:31 am

LFC_TILL_I_DIE wrote:Its interesting very mixed views, I think the problem is he would be good if he wasn't a direct backup but as a promising youth who we could build up over the next couple of seasons. Not saying he's not good enough to be at LFC just worried he is gonna be another flash in the pan who doesn't live up to the promise. I guess we'll have to rely on Rafa's judgement....(GULP!):laugh:

Three Words

Florent Sinema Pongolle!!!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:56 am

Judge wrote:
john craig wrote:Predicting the exact formation and lineup is futile with Benitez in charge, so I'm not bothering.

Things we should do:

- Play Torres from the start - looked very rusty against Marseille and needs games and goals.

- Play Keane from the start, starting him on bench given that he hasn't scored yet may harm his confidence, and I fancy him to score in this one.

- Play Riera from the start, again, the guy needs games and has looked good so far.

- After that I'm not overly bothered except that I don't want Lucas or Aurelio in the team because I don't rate either of them.

torres didnt look rusty at all

in fact he was lightening in the way he stole the ball on half way against marseille which led to our goal

plus his defensive attributes from marseille set pieces were very good and sharp also.
i counted 3 significant headers from danger in our penalty area

what game were you watching?

i'd agree with you there Judge, looked ok to me. He has hit a small dry spell but against Stoke could re-ignite him.

2 - 0 (torres, keane)
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Dotty » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:09 am

Like a few posts have said I just want the 3 points

with Chelski and Manu playing each other we could be sitting good by the end of the weekend.

Oh yes also would love to see Keane get a goal

Reina
Arby
Skertle
JC
Aurellio
Reira
Masch
SG
Beny
Keane
Torres