LIVERPOOL VS PORTSMOUTH - in game/post match reaction

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby cuppatea » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:33 pm

I know it's only a friendly, but it was fairly typical of Premiership away performance during the Benitez era, in that we had plenty of the ball but struggled to convert possession into chances, and chances into goals.

I've been saying it all summer, but I still think our lack of quality on the wings is going to be our undoing. Babel (besides not even considering himself a winger) looks, at best, an extremely raw talent and I can't see Benayoun being much more than a squad player. With that said, we're not looking much (if at all) stronger on the wings than last season, and certainly in no way comparable to Chelsea and Man Utd in those areas.

If we couldn't break teams down often enough last season (and that was obviously a problem for us), I don't really see who amongst our new signings is going to change that. Hopefully Torres will improve on our conversion rate (which currently stands at about 1 goal for every 5 good chances from Kuyt) but I still wonder where the chances are going to come from in the first place given our lack of creativity in midfield.
cuppatea

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:34 pm

jeff capes wrote:HERE WE GO AGAIN FOR ANOTHER SEASON.

ONCE AGAIN WE WILL START THE SEASON BAD AND GET NOWHERE.

LIVERPOOL IN PRE SEASON DON'T LOOK LIKE A TEAM READY TO WIN THE PREM.

THEY LOOK LIKE THE SAME DREARY CLOWNS WHO CAN'T TRAP THE BALL WITH ONE TOUCH.
THEY NEED 3 TOUCHES MINIMUM, BY THEN THEY HAVE BEEN CLOSED DOWN.

I HAd HOPED THE NEW PLAYERS WOULD BRING MORE CLASS IN TERMS OF TOUCH BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THE SAME LACK OF CONTROL WE HAVE SEEN BEFORE.

I'VE NOTICED OTHER TEAMS CAN DO THINGS WITH A BALL IN THE AIR ,WHERE AS OUR PLAYERS ARE ONLY CAPABLE OF HEADING IT IN NO PARTICULAR DIRECTION LET ALONE FIND A PRECISE PASS TO A TEAM MATE.

FOR ME LIVERPOOL ARE REALLY UGLY TO WATCH, AND LEAVE A GREY FEELING INSIDE.

THE DAYS OF EXCITING PLAYERS LIKE BARNES BRINGING US MAGIC IS GONE.

EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE TOP FOUR HAS SUCH A PLAYER YET WE HAVE BABEL WHO CAN'T SCORE.A PLAYER DRIBBLING IN THE DIRECTION OF THE GOAL BUT CAN'T SCORE, OR HE COULD PASS TO OUR STRIKERS WHO CAN'T SCORE.

WATCHING LIVERPOOL IS SUCKING THE FOOTBALL LIFE OUT OF ME.

TEN YEARS OF JUNK FOOTBALL IS TAKING ITS TOLL, I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER SEASON OF WATCHING ROBOTIC FOOTBALL.

I WANT A BIT OF FANTASY TO REVIVE MY FOOTBALLING SOUL.

RAFA BENITEZ IS A GREY MAN WITH GREY IDEAS AND CAN'T SPOT A PLAYER WITH SUNSHINE IN THEIR SOUL.

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!! ANOTHER BELLEND WHO ONLY COMES ON HERE AFTER A LOSS!!!!

2 YEARS OF C*CKSUCKERS LIKE YOU CHATTING SH*T HAS TAKEN IT'S TOLL!

JEFF CAPES HAS NO GREY MATTER BETWEEN HIS EARS. HE'S TOO BUSY LOOKING FOR SUNSHINE AND FARTS.

C*nt.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:35 pm

Anfield rapper wrote:Oh no it gets worse Man U just beat Guangzhou Pharmaceuticals 3-0. :p  :D

That means they'll win the League we should just give up.  :D

you jest but you may have noticed Nani getting one of the goals, why has he been able to settle in so easily when our big money youngster looks rubbish??

Jeez I'm depressed about the forthcoming season already. I want to win dammit what's wrong with that??? And if we can play some exciting football at the same tiem then all the better. Why are our strikers unable to finish, what is the deal with that, do we have a striker coach, if not then maybe we need one, and I don't mean Rush ;-)

I knwo this match wasn't high profile but ina way it was because the whole of the far east watched their beloved Liverpool loose, and that isn't cool!!
heimdall

Postby jeff capes » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:36 pm

all i'm saying is i can't see the improvement in the team after all that money spent.

i have a mate who is a liverpool fan who is super optimistic we will win the league.

17 long years later and he's still optimistic and seem not to remember the other seasons gone by.

17 years is a long time getting your hopes up then seeing them dashed.

its taking its toll on me.

i've no time for benitez using liverpool as a learning proccess for when he moves to madrid.

to me he seems like a guy desperate to spend as much money as possible just for the sake of it, rather than find true gems at the start of their career for nothing.

his spanish agenda seems more important than liverpool.
it seem making a statement about la liga and spain is his top priority rather than getting liverpool to the top.

my memory is not too good but can somebody tell me the last spanish player to become world player of the year, in the last ten years....oh sorry my memory is back.

since 1991 when the award started there has never been a spanish world player of the year.
so what point rafa is trying to make is beyond me.

the big hitters in spain are mainly south americans.

i want people that could in the future become world player of the year or you could argue they are the best player in the world.

henry never won world player but you could put a strong argument forward for him.

theres nobody at liverpool who the world thinks is the best player in the world, even stevie has not quite reached that level even though he has the talent to do it.

the only player in liverpool history to win a similar award is owen in 2001 as european player of the year,
and he strangely did not even win the club player of the year, i think that went to gary mccallister.....i wonder why owen left with such love for him at liverpool
jeff capes

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:37 pm

heimdall wrote:
dawson99 wrote:do poeple really think liverpool were giving 100%?

they were off on hols, bonding, getting to know each other and gain some more followers in a =nother country.

it was a nothing game where the players were just building on fitness!!!!

seriously, if you lot are like this after a nothing game like this, feck off to another site!

:no

No why don't you p1ss off and support some team with no ambition, I want us to win EVERY single time we play, no soft matches, no friendlies, win win win all the bloody time. That is the attitude I expect and demand

How dare you suggest we go away what gives you that right??

Is it premature ejaculation or impotence mate?

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:37 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
jeff capes wrote:HERE WE GO AGAIN FOR ANOTHER SEASON.

ONCE AGAIN WE WILL START THE SEASON BAD AND GET NOWHERE.

LIVERPOOL IN PRE SEASON DON'T LOOK LIKE A TEAM READY TO WIN THE PREM.

THEY LOOK LIKE THE SAME DREARY CLOWNS WHO CAN'T TRAP THE BALL WITH ONE TOUCH.
THEY NEED 3 TOUCHES MINIMUM, BY THEN THEY HAVE BEEN CLOSED DOWN.

I HAd HOPED THE NEW PLAYERS WOULD BRING MORE CLASS IN TERMS OF TOUCH BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THE SAME LACK OF CONTROL WE HAVE SEEN BEFORE.

I'VE NOTICED OTHER TEAMS CAN DO THINGS WITH A BALL IN THE AIR ,WHERE AS OUR PLAYERS ARE ONLY CAPABLE OF HEADING IT IN NO PARTICULAR DIRECTION LET ALONE FIND A PRECISE PASS TO A TEAM MATE.

FOR ME LIVERPOOL ARE REALLY UGLY TO WATCH, AND LEAVE A GREY FEELING INSIDE.

THE DAYS OF EXCITING PLAYERS LIKE BARNES BRINGING US MAGIC IS GONE.

EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE TOP FOUR HAS SUCH A PLAYER YET WE HAVE BABEL WHO CAN'T SCORE.A PLAYER DRIBBLING IN THE DIRECTION OF THE GOAL BUT CAN'T SCORE, OR HE COULD PASS TO OUR STRIKERS WHO CAN'T SCORE.

WATCHING LIVERPOOL IS SUCKING THE FOOTBALL LIFE OUT OF ME.

TEN YEARS OF JUNK FOOTBALL IS TAKING ITS TOLL, I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER SEASON OF WATCHING ROBOTIC FOOTBALL.

I WANT A BIT OF FANTASY TO REVIVE MY FOOTBALLING SOUL.

RAFA BENITEZ IS A GREY MAN WITH GREY IDEAS AND CAN'T SPOT A PLAYER WITH SUNSHINE IN THEIR SOUL.

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!! ANOTHER BELLEND WHO ONLY COMES ON HERE AFTER A LOSS!!!!

2 YEARS OF C*CKSUCKERS LIKE YOU CHATTING SH*T HAS TAKEN IT'S TOLL!

JEFF CAPES HAS NO GREY MATTER BETWEEN HIS EARS. HE'S TOO BUSY LOOKING FOR SUNSHINE AND FARTS.

C*nt.

and there you go again Lando being rude to everybody who doesn't agree with you.

I missed all this, thank god the season is nearly back  :D  :D  :D
heimdall

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:44 pm

lando gets smiles and i get yelled at?

heimdell, you're weird :blues:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:44 pm

dont worry heimdall, not everyone on the board is happy clappy at everything we do, some people do get annoyed by some performances.

i agree that we should aim to win every game and we did aim to win today, the problem lays with rafas insistence on playing kuyt i think, the guy is not a goalscorer and never will be, rafa has promised attacking football next season and if kuyt is played then we know that wont be the case, lets hope torres and crouch are first choice and kuyt is left warming the bench, he works hard but so would i if i was wearing the shirt, hard work doesnt make you a good player.

anyway mate, have your rant, its your perogative, say what you want to say and don't be bullied, its just different opinions about things, the same people were making excuses throughout last season and we ended up with nothing, it will be the same next season, they will blame tiredness, new players etc etc etc.

lets home we start winning next season so we dont have to listen to excuses
112-1077774096

Postby matrix » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:45 pm

i thought that was a friendly game...  ??? 

no one told me the premiership had started...  :p   

hold yer horses people,  its still pre season ffs...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:47 pm

dawson99 wrote:lando gets smiles and i get yelled at?

heimdell, you're weird :blues:

Damn straight, not happy with Lando either but what's the point yelling at him, he's already worried about his performance judging by the previous post.
I just meant I missed these ding dong arguments, everyone was kind of agreeing during the silly season.
heimdall

Postby shades » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:48 pm

I agree with you peewee. kuyt shouldn't start games! I'm sick of his missed chances. He runs all day but gets nothing. It being a preseason friendly shouldn't be an excuse for losing. It would be nice to keep confidence up by winning the first trophy of the season even though it's not significant to some.
shades

Postby heimdall » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:52 pm

peewee wrote:dont worry heimdall, not everyone on the board is happy clappy at everything we do, some people do get annoyed by some performances.

i agree that we should aim to win every game and we did aim to win today, the problem lays with rafas insistence on playing kuyt i think, the guy is not a goalscorer and never will be, rafa has promised attacking football next season and if kuyt is played then we know that wont be the case, lets hope torres and crouch are first choice and kuyt is left warming the bench, he works hard but so would i if i was wearing the shirt, hard work doesnt make you a good player.

anyway mate, have your rant, its your perogative, say what you want to say and don't be bullied, its just different opinions about things, the same people were making excuses throughout last season and we ended up with nothing, it will be the same next season, they will blame tiredness, new players etc etc etc.

Cheers mate.

I do think we'll be better this season, I just really HATE loosing, especially when we don't try hard enough, there's no excuse for that.

I wonder if Rafa will be wondering around Hong Kong til the small hours wondering where he screwed up this time  :p
The answer would be simple, don't play Kuyt, why didn't Voronin or Crouch play, oh yeah I get it, they may have scored and that wouldn't do now would it. I just don't get Rafa, I'm trying though, I'm trying ral hard to be behind Rafa this season but he'd better deliver something, and right from the start.
heimdall

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:58 pm

jeff capes wrote:all i'm saying is i can't see the improvement in the team after all that money spent.

i have a mate who is a liverpool fan who is super optimistic we will win the league.

17 long years later and he's still optimistic and seem not to remember the other seasons gone by.

17 years is a long time getting your hopes up then seeing them dashed.

its taking its toll on me.

i've no time for benitez using liverpool as a learning proccess for when he moves to madrid.

to me he seems like a guy desperate to spend as much money as possible just for the sake of it, rather than find true gems at the start of their career for nothing.

his spanish agenda seems more important than liverpool.
it seem making a statement about la liga and spain is his top priority rather than getting liverpool to the top.

my memory is not too good but can somebody tell me the last spanish player to become world player of the year, in the last ten years....oh sorry my memory is back.

since 1991 when the award started there has never been a spanish world player of the year.
so what point rafa is trying to make is beyond me.

the big hitters in spain are mainly south americans.

i want people that could in the future become world player of the year or you could argue they are the best player in the world.

henry never won world player but you could put a strong argument forward for him.

theres nobody at liverpool who the world thinks is the best player in the world, even stevie has not quite reached that level even though he has the talent to do it.

the only player in liverpool history to win a similar award is owen in 2001 as european player of the year,
and he strangely did not even win the club player of the year, i think that went to gary mccallister.....i wonder why owen left with such love for him at liverpool

Why don't you stop talking f*cking b*llocks, you uneducated, clueless tw*tting c*nt?

You obviously dislike Rafa due to the little man leaving while Rafa was incharge. Did the big, bad nasty Spanish man take your Mickey-wickey away?  :sniffle  Awww - nevermind - I'm sure Newcastle will welcome another "fan".

You imbecile. You talk like the club should win FOR YOU! WHat about the rest of us, you self-centred, deluded pr*ck? Do you think no-one else supports LFC? Knobhead.

Rafa "using us as a learning process for Madrid"? Didn't he f*cking turn them down then? You retard. :no

"Spend as much money as possible just for the sake of it"? You stupid boy - he's spent a net of £19.8m this summer - less than ONE of the scum's signings.

Who was the last Englishman to win it, dickhead? How about German, or even Dutch? Argentine? What about f*cking African?

In the last 10 years, the winners have come from Brazil (Ronaldo '97, '02), (Rivaldo, '99), (Ronaldinho, '04, '05) France (well, Algeria) (Zidane, '98, '00, '03), Portugal (Figo, '01) and Italy (Cannavaro, '06.)
I suppose we can't sign anyone from any other countries then?

You know? I can do with idiots when they're funny, but you are like, in forum terms, a p*ss stain on a favoured white jumper.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:00 pm

technically it was not a friendly, it was the championship of a meaningless tournament, because if they were friendlies than torres would have played on tuesday.
JoeTerp

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:02 pm

peewee wrote:dont worry heimdall, not everyone on the board is happy clappy at everything we do, some people do get annoyed by some performances.

Yes, Heimdall - don't listen to the nasty man...  ???

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion