LIVERPOOL VS STANDARD LIEGE - Champions league qualifier - 2nd leg

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:25 am

Fo Dne wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:7 - Reina - Some good saves.

5 - Arbeloa - Poor passing, poor movement but wasn't troubled defensively.

6 - Carragher - Poor distribution but untroubled.

6 - Turtle (can't spell his name) solid but ball watched once or twice.

7 - Aurelio - Decent on the ball and done well on the left on his own.

3 - Kuyt - Scored the winner but was a disgrace. Absolotuely awful.

7 - Alonso - MOM never gave it away, played some excellent passes, read the game, best player.

7 - Gerrard - Helped Xabi boss the game, tried, tackled and done well, good balance with Xabi.

4 - Bennayoun - Poor, can do alot better.

5 - Keane - Worked hard... too hard. RELAX!

6 - Torres - Not at his best, needs to sharpen up.

Subs:

2 - Babel - Supplied the cross, he owed that to us for the :censored: he served before... Is the biggest :censored: house and waster ever. Rubbish rubbish rubbish performance by a :censored: player who is a disgrace to the shirt.

7 - El Zhar - Looked lively, offered more than Kuyt, Babel and Bennayoun. Played good passes and looked lively.

Disgracefull from the wide players with the exception of Aurelio.

You clearly know fu.ck all about football 2 outa 10 for babel LMAO.

You are some thing else CLASSIC>  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Had he not delivered a half decent cross he'd have got a -1. His contribution was a disgrace, his lack of effort was a disgrace and the fact he didn't even look interested in going up for a header when the game was at 0-0 in the second half and just let the defender jump on his own made me feel physically sick.

He's getting paid £50,000 a week and he can't even be arsed to challenge for one :censored: header all game.

I hope he breaks both of his :censored: legs the misely :censored:. Complete and utter waster with zero talent.

Babel was shocking, how many times did he try and pass the ball around the defender and run around him - but fail? But for the cross he might as well not have come on, he was as bad as Benayoun.

MOTM? Probably Reina in my book, two saves that kept us in the match to take it to extra time. Big mentions for El Zhar and Carra who played well.

8 Reina - kept us in the game

5 Arbeloa - got forward but not to great effect

6 Aurelio - delivery poor, fine defensively

8 Carragher - a rock in defence as usual

8 Skrtel - dependable enough, also pushed forward with the ball which made some difference

7 Kuyt - improved as the game went on, covered a lot of ground and while he didn't offer a great deal attacking wise until late in the game, he was no worse than most. Scored the winner, also had a few other good efforts on goal. Looked like the only player in a Liverpool shirt who would score and did, yet he STILL gets stick. Just remember why you're going to be watching the group stages with Liverpool in it

4 Benayoun - provided little width, didn't do anything worth remembering. One of several candidates to go off, fortunately Kuyt was left on and repaid Rafa's faith

6 Alonso - would have controlled the midfield if he hadn't given the ball away so much. The worst was one straight up the middle of the park to the opposition, absolutely godawful. Tackling wise he had a pretty good game, didn't create much but then what else is new

5 Gerrard - worked hard, but too often tried to run at the defence and had the ball taken off him. Passing was not great, his set-pieces weren't either and all-round this wasn't one of his better games. The whole midfield could have been taken off before the latter half of the 120 mins.

3 Keane - got in a great position to score and missed the ball completely, ran around a lot but didn't exactly do a lot.

5 Torres - not his greatest game, one mazy run when he should have played the man on the left side of the area in. It didn't help him that the general SL tactic was to make sure the attack stopped and if that meant kicking Torres then that's what they did.

SUBS

4 Babel - apart from the cross he dribbled possession away, his introduction made little change to the left side. His cross was lucky to make it through to Kuyt, of course he had to check back onto his right to make it - and people bitch about Kuyt on the right when left is our perennial problem

8 El Zhar - did what most of the other Liverpool players couldn't do, beat players and cause their defence problems. Should have had a penalty for a trip on him in the area, he changed the game

Plessis wasn't on long enough to rate. I thought Kuyt might have been the one to come off to get the applause
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:40 am

peewee wrote:already been to anfield this year sweetheart, and being raised near the ground and supporting them for 37 years and going constantly until moving to asia is hardly glory hunting, but why let facts get in the way of you nastiness

Its not nastyness the pair of you do nothing but slag Rafa off and the players constantly, feckin moan moan moan, worst than a pair of arl women.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:41 am

Emerald Red wrote:
peewee wrote:truth hurts eh?

Don't give me that bollox. We were poor, aye; but the constant droning and negativity consistently directed at this team is starting to get on my f*cking tits on this forum lately. Either support the side, or just f*ck off and support someone else. Simple as that. In a while when we're having a good spell, players will all of a sudden become legends. You can't have it both ways. Faith is one-dimensional. That's it!

so being a supporter means that we have to turn a blind eye to cr@p?

get real mate, we have every right to criticise the team, thats what being a fan is about, taking the rough with the smooth but we dont have to pretend everything is ok when it very clearly isnt.

its up to you if you want to be happy clappy and ignore the truth but dont criticise those of us who choose t say it at it is.

and for the record i am annoyed with the idiots who think everything is ok and post their drivel on here making excuses for another p*ss poor performance

we will just have to agree to disagree

nobody on here hs stopped supporting the club and i doubt anyone will (apart from sabre if alonso leaves)

when the team starts to perform they will get the praise they deserve just like they are getting the criticism they deserve right now
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:44 am

Owzat wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:7 - Reina - Some good saves.

5 - Arbeloa - Poor passing, poor movement but wasn't troubled defensively.

6 - Carragher - Poor distribution but untroubled.

6 - Turtle (can't spell his name) solid but ball watched once or twice.

7 - Aurelio - Decent on the ball and done well on the left on his own.

3 - Kuyt - Scored the winner but was a disgrace. Absolotuely awful.

7 - Alonso - MOM never gave it away, played some excellent passes, read the game, best player.

7 - Gerrard - Helped Xabi boss the game, tried, tackled and done well, good balance with Xabi.

4 - Bennayoun - Poor, can do alot better.

5 - Keane - Worked hard... too hard. RELAX!

6 - Torres - Not at his best, needs to sharpen up.

Subs:

2 - Babel - Supplied the cross, he owed that to us for the :censored: he served before... Is the biggest :censored: house and waster ever. Rubbish rubbish rubbish performance by a :censored: player who is a disgrace to the shirt.

7 - El Zhar - Looked lively, offered more than Kuyt, Babel and Bennayoun. Played good passes and looked lively.

Disgracefull from the wide players with the exception of Aurelio.

You clearly know fu.ck all about football 2 outa 10 for babel LMAO.

You are some thing else CLASSIC>  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Had he not delivered a half decent cross he'd have got a -1. His contribution was a disgrace, his lack of effort was a disgrace and the fact he didn't even look interested in going up for a header when the game was at 0-0 in the second half and just let the defender jump on his own made me feel physically sick.

He's getting paid £50,000 a week and he can't even be arsed to challenge for one :censored: header all game.

I hope he breaks both of his :censored: legs the misely :censored:. Complete and utter waster with zero talent.

Babel was shocking, how many times did he try and pass the ball around the defender and run around him - but fail? But for the cross he might as well not have come on, he was as bad as Benayoun.

MOTM? Probably Reina in my book, two saves that kept us in the match to take it to extra time. Big mentions for El Zhar and Carra who played well.

8 Reina - kept us in the game

5 Arbeloa - got forward but not to great effect

6 Aurelio - delivery poor, fine defensively

8 Carragher - a rock in defence as usual

8 Skrtel - dependable enough, also pushed forward with the ball which made some difference

7 Kuyt - improved as the game went on, covered a lot of ground and while he didn't offer a great deal attacking wise until late in the game, he was no worse than most. Scored the winner, also had a few other good efforts on goal. Looked like the only player in a Liverpool shirt who would score and did, yet he STILL gets stick. Just remember why you're going to be watching the group stages with Liverpool in it

4 Benayoun - provided little width, didn't do anything worth remembering. One of several candidates to go off, fortunately Kuyt was left on and repaid Rafa's faith

6 Alonso - would have controlled the midfield if he hadn't given the ball away so much. The worst was one straight up the middle of the park to the opposition, absolutely godawful. Tackling wise he had a pretty good game, didn't create much but then what else is new

5 Gerrard - worked hard, but too often tried to run at the defence and had the ball taken off him. Passing was not great, his set-pieces weren't either and all-round this wasn't one of his better games. The whole midfield could have been taken off before the latter half of the 120 mins.

3 Keane - got in a great position to score and missed the ball completely, ran around a lot but didn't exactly do a lot.

5 Torres - not his greatest game, one mazy run when he should have played the man on the left side of the area in. It didn't help him that the general SL tactic was to make sure the attack stopped and if that meant kicking Torres then that's what they did.

SUBS

4 Babel - apart from the cross he dribbled possession away, his introduction made little change to the left side. His cross was lucky to make it through to Kuyt, of course he had to check back onto his right to make it - and people bitch about Kuyt on the right when left is our perennial problem

8 El Zhar - did what most of the other Liverpool players couldn't do, beat players and cause their defence problems. Should have had a penalty for a trip on him in the area, he changed the game

Plessis wasn't on long enough to rate. I thought Kuyt might have been the one to come off to get the applause

writing garbage like this basically makes the rest of you marks not worth reading as they are obviously bollox also

we are in the group stages purely because of kuyt   :laugh:   hey maybe he can play by himself on sunday as he doesnt need anyone else
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:47 am

peewee wrote:nobody on here hs stopped supporting the club and i doubt anyone will (apart from sabre if alonso leaves)

Bang out of order that.

Give me Sabre over the moaning bastids here every day of the week.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:49 am

peewee wrote:we are in the group stages purely because of kuyt   :laugh:   hey maybe he can play by himself on sunday as he doesnt need anyone else

Change the feckin record FFS Kuyt again get a feckin grip seriously.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:50 am

peewee wrote:writing garbage like this basically makes the rest of you marks not worth reading as they are obviously bollox also

we are in the group stages purely because of kuyt   :laugh:   hey maybe he can play by himself on sunday as he doesnt need anyone else

Actually I would give Reina MOTM, but if you're so small minded to take one comment and not bother reading the rest then knock yourself out.

:rasp
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:52 am

Owzat wrote:
peewee wrote:writing garbage like this basically makes the rest of you marks not worth reading as they are obviously bollox also

Actually I would give Reina MOTM, but if you're so small minded to take one comment and not bother reading the rest then knock yourself out.

:rasp

ok reina and kuyt can play on sunday and everyone else can have a rest

:D
112-1077774096

Postby Owzat » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:53 am

Ciggy wrote:
peewee wrote:we are in the group stages purely because of kuyt   :laugh:   hey maybe he can play by himself on sunday as he doesnt need anyone else

That's why he posted that cr ap in response to my post, I dared to suggest Kuyt was a hero (which he was) Kuyt had a decent game overall, he was as poor as everyone else for the rest of the match and tie.

I guess Torres didn't win us the Sunderland game and Gerrard didn't win us the Boro game, then again peewee doesn't hate either of them two..................
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:54 am

Ciggy wrote:

ciggy if i am discussing football, be quiet theres a good girl.

on one hand people are saying we are in the group stages because of him and on the other hand slagging people of for discussing him

get a grip and ignore my posts if you dont like them
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:57 am

Owzat wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

That's why he posted that cr ap in response to my post, I dared to suggest Kuyt was a hero (which he was) Kuyt had a decent game overall, he was as poor as everyone else for the rest of the match and tie.

I guess Torres didn't win us the Sunderland game and Gerrard didn't win us the Boro game, then again peewee doesn't hate either of them two..................

no they didnt win us the games, they scored the winning goals but like i say thats not exactly winning us the game, agaisnt borough gerrard did nothing until he scored, thats not winning the game mate.

do yourself a favour and stop being an idiot, what i say is not hard to understand.

kuyt is a hero   :laugh:   he did what he is supposed to do after 117 minutes of being rubbish just like gerrard did on saturday
112-1077774096

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:58 am

Reading most of these posts it amazes me why the team even tries to bring a tophy back home, because if they were to read these comments they would ask themselves who the f*ck are they playing for?  Because it's certaintly not most of you.
SupitsJonF

Postby club_Levis » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:06 am

Thanks God we are through. Not a great team performance but we shouldnt think Liege are a poor..I can bet my last dollar they would easily send the likes of the bitters to the cleaners. Lets enjoy the win and wait for the draw YNWA!!!!
club_Levis

Postby Sabre » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:08 am

nobody on here hs stopped supporting the club and i doubt anyone will (apart from sabre if alonso leaves)

Making friends Peewee? :laugh: You already did enough yesterday night!

Quite simply it's a matter of time I prove you wrong. Hopefully it will be in about 6 years when Alonso is 32 and has nothing more to offer in this club.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:12 am

Sabre wrote:

Making friends Peewee? :laugh: You already did enough yesterday night!

Quite simply it's a matter of time I prove you wrong. Hopefully it will be in about 6 years when Alonso is 32 and has nothing more to offer in this club.

it was actually meant as a joke but i omitted the smiley.

sorry
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion