LIVERPOOL VS STOKE CITY - Build up

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC_TILL_I_DIE » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:19 pm

Hey well I think stoke's bully boy tactics could prove too much for the likes of babel and benny. Why not put Torres up there he showed against Chelski last year that a couple of hard knocks from Terry just made him more determined. I'd like to see him partnered with Keane as this is the type of game he could grab that vital 1st goal...hopefully.
LFC_TILL_I_DIE

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:48 pm

metalhead wrote:I expect a 3-0 or 4-0 win.

Don't.

I laugh when people say this. It's great optimism and all, and of course, me being the eternal happy clapper, even this is the happiest of happy clapping thoughts is a little bit too happy clappy even for my happy clappyness.

No. I expect us to win But easy? No. I'll be a bit surprised if we do win comfortably, though.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:38 pm

Never expect anything in football, especially as we have often slipped up in the past in this type of fixture.
We obviously have the players to win this and win well if we can score first and they let there heads drop, but they will fight for everything and they will pile long balls into our box, something that wont be pretty and that will put us under pressure even if we do win.

I hope we play our strongest side possible, get the win in the bag, if we play well and score a few goals then great. But if we nick a 1-0 in a scrappy game, we still get 3 points and united go to chelsea the next day so happy days.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:56 pm

aCe' wrote:wheres Pennant ?

Now that is a seriously good question, did he maybe forget to kiss Rafa's :censored: the way Kuyt and Lucas must do.  :D
In all seriousness is he injured or something, he was playing well towards the end of last season and is definitely a better option than Kuyt for right midfield.
For this game I would field the strongest team as we need to maintain the momentum we have built up, I have a feeling that this is the game where Keane brakes his duck.
heimdall

Postby Jimmy the Weasel » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:04 pm

Get Torres back in the groove and pair him with Torres up front, 4-4-2.

Riera wide left, Pennant wide right.
Jimmy the Weasel

Postby Bermenstein » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:44 pm

This should be a banker, but there's never a gaurantee in football.
Would be a shocker if we dont get 3 points.

I'm going for a vintage display

Liverpool 5-0 Stoke City

keane 2 Babel Gerrard Torres  :D
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC_TILL_I_DIE » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:28 pm

Pennant was doing ok but he hasn't got the LFC attitude I don't get the impression he's what we need. Everyone is be littling Kuyt but does no one remember the scrapes he has got us out of not least getting us into the CHampions League group stage. I think he merits a place as he has the LFC never say die attitude...or maybe thats just me?
Last edited by LFC_TILL_I_DIE on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC_TILL_I_DIE

Postby aCe' » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:45 pm

LFC_TILL_I_DIE wrote:Pennant was doing ok but he hasn't got the LFC attitude I don't get the impression he's what we need. Everyone is be littling Kuyt but does no one remember the scrapes he has got us out of not least getting us into the CHampions League group stage. I think he merits a place as he has the LFC never say die attitude...or maybe thats just me?

maybe it is...
i dont see where this whole attitude you are talking about figures througout the season because surely we would have won the league by now with all the great attitude of the likes of Kuyt, Gerrard,carragher, mascherano..etc etc

Dont know if you see my point yet or not but we need quality.. ability... kuyt lacks ability but his work rate is excellent.. id give pennant a go because i think he can do great with the players we have atm... atleast try him out hes been good in patches last season why cant he even get a game this season... spat with rafa ? fck that get him on the pitch and if he doesnt perform then dont play him again...

cant help but think that we wont be seeing him until late this year then he's off in january for peanuts
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafa09 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:49 pm

HERE WE GO AGAIN!! more negative post,s.FFS we just beat MANGE and marsille Don,t worry BE HAPPY :D
rafa09

Postby LFC_TILL_I_DIE » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:52 pm

You make a good point ACE i know what your saying I just don't see the passion in Pennant but that could be cos Rafa is stifling him. He should at least be giving the chance to prove us wrong or right thou. I think Kuyt is an excellent squad player but if we want to win the Premiership then we do need a proper right winger not a make shift one. That said I'd love it to be Pennant as it would save us some money. Why do you think he's frozen him out? Is the idea of a spat with Rafa just gossip or is it more than that as I haven't heard much bout them two?
LFC_TILL_I_DIE

Postby LFC_TILL_I_DIE » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:55 pm

HERE WE GO AGAIN!! more negative post,s.FFS we just beat MANGE and marsille Don,t worry BE HAPPY

I'm happy any season we beat the Manc's is a good start just seen good starts turn sour too many times in the last 18 years. I hope it is our season as I'd love to see fergies puce face at the end of the season!!! :D
LFC_TILL_I_DIE

Postby aCe' » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:16 pm

LFC_TILL_I_DIE wrote:You make a good point ACE i know what your saying I just don't see the passion in Pennant but that could be cos Rafa is stifling him. He should at least be giving the chance to prove us wrong or right thou. I think Kuyt is an excellent squad player but if we want to win the Premiership then we do need a proper right winger not a make shift one. That said I'd love it to be Pennant as it would save us some money. Why do you think he's frozen him out? Is the idea of a spat with Rafa just gossip or is it more than that as I haven't heard much bout them two?

well im not sure why pennant is not playing but from what iv heard Rafa rejected his preferred move before the transfer window closed and so we'r sort of stuck with pennant in the side now... if u ask me id rather we keep him until we get someone better but for now.. him or Babel (not sure about that one yet but hey hes another one we should try there) should be starting therre ahead of Kuyt every game... Benny and Kuyt arent good enough in that position and id rather we have Kuyt as backup striker than that N'gog lad or any of the youngsters anyways..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:45 pm

Predicting the exact formation and lineup is futile with Benitez in charge, so I'm not bothering.

Things we should do:

- Play Torres from the start - looked very rusty against Marseille and needs games and goals.

- Play Keane from the start, starting him on bench given that he hasn't scored yet may harm his confidence, and I fancy him to score in this one.

- Play Riera from the start, again, the guy needs games and has looked good so far.

- After that I'm not overly bothered except that I don't want Lucas or Aurelio in the team because I don't rate either of them.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby VamosRafa » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:48 pm

How come this site stopped doing the feature where fans of the other clubs are interviewed before every match? I realise I'm hardly in a position to make demands being such an infrequent poster, but does anyone else think we should get this going again? My vote says yes!
VamosRafa

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:51 pm

Only thing we need to watch with these are the throwins from Delap
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion