LIVERPOOL VS STANDARD LIEGE - Champions league qualifier - 2nd leg

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Simari » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:19 pm

maguskwt wrote:
Sabre wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
Sabre wrote:For the record: Sabre thinks Alonso did a poor game :D

And calm down people!! if we fall out today, what will happen when we draw two games!

alonso had a great game... MOM imo... gerrard on the other hand was poor even though he was trying his usual stuff it wasn't coming off again... alonso redeemed himself from the boro game... well done xabi!

No mate, MOM is Reina, who made a couple of VERY difficult saves.

He's the reason we're through alongside Kuyt's goal.

Alonso, the usual passes he does to give the game some order and sense were not right, he had to be our game director and today he wasn't. An action where he had a free kick, he decides to take it quickly to Benayoun in the left and that's not an advantage. Not his best game, despite a couple of shots.

I thought Dawson had a point about focusing on Kuy because many of our men were under their standards. Babel, until the cross didn't contribute a lot. Neither did Benayoun. Torres was much worse than he's got us used to. Keane could have done better. Fabio Aurelio was mistaken many times and didn't hear Rafa who yelled him to overlap.

well you can say that reina was MOM for his saves sabre... but i thought in the whole outfield, where almost everyone was having a poor game, xabi kept it together, the flow of the game went through him basically... I thought he was impressive with his passing and picking out players and even winning balls with some tackles, basically his positioning was almost  perfect and plugging holes and distributing the ball which he is capable of... maybe because gerrard was being focused on by our opponents... but today's performance by xabi helps us remember his real qualities...

The flow of the game DID NOT go through Alonso. On more occasions than I can remember, he was a bystander with the balls being played down the flanks.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:20 pm

I only saw that for some minutes mate, the start of the second half was very dissapointing to me, and I'm not suspicious of not giving him credit. Anyhow, how we perceive football is a matter of opinions and often a matter of how frustrating is being the match, so it's normal to disagree.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:21 pm

maguskwt wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
peewee wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:All you fu.cks slaging dirk off eat ya words and my man babel with cross.

Some of you make me sick.  :no

yeah cos kuyt is world class now based on kneeing one in from 4 yards

idiot

kuyt makes me sick too. fair enough he scored a goal at last. he was at the right place at the right time. he didnt do anything magical to create the goal. kuyt stinks. end of. liverpool didnt deserve to win this game. no desire shown.

wtf are you on about? our team didn't give up for 120 mins! they toiled and toiled until they got a goal! support your feckin team for once moron...

oh shut up you imbecile. fecking blind :censored:. so what if we won? im not impressed. did we need 120mins to beat a team that compared to us has no reputation? retard.

you see the problem with you and fans such as you is that you discount the opponents too easily just because they have a name you haven't heard with your vast football knowledge... they're not belgium champions for nothing... like it or not their players are decent and they played very very well... we didn't play well but we put in 100% effort and did not stop trying until the last minute and that's why it paid off... give credit where credit is due... stop being a bunch of narrow minded dimwits...

toffeehater has the right attitude...

oh so ive never heard of SL before this game huh? irony of it all is that YOU are calling me narrow minded. so i have an opinion and its wrong just because YOU feel its wrong. and IM the narrow minded one. i doubt you'd be as brave spitting those words to my face for you're nicely tucked hidden behind your PC.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby rafa09 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:23 pm

Let,s end this now.will mod,s start new page for champions lge draw tomorrow? WE ARE IN IT!!!!!
rafa09

Postby europian-kings » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:24 pm

rafa09 wrote:Let,s end this now.will mod,s start new page for champions lge draw tomorrow? WE ARE IN IT!!!!!

and weather u love him or hate him....thanks to dirk kuyt :)
and pepe reina makin sum quality saves in both ties :cool:
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:25 pm

rafa09 wrote:Let,s end this now.will mod,s start new page for champions lge draw tomorrow? WE ARE IN IT!!!!!

Anyone who has more than 100 posts and makes an introduction of more than one line can create the thread. BTW I for one do thank your positive thinking, it will be needed along the seson.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:26 pm

Sabre wrote:

Anyone who has more than 100 posts and makes an introduction of more than one line can create the thread. BTW I for one do thank your positive thinking, it will be needed along the seson.

PHFFTTT! happy clappers  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:27 pm

I was going to say something similar. Save the petty arguments amongst yourself, they are meaningless. We are all frustrated with the performance of the team and are getting ratty with each other. We are through to the next round on the back of a poor performance. On the whole, our performances can only improve.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:28 pm

Masch is back ..... all our problems are behind us now
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:29 pm

PHFFTTT! happy clappers  :D

:D

Yes, I have noticed a couple of promising cabin boys in the docks to join the happy clappy vessel   :D
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:30 pm

KUYT  :wwww  :laugh:  :buttrock  :D  :pirate
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:30 pm

LFC2007 wrote:KUYT  :wwww  :laugh:  :buttrock  :D  :pirate

:laugh:
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafa09 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:31 pm

I,have foud a lovely villa south of rome. Sleeps 8. 4 places going
rafa09

Postby maguskwt » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:32 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
peewee wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:All you fu.cks slaging dirk off eat ya words and my man babel with cross.

Some of you make me sick.  :no

yeah cos kuyt is world class now based on kneeing one in from 4 yards

idiot

kuyt makes me sick too. fair enough he scored a goal at last. he was at the right place at the right time. he didnt do anything magical to create the goal. kuyt stinks. end of. liverpool didnt deserve to win this game. no desire shown.

wtf are you on about? our team didn't give up for 120 mins! they toiled and toiled until they got a goal! support your feckin team for once moron...

oh shut up you imbecile. fecking blind :censored:. so what if we won? im not impressed. did we need 120mins to beat a team that compared to us has no reputation? retard.

you see the problem with you and fans such as you is that you discount the opponents too easily just because they have a name you haven't heard with your vast football knowledge... they're not belgium champions for nothing... like it or not their players are decent and they played very very well... we didn't play well but we put in 100% effort and did not stop trying until the last minute and that's why it paid off... give credit where credit is due... stop being a bunch of narrow minded dimwits...

toffeehater has the right attitude...

oh so ive never heard of SL before this game huh? irony of it all is that YOU are calling me narrow minded. so i have an opinion and its wrong just because YOU feel its wrong. and IM the narrow minded one. i doubt you'd be as brave spitting those words to my face for you're nicely tucked hidden behind your PC.

the IRONY is that I'm not the one telling ppl to shut up  :laugh:  :laugh: ... feckin laughable...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:34 pm

peewee wrote:anyway 5 am here now,

night night and sweet dreams (please feel free to continue the personal abuse, i will have a laugh at it when i log in later  :D  )

Night night, don't let the bed bugs KUYT  :laugh:  :D
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion