LIVERPOOL VS STANDARD LIEGE - Champions league qualifier - 2nd leg

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby slickrick » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:58 pm

in all fairness we should take these apart tonight, there players will have experienced nothing like a european night in anfield before and hopefully will :censored: themselves! keane to get off the mark tonight, bank on that
slickrick

Postby heimdall » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:25 pm

I'm very nervous for this match, if we play as poorly as we have up to now then I can see them winning but I also have a feeling that this is the macth when Keane and Torres finally start to gel. The lads have a tendency of getting fired up for European games and lets hope that's true tonight.
heimdall

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:30 pm

Atleast there wont be any bog roll on the pitch tonight.

We cant play any worst than 2 weeks ago plus Gerrards back fit and Babel now available so thing will probably be alrite on the night.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:31 pm

Ciggy wrote:Atleast there wont be any bog roll on the pitch tonight.

We cant play any worst than 2 weeks ago plus Gerrards back fit and Babel now available so thing will probably be alrite on the night.

they better be smurfette, always get nervous with this sort of game, we need a few early goals to settle my bottom
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Boss  :cool:

Masch & Lucas to parade Olympic medals at Anfield tonight.

David Price takes Olympic bronze to AnfieldAug 27 2008

By Richard Down, Liverpool Daily Post

LIVERPOOL’S boxing titan will celebrate his Olympic medal success alongside his own footballing heroes at Anfield tonight.

David Price, 25, upset the odds by fighting his way past Russia’s world number one, Islam Timurziev, to land bronze in Beijing.

And now Liverpool FC’s super-heavyweight fan will show his medal to the fans alongside Argentinean double gold medal winner Javier Mascherano, and Brazilian bronze winner Leiva Lucas.

Liverpool City Council is also planning a civic reception for the boxer alongside Merseyside’s other Olympic athletes.

David said: “I didn’t go to the closing ceremony – it’s not my sort of thing. But getting on the pitch at Anfield where my mates are watching – that means the world to me.

LFC spokesman Ian Cotton said: “From our point of view it is great for a huge fan, and such an important Liverpool figure, to celebrate his success at Anfield.”

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0100new....ge.html
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:00 pm

Some of the Liege fans are badly kicking off in town hitting passers by 100s of bizzies there.

Build up is on here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/local_radio/index.shtml
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:05 pm

The thing about us playing a team like this is if we click we could turn them over 5 or 6 -0.
if not then it could be one of them 91st min games.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:05 pm

The offering of the medals of our boys is something that has touched me.

The Spaniards could have done something similar :blush:  , as I think they do get a medal for what they won in summer  . Nice gesture from our american players.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:07 pm

The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Gerrard, Alonso, Benayoun, Kuyt, Torres, Keane.

Subs: Cavalieri, Dossena, Agger, Plessis, Spearing, El Zhar, Babel.
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:09 pm

Ciggy wrote:The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Gerrard, Alonso, Benayoun, Kuyt, Torres, Keane.

Subs to follow.

Dossena dropped it looks like.  We can hardly call it rotation looking at the rest of the team.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafa09 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:10 pm

WTF,s all this negativity about? We are LIVERPOOL FC ffs. 5 TIMES. if you have nothing positive to say FOOK OFF!!! We WILL win tonight, and i don,t expect anything else.We are FEARED throughout europe. GET A GRIP PPL
rafa09

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:11 pm

john craig wrote:
Ciggy wrote:The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Arbeloa, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Gerrard, Alonso, Benayoun, Kuyt, Torres, Keane.

Subs to follow.

Dossena dropped it looks like.  We can hardly call it rotation looking at the rest of the team.

Because he hasn't options. In the CB he's changing the pairing often it seems.

Agger, yet another game without playing, I really hoped he'd be crucial as soon as he came back from injury. :m
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:13 pm

john craig wrote:

Subs to follow.

Duno whether he is dropped or not he got stitched in his head on saturday, Aggers struggling to get his place since the Liege game. Hyypias injured.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:14 pm

:censored:, Banayoun and Kuyt on the wings in a 442 again.  Hope they do something productive against Liege this time, especially Benayoun.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:16 pm

going to be narrow once again then
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion