LIVERPOOL VS STANDARD LIEGE - Champions league qualifier - 2nd leg

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:15 am

peewee wrote:putting FACT on the end makes everything true

The FACT is everyone knows we are playing sh!te but we dont go on about it in every single topic and post and slate players along with it.

We are playing sh!te but winning, we will start to play better but certain players will still be slagged off because their face doesnt fit even though they are being played out of position.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:22 am

lakes10 wrote:Wrong, Fact

what about the rest of my post?

When can someone be a Liverpool fan? what year are they ment to start to support the Club.

edit: sorry i should not have put that.

If all you do is feckin moan p!ss off and support a perfect team. Thats plays well every game, and never gets beat then you will have nothing to moan about.

Its tedious and boring repetitive sh!te.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:25 am

Ciggy wrote:

When can someone be a Liverpool fan? what year are they ment to start to support the Club.

If all you do is feckin moan p!ss off and support a perfect team. Thats plays well every game, and never gets beat then you will have nothing to moan about.

Ehhh...may I speak on behalf of other posters here....
Shut up the pair of you, and get on with sensible posts....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:27 am

Might have been a tad harsh that....but you get the idea
bunglemark2

Postby lakes10 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:28 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Ehhh...may I speak on behalf of other posters here....
Shut up the pair of you, and get on with sensible posts....

I am going to shut up as Ciggy keeps avoiding answering my questions
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:29 am

On another note El Zahar though small in stature is an absolute live wire his fooet work is amazing and if givin a real role in the team should become a very good player, i remeber when he joined there was so much promise to this yound lad because he is a dribbler and can take on players i personally think we are starting to see that the more times he is introduced on the pitch.

Sorry my spelling and grammer is all over the place, can't be Ar.sed to sort it out today.
Last edited by mistyred on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spion » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:10 am

Pepe 10, best keeper in the world at the moment.

Arbeloa 7, I thought he had a good game & it looked like he was given the job of running the right back & right wing areas. If he had a competent player in front of him we wpold really seem the true quality there.

Carra 7, lacked pace at times but that brain of his is still as quick as any forward. My one concern is that when he meets players who play in a simlar way to Drogba he seems to sometimes panic.

Skrtle 6, Looked solid for most of the game but did lack experience when dealing with the direct attacking.

Aurelio 5, Again flatters to decieve. I know Riise had a bad season last year but of both he (Riise) was the lesser of the two evils. If Fabio can get games then maybe he'll get to the standard he attained two years ago but will he stay fit?

Yossi 5, The left is becoming the main issue for Liverpool this season & Yossi isn't the answer. A poor mans Garcia & a player we should've let go when Man City asked.

Xabi 6, Without Mascher next to him he lacks the attacking zeal that is given by a player like Javier. We miss the quality passes when he's asked to anchor the midfield. If his mind is away from the club then it's the manager who's to blame.

Gerrard 6, Injured & for much of the second half missing. There's no doubt in his class but some times his passing can be over elaborate when a simple pass is enough.

Kuyt 6, Nothing of merrit in the first 90 minutes & apart for the goal not much of memory except those wasted shots from 250 yards!!!

Torres 6, No supply means a bad game for Fernando. Lack of width will tell on the seasons goal total for Torres.

Keane 4, Headless chicken.

subs,

Babel 5, Oh dear where's the comparrison to Henry now? Good cross but the defender should've done better. This masked a very quiet appearance again.

El Zhar 7, Sounds like a baddie from a superman film but after some good showings in recent weeks he injected some real passion in a game that had gone very dead. Made some of the other more experienced players look tired & must be pushing for a start in the coming weeks.

Plessis, No score as he was on for about ten seconds, future Mascher replacement. No doubt.
spion

Postby jedwards » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:21 am

mistyred wrote:On another note El Zahar though small in stature is an absolute live wire his fooet work is amazing and if givin a real role in the team should become a very good player, i remeber when he joined there was so much promise to this yound lad because he is a dribbler and can take on players i personally think we are starting to see that the more times he is introduced on the pitch.

Sorry my spelling and grammer is all over the place, can't be Ar.sed to sort it out today.

El Zahar is a very good and promising player, and the manager needs to give him his more chances of playing in the first team, in order to develop into top player, and he has the potential of achieving that status.
jedwards

Postby WeLLgoThrough » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:23 am

Lee J wrote:
WeLLgoThrough wrote:We'll be 3000 tomorrow and, believe me, even during YNWA, you'll hear us ... ;-)

your shouts and jeers will not be heard above the singing of YNWA - believe me, it can be deafening in there.

anyway, show some respect, dont call out during our song ya feckers or I'll knack all 3000 of ya, single handed !  :D

It seems that I was not so far from the truth...
All I heard from the "legendary" Anfield was a recorded YNWA and nothing else 'till the f...ing 117'.
I hope you'll remember us.
I have been also very disapointed about the lack of fair-play especially when LFC didn't give us the ball back after we put it away during Mbokani's injury.
A shame to see such a thing from the reds.
Anyway, good luck for the group stage.
You'll need to improve a lot to get through.
Maybe we'll meet each other again in UEFA Cup this year... Who knows.
WeLLgoThrough

Postby stmichael » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:25 am

Can't be ar$ed talking about the deficiencies of last night as I'll be here all day. They're plain for all to see imo.

However can I just take this opportunity to say that the Liege fans were absolutely class. Never stopped singing all night and made for a great atmosphere.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:01 pm

anyway its a good job we were only playing 'standard liege' and not 'good liege'

:D
112-1077774096

Postby RedBen » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:21 pm

peewee wrote:anyway its a good job we were only playing 'standard liege' and not 'good liege'

:D

:wwww
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:33 pm

The thing is, we are playing :censored:, but winning.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:46 pm

Jesus ...

I dont mind us winning ugly, infact we need to do it alot more. But TBH looking at this current LFC side does leave me a little worried. We were no doubt the second best side in that two legged tie against Liege, but we pulled though ... Just. It is IMO a sign of title winning material to grind out results, and even when Chelsea and United look pretty ordinary amongst a string of good results. The thought does come around, that they're bound to drop points sooner or later performing the way they are. Unfortunately for us they actually dont drop enough points for our likeing while playing unispiring grinding football.

Us on the other hand look IMO as though we are due a loss sooner rather than later. Yes at the moment we are grinding out results (which I'm happy with), but my worry is, if we lose a game or heaven forbid find ourselves in a "bliiiiiip" period. I actually cannot see with the personel we've got at the moment of us turning a "bliiip" around to winning ways again in a very short amount of time. I fear if we lose then draw a game we'll struggle to get back on the good track.

After watching the Liege game, both the defence and Midfield worry me, the midfield more so. Its simply not good enough. I cannot see this midfield turning a game around (Gerrard apart) if we're struggling to find form and win a game. We huffed and puffed against Standard Liege and at times they showed us how it should be done in Midfield. They pressed better than we did, they we're first to every 50-50 and in the first half especially showed the creativity and vision our midfield simply lacks.

Yes I'm glad Kuyt scored, but yet again hes had another stinker of a game, want for a better word he is dross. I love his attitude love his proffesionalism but thats about it, granted he looks better in the 4-2-3-1 formation but in this current set-up Jesus and Mary only know why Benitez opts for him in this formation. His control is appalling and too many attacks break down when he recieves the ball, and 9/10 when he does play the ball its either to the opposition when going forward, and backwards to Alonso and Carra.

Same with Yossi Benayoun, hes as bad if not worse as he simply goes missing in most games and quite frankly he goes missing at a time when hes needed most. He constantly cuts in on his right foot and our play becomes narrow and predictable. When he does come in more often than not the door slammed shut by opposing defenders simply because he runs into a wall of them. We loose alot of momentum in attack when he does this, and for the rest of the match hes a mere shadow on the pitch. At least in Kuyts defence he has a presence and runs around alot :laugh:  but that aint good enough.

Alonso and Gerrard are probably doing all they can in that midfield and IMO that midfield is only operating at 60%.

Skrtel who I do like the look of looks very naive on occassions and as Mick has said is prone to ball watching, and hes also proned to throwing himself into the odd tackle or two and looks quite rash. It doesnt give me the greatest amount of confidence when hes at these school boy shenaniguns. Unlike Hyypia and Carra who both instill me and I'm sure Reina and the team with a bit of confidence at the back, Skrtel does not. Hes not the only looking dodgey defender we have, Arbeloa who I quite like isnt "Mr reliable or consistent" as Finnan ever is/was and he has his lapses in concerntration to at the back, while I'm still not sold on the idea that either Aurelio or Dossena are any better than what JAR was. Finnan, Carra, Hyypia and Riise looked on paper and in practise a MUCH more formidable, non-nonsense denfence than Arbeloa, Carra, Skrtel and Dossena/Aurelio do. It may come with time that they get better, but I honestly dont see it at the mo which basically means we are a fair bit weaker in defence now than we was then.

I maintain the crux o our problem though is midfield and If Rafa doesnt get the summer signings he wants, I'd very much urge him to revert back to the 4-2-3-1 formation before we seriously come unstuck and end up in another bliiiiiiip.

Final point, to many of the well respected posters on here that disreguard peoples opinions that we dont need wide players who can whip in a cross or two. I'm happily going to give you the two finger salute for your sheer arrongance upon the matter becasue although Torres and Kean may not "thrive" on crosses as they're "not as good with their head as they are with their feet' hense the reason why we dont need a wide man he is capable of whipping in a cross or two. B0llocks to ya, it may not of been Torres or Keane who scored from Babels cross, but still if you dont whip em in, you'll have even less chance of scoring wont you ? And note that was the first cross of the night from that area of the pitch where Babel crossed from.
66-1112520797

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:55 pm

There are one or two players in the Liege team I liked the look of. Call it arrogance, but Rafa & Co. could do a whole lot worse than reviewing both matches....I wouldn't mind seeing one or two in a LFC shirt...

But to you, Bamagaman, b0ll0cks to you that we don't need quality on the wings. You're the only person to say this that I have heard in the past 4 years - that includes a whole whack load of past players, pundits, managers, coaches etc....
You seemingly know better though
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion