LIVERPOOL VS STANDARD LIEGE - Champions league qualifier - 2nd leg

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby slickrick » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:08 pm

i know it, you know it, everyteam and manager knows it, we have no wide men, we play through the middle, we're easy to defend against, we'll win nothing this year! people need to start tellin the truth, i love this club as much as anyone but i'm still gonna say we're :censored:
slickrick

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:09 pm

F*ck off Liverpool, you bunch of over-paid unforgivable cunts for putting us through that shyte. God, that was hard to watch. Only messing about the unforgivable part. I still love you. Best thing about this game (other than absolutely scraping it) was Rafa and their manager on the touchline. I want a gif. of that ASAP. Oh, and Benaygoon must be dropped. He was a disgrace.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:09 pm

FromBelgium wrote: :censored: losers!!!

Standard Liege Was Better then you :censored: reds!!

ure so lucky!

you played well dude, cograts but footy is footy if you dont stay the course you dont win the game.

You ran us ragged but lacked the last little bit of quality to finish it.

not luck just footy
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:10 pm

bigmick wrote:Anyway we won. Dirk scored the winner and fair play to him, we'll need to play a lot better, and we will. Long as we beat Villa at the weekend all is good.

Really pleased to see that the lack of rotation is paying dividends as well. Even when you play terrible you see, you have that team spirit, the togetherness, that cameraderie that you don't get with heavily rotated teams. That's why we keep winning. The good thing is I'm not being serious, just imagine how silly it would sound if I was. It'd be like claiming that changing half the team every game has no effect on cohesion whatsoever and how daft would that be :D

From what I've seen though, (and I haven't seen any of it tonight) the introduction of Keane and the reversion to more of a 4-4-2 (or 4-2-3-1 if anybody prefers that description of it) is having quite a detrimental effect on the levels we were achieving last season. Whether that's because it has meant Gerrard not playing quite so high up, or because Keane and Torres are taking each others space, or even a combination of the two I'm not so sure without watching more. I think we have to stay with it and give Keaner the opportunity to show us what a good player he is (and he is) and I can't help thinking that the solution starts with moving Gerrard to right to replace the bloke with the deadliest calf and knee in the Premiership (yes I know he for the winner tonight). We could then ask Keane to drop into the hole more, which would have the dual effect of freeing up space and options for Torres and also slightly compensate for Alonso's lack of forward mobility at times. On the left we could play Babel, or Riera when he arrives. Arbeloa would no doubt look quite good at right back then which would be good.

That's how the cocktail barman sees it anyway.

Spot on about sticking with Keane.

Not sure about moving Gerrard to the right.

Pi.ssed myself at 'deadliest calf and knee in the Premiership' :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:10 pm

Why would you release a chimp if the doctor clearly stated it was infected?

I mean, what's the fooking point?

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:10 pm

Standard Liege Was Better then you :censored: reds!!

ure so lucky!

Well Liverpool may have been fortunate to prevail on the night, ut you were lucky in that our two games with you coincided with extremely poor performances by us. Had we played properly, the aggregate score would have been 6-0.

Now you've done well, you've made lots of friends, passed it about, played the game the way it should be played and all that old b0ll0cks so don't go spoiling it now. Take it like a man, stiff upper lip, get yourself to the nearest bar, get hammered and get yourself a kebab on the way home (with extra chilli sauce).

Tomorrow morning you'll feel much better about yourself while your pondering the situation sitting on the carsey. You'll no doubt go quite well in the UEFA Cup and win the Belgian league by 29 points. Happy days. It is only a game after all.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:11 pm

Reinas No.1 Fan wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:i think we all need to take a 5min break. off the PC. now! :D

28 Days Later is on Sky.

People should watch that.

Nothing calms me down like watching virally infected nutters spitting blood on Brendan Gleeson.

you would have enjoyed wimbledon play i the early days lol

woudn't it be more scary if the virally infected nutters were instead monster mash, skrtel and hmmmmmm voronin?? spiting the blood mwhahahhaa :buttrock
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:12 pm

Credit to the Belgians. They do make some tasty chocolate, and I'm craving some now.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:13 pm

Skrtel is actually "Ruk" from Star Trek:

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:14 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Skrtel is actually "Ruk" from Star Trek:

Haha. That's uncanny.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:14 pm

hahaha
i always thought i recognised the lad.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:15 pm

Emerald Red wrote:

Haha. That's uncanny.

Its not its RUK!! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:17 pm

I'm having a butchers at the last few pages for a laugh here. It's gonna be some funny sh*t reading this.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:17 pm

Bwahaha

Who won the match??

Farkin hell i thought it was Liverpool!

Mong.
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby maguskwt » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:18 pm

Sabre wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
Sabre wrote:For the record: Sabre thinks Alonso did a poor game :D

And calm down people!! if we fall out today, what will happen when we draw two games!

alonso had a great game... MOM imo... gerrard on the other hand was poor even though he was trying his usual stuff it wasn't coming off again... alonso redeemed himself from the boro game... well done xabi!

No mate, MOM is Reina, who made a couple of VERY difficult saves.

He's the reason we're through alongside Kuyt's goal.

Alonso, the usual passes he does to give the game some order and sense were not right, he had to be our game director and today he wasn't. An action where he had a free kick, he decides to take it quickly to Benayoun in the left and that's not an advantage. Not his best game, despite a couple of shots.

I thought Dawson had a point about focusing on Kuy because many of our men were under their standards. Babel, until the cross didn't contribute a lot. Neither did Benayoun. Torres was much worse than he's got us used to. Keane could have done better. Fabio Aurelio was mistaken many times and didn't hear Rafa who yelled him to overlap.

well you can say that reina was MOM for his saves sabre... but i thought in the whole outfield, where almost everyone was having a poor game, xabi kept it together, the flow of the game went through him basically... I thought he was impressive with his passing and picking out players and even winning balls with some tackles, basically his positioning was perfect, plugging holes and distributing the ball which he is capable of... maybe because gerrard was being focused on by our opponents... but today's performance by xabi helps us remember his real qualities...like how he controlled the game against juventus...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion