LIVERPOOL VS STANDARD LIEGE - Champions league qualifier - 2nd leg

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:22 am

No problem. It all will be sorted if you create a thread like the Dirk Kuyt one explaining that you don't dislike Rafa neither.  :)
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:25 am

Sabre wrote:No problem. It all will be sorted if you create a thread like the Dirk Kuyt one explaining that you don't dislike Rafa neither.  :)

i cant lie mate    :laugh:
112-1077774096

Postby RedBen » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:25 am

I watched the match yesterday on Belgium television and it was fucking hard to watch.  :help
The commentator was biased of course, and that made it even harder. Every time Standard had a chance (as we all know that wasn't a rarity) he tried to yell the ball in the goal...
Anyway, I'm happy we're through, Kuyt is a hero :p  , we need to keep playing exactly like this because we can't lose no matter how bad we play and I hope that Standard wins the UEFA cup and we the CL.
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:45 am

Pepe - 10 - Got to be close to being the best keeper in the world

Arbeloa - 6 - Bit more solid in defence and looked a bit more of a threat going forward
Carra -7- Solid as ever
Skittles-7- Some great tackles and handled the physical stuff well
Aurelio- 6 - Same as Arbeloa

Kuyt- 4 First half 7 Second Half - no surprise when he moved higher up the pitch he was more dangerous - created some good chances and scored the winner
Gerrard - 6 - Quiet game for him but seems was carrying an injury
Xabi- 8 - One of his best games for us for a while , controlled the ball found space and passing was good most of the time
Yossi - 3 - Toilet

Keane - 5- Maybe trying to hard but doesnt fit in at the moment
Torres- 6 - toiled away all night but not much effect.

Babel- 6 - Should be a 5 but gets an extra point for the cross
El Zhar - 7 - Lively when came on - feisty thing and looked dangerous when on the ball.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:50 am

Agree with most. but would give Yossi 2.

1 point for entering the pitch and another one for leaving it. Completely clueless.
club_Levis

Postby lakes10 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:55 am

Ciggy wrote:
peewee wrote:already been to anfield this year sweetheart, and being raised near the ground and supporting them for 37 years and going constantly until moving to asia is hardly glory hunting, but why let facts get in the way of you nastiness

Its not nastyness the pair of you do nothing but slag Rafa off and the players constantly, feckin moan moan moan, worst than a pair of arl women.

The thing is you are very judgmental about some members when in fact you dont even know them.
I am a bit shocked at being called a glory hunter, are you saying that anyone who was born during the time Liverpool were the top team in England (70s-80s) are glory hunters.

and as going to games, yes i will get to go to some this year like i did last year but as i dont have a season ticket anymore.

are you also saying that if you dont go to any Liverpool games then you should not be able to post your opinion or even support the Club?

IF thats the case we would not have many fans and this forum would not have very many members.

I have state what i think about Rafa from the start and that has not changed but i still back him as he is our manager but that dont mean i can not have ago at him or them team when they play as bad as they have for the last 3 games.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:58 am

opinions are like ar'seholes - this forum's got lots of them.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:00 am

andy_g wrote:opinions are like ar'seholes - this forum's got lots of them.

dont you start  :D
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:01 am

Emerald Red wrote:
peewee wrote:truth hurts eh?

Don't give me that bollox. We were poor, aye; but the constant droning and negativity consistently directed at this team is starting to get on my f*cking tits on this forum lately. Either support the side, or just f*ck off and support someone else. Simple as that. In a while when we're having a good spell, players will all of a sudden become legends. You can't have it both ways. Faith is one-dimensional. That's it!

Why don't you follow your own advice if you can't handle the truth and :censored: off and support your local team.

You're happy clappy attitude is even more boring than listening to the dickheads.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:02 am

club_Levis wrote:Agree with most. but would give Yossi 2.

1 point for entering the pitch and another one for leaving it. Completely clueless.

was beinig generous to him as he nearly created a chance
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:03 am

lakes10 wrote:The thing is you are very judgmental about some members when in fact you dont even know them.
I am a bit shocked at being called a glory hunter, are you saying that anyone who was born during the time Liverpool were the top team in England (70s-80s) are glory hunters.

and as going to games, yes i will get to go to some this year like i did last year but as i dont have a season ticket anymore.

are you also saying that if you dont go to any Liverpool games then you should not be able to post your opinion or even support the Club?

IF thats the case we would not have many fans and this forum would not have very many members.

I have state what i think about Rafa from the start and that has not changed but i still back him as he is our manager but that dont mean i can not have ago at him or them team when they play as bad as they have for the last 3 games.

All you and Peewee do is slag rafa off and the players FACT.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:07 am

Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:The thing is you are very judgmental about some members when in fact you dont even know them.

putting FACT on the end makes everything true

:laugh:
112-1077774096

Postby lakes10 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:09 am

Ciggy wrote:

Wrong, Fact

what about the rest of my post?

When can someone be a Liverpool fan? what year are they ment to start to support the Club.

edit: sorry i should not have put that.
Last edited by lakes10 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:10 am

My oh my...a lot of frayed nerves and bad tempered posts around this morning...
Me too, I have to say, though I think it's because the only thing I got to eat last night was about three fingernails and numerous mugs o' tae....(just couldn't tear meself away from the box long enough to make some scran). I'm always grumpy when I don't eat, in fact I tend to get irrational...Anybody else here have that ?

Anyway, back to my point....

I agree with Emerald Red - and probably every single fan on this forum - that we were truly muck over the two legs. Really, you've gotta expect better at least from a front two that cost as much as they did. You've got to expect more from a lot of players out there last night but I won't re-hash what I've already posted elsewhere..

Comments like "fark off and support your local team" are out of order, but I suspect that's an emotional rant. Ditto for "support the side or just feck off"...

Something is rotten in the state of Anfield, to coin a phrase. In his post match interview, Rafa mentioned the return of Babel, Masch and Lucas as the key to the recent abysmal performances. No it isn't, and if he thinks it is, he's even more delusional than when espousing the rotation policy.

I'm happy to say, I've had a good greasy sausage roll, and a couple of scones this morning. Full belly, still major fecked off about last night, but we're through....We've a lot done, a lot more to do though
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:12 am

OK this is how I saw it...

Pepe - 10 - Top class keeper. nuff said.
Arbeloa - 7 - Not a bad game at all. Looked quite solid really
Carra -8- took no prisoners. Played a good game
Skittles-8- Just love his tackling. I was quite scared.
Aurelio- 7 - First time Ive proper looked at him play. He did well.

Kuyt- 6 - Seemed to run around a lot. Gave the ball away too much but got an extra 1 point for the goal.
Gerrard - 6 - Not himself at all
Xabi- 6 - Hmmm, I thought he was a long way from his best.
Yossi - 3 - not a good game

Keane - 5- lost the ball a lot. didnt have many chances except the one he spooned.
Torres- 7 - super fast. great feet, just couldnt break through.

Babel- 6 - looked a bit lost but put a great cross in.
El Zhar - 7 - Lively when came on. This lad looks a great prospect
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion