Liverpool vs spurs - Carling cup

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:57 am

I would actually like to win the competition as there is a possibility of winning it. It also could be one of our trophies this season (FA Cup is also a possibility).

I think this should be the squad we should put out tonight as most of our first team need a rest.

I know that Gerrard and Nunez will be taking some part tonight for sure.

Dudek

Finnan Whitbread Henchoz Ostemabor (i think)

Nunez Diao Biscan Warnock

Mellor Pongolle

I definitly want to see Partridge given a game tonight as he looks good. Gerrard will probably come on for Biscan or Diao if they really need him of he can be given a game anyway.

Traore and Josemi can come back into the squad if they are fit.

Don't slag me off but generally, I think Finnan should be our permanant player at right back.
Last edited by chiggz_likes_owen on Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:14 am

Don't bother with Diao...Gerrard to fill that slot. FSP better show what he's actually capable of and utilise his speed. A tough game as Spurs will be fielding a full strength squad. But the boys are capable of a 1-0 win.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:04 am

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:Don't slag me off but generally, I think Finnan should be our permanant player at right back. F*ck Josemi, hes not my type of player, hes a faggot

sorry but I m gonna slag you, why call him a faggot - yeh lets call one of our players a faggot, good idea - maybe ur a faggot?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:59 am

LFC #1 wrote:
chiggz_likes_owen wrote:Don't slag me off but generally, I think Finnan should be our permanant player at right back. F*ck Josemi, hes not my type of player, hes a faggot

sorry but I m gonna slag you, why call him a faggot - yeh lets call one of our players a faggot, good idea - maybe ur a faggot?

yep maybe i'am and so are you sh*thead, if i do happen to know where you live i'd fu*k you up with arms.
Last edited by chiggz_likes_owen on Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:04 am

I say sorry for alling Josemi a faggot i dont know what came over me in my thread, i weill keep my opinions to myself and not spread it on the forums.apologies to everyone. Just realised he needs time to settle in and hopefully will improve his game. Apologies to everyone except LFC#1 go screw yourself.
Last edited by chiggz_likes_owen on Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stel » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:49 am

Dudek

Mellor Pongolle

I dont think that Mellor and Sinama will play together tonight.Weve got 3 games in a week before Baros returns,so i believe Rafa is gonna rest 1 of our attackers in order to have them for Olympiakos' game
stel

Postby bigmick » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:01 am

Chiggz I agree that Finnan is edging ahead of Josemi. Nice apology though, the Josemi remark was unlike your previous posts. On the question of LFC#1, I've got a hunch that going round his house to do him over may involve quite a long journey. My hope is that by the time you got there you'd think better of the whole thing and just have a beer and some banter instead. :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:15 am

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:I would actually like to win the competition as there is a possibility of winning it. It also could be one of our trophies this season (FA Cup is also a possibility).

I think this should be the squad we should put out tonight as most of our first team need a rest.

I know that Gerrard and Nunez will be taking some part tonight for sure.

Dudek

Mellor Pongolle

I definitly want to see Partridge given a game tonight as he looks good. Gerrard will probably come on for Biscan or Diao if they really need him of he can be given a game anyway.

Traore and Josemi can come back into the squad if they are fit.

Don't slag me off but generally, I think Finnan should be our permanant player at right back.

This is why people give over sea fans abuse ???
Otsemobor is at crewe :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:26 am

settle down Chiggz man, maybe i should have put a smilie in there to indicate I wasn't serios, just didn't agree with you calling Josemi a faggot, very harsh on the lad.

Apologies, no offence intended.  :)
Last edited by LFC #1 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the-stinger » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:30 am

Gerrard will play no part in tonights match vs. Spurs
the-stinger

Postby bigmick » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:07 pm

Is that a prediction, a fact or just utter boll ocks? Just thought I'd ask asyou never can tell on here these days.
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the-stinger » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:13 pm

Fact

official site -> straight outta benitez mouth.

Steven Gerrard won't be involved at White Hart Lane tonight as Liverpool go in search of a place in the last four of the Carling Cup. 
Rafael Benitez will again field a young side in the competition, but there were suggestions Gerrard would also feature to aid his battle for full match sharpness after spending much of the last two months out injured.

But boss Rafael Benitez has decided against playing his skipper and Gerrard was left behind on Merseyside as the squad flew to London to prepare for the game last night.

"There are no problems with his injury but it is more to do with whether he becomes tired," said the manager.

"Another game would have been good for him as we need him to be fit and at a better level for the games against Aston Villa and Olympiacos.

"But I have to get the right balance between how much he trains and how much he plays because we have a lot of important games coming up and we need him to be fit.

"All the players want to play and Steven always wants to play but we must do what is the best for him and what is the best for the team, not just for this game but for the whole season."

Meanwhile, Spanish midfielder Antonio Nunez is expected to make his full debut after appearing as a second half substitute against Arsenal on Sunday, while there will also be first team action for Igor Biscan, Salif Diao, Jerzy Dudek, Stephen Warnock, Darren Potter and Zak Whitbread.

"Our squad isn't big enough to use first-team players," said the Liverpool boss.

"If we can win the Cup with the squad we have, that's great, but I have to think about the Champions League and the Premiership first."
the-stinger

Postby bigmick » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:15 pm

Tah v. much. :;):
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:27 pm

Yea sorry about that LFC#1, lets cool it, nothing to get angry about.

My apoligies.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:53 pm

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:Yea sorry about that LFC#1, lets cool it, nothing to get angry about.

My apoligies.

no worries mate, truce.  :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion