LIVERPOOL VS PORTSMOUTH - in game/post match reaction

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jeff capes » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:09 pm

HERE WE GO AGAIN FOR ANOTHER SEASON.

ONCE AGAIN WE WILL START THE SEASON BAD AND GET NOWHERE.

LIVERPOOL IN PRE SEASON DON'T LOOK LIKE A TEAM READY TO WIN THE PREM.

THEY LOOK LIKE THE SAME DREARY CLOWNS WHO CAN'T TRAP THE BALL WITH ONE TOUCH.
THEY NEED 3 TOUCHES MINIMUM, BY THEN THEY HAVE BEEN CLOSED DOWN.

I HAd HOPED THE NEW PLAYERS WOULD BRING MORE CLASS IN TERMS OF TOUCH BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THE SAME LACK OF CONTROL WE HAVE SEEN BEFORE.

I'VE NOTICED OTHER TEAMS CAN DO THINGS WITH A BALL IN THE AIR ,WHERE AS OUR PLAYERS ARE ONLY CAPABLE OF HEADING IT IN NO PARTICULAR DIRECTION LET ALONE FIND A PRECISE PASS TO A TEAM MATE.

FOR ME LIVERPOOL ARE REALLY UGLY TO WATCH, AND LEAVE A GREY FEELING INSIDE.

THE DAYS OF EXCITING PLAYERS LIKE BARNES BRINGING US MAGIC IS GONE.

EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE TOP FOUR HAS SUCH A PLAYER YET WE HAVE BABEL WHO CAN'T SCORE.A PLAYER DRIBBLING IN THE DIRECTION OF THE GOAL BUT CAN'T SCORE, OR HE COULD PASS TO OUR STRIKERS WHO CAN'T SCORE.

WATCHING LIVERPOOL IS SUCKING THE FOOTBALL LIFE OUT OF ME.

TEN YEARS OF JUNK FOOTBALL IS TAKING ITS TOLL, I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER SEASON OF WATCHING ROBOTIC FOOTBALL.

I WANT A BIT OF FANTASY TO REVIVE MY FOOTBALLING SOUL.

RAFA BENITEZ IS A GREY MAN WITH GREY IDEAS AND CAN'T SPOT A PLAYER WITH SUNSHINE IN THEIR SOUL.
jeff capes

Postby GRIMM599 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:12 pm

caps lock ftw!
GRIMM599

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:13 pm

jeff capes wrote:HERE WE GO AGAIN FOR ANOTHER SEASON.

I HAd HOPED THE NEW PLAYERS WOULD BRING MORE CLASS IN TERMS OF TOUCH BUT IT LOOKS LIKE THE SAME LACK OF CONTROL WE HAVE SEEN BEFORE.

I'VE NOTICED OTHER TEAMS CAN DO THINGS WITH A BALL IN THE AIR ,WHERE AS OUR PLAYERS ARE ONLY CAPABLE OF HEADING IT IN NO PARTICULAR DIRECTION LET ALONE FIND A PRECISE PASS TO A TEAM MATE.

EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE TOP FOUR HAS SUCH A PLAYER YET WE HAVE BABEL WHO CAN'T SCORE.A PLAYER DRIBBLING IN THE DIRECTION OF THE GOAL BUT CAN'T SCORE, OR HE COULD PASS TO OUR STRIKERS WHO CAN'T SCORE.

TEN YEARS OF JUNK FOOTBALL IS TAKING ITS TOLL, I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER SEASON OF WATCHING ROBOTIC FOOTBALL.

RAFA BENITEZ IS A GREY MAN WITH GREY IDEAS AND CAN'T SPOT A PLAYER WITH SUNSHINE IN THEIR SOUL.

it was a fricking friendly!!!!

wums or just eejits!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:14 pm

dawson99 wrote:
jeff capes wrote:HERE WE GO AGAIN FOR ANOTHER SEASON.

it was a fricking friendly!!!!

wums or just eejits!

Just wankers
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:16 pm

do poeple really think liverpool were giving 100%?

they were off on hols, bonding, getting to know each other and gain some more followers in a =nother country.

it was a nothing game where the players were just building on fitness!!!!

seriously, if you lot are like this after a nothing game like this, feck off to another site!

:no
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lou93 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:18 pm

Wow. After one loss in our pre-season friendlys and some people are going crazy. So what if we lost to Portsmouth, it doesn't matter, it's practice. I think it's good that they lost it may have an effect on the players to make them more hungry and determined for the title and I think they will learn from the mistakes and come out at Villa Park raring to go  :)
lou93

Postby heimdall » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:21 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Anfield rapper wrote:
heimdall wrote:Didn't Parry say it was important to win these tournaments, if so well done again Rafa for playing a :censored: team, I wish he'd start thinking of the fans instead of his own agenda, it was the same with the cup defeats to Arsenal last season.

Loosing to Pompey I mean seriously WTF!!! We are going to get so much :censored: from Manure fans now!!!   :veryangry  :veryangry  :veryangry

Are you kidding?  :)

No I'm getting really p1ssed off with how often Rafa does this. We should have won this tournament to boost out rep in the far east, instead rafa has blown it again by playing a weakened team. The owners are not going to be happy.

Are you a div or something?

Do you really think this tournament has anything to do with improving our reputation as a footballing side???

Of course it isn't you plant pot. We go to the far east as a money making exercise. The Chinese love English football, especially Man Utd and Liverpool. We go there to make money - that's all.

yes I want us to win therefore I'm a div, good logic there. Why is it some people on this forum can't have a debate without namecalling!

Anyway I've calmed down a bit now but I'm still bloody annoyed. If we win these tournaments it boosts our rep more than if we loose that is fairly obvious, and we would have won this if we'd played out best team! Loosing to pompey is a joke.
heimdall

Postby Forever_Red » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:21 pm

do poeple really think liverpool were giving 100%?

they were off on hols, bonding, getting to know each other and gain some more followers in a =nother country.

seriously, if you lot are like this after a nothing game like this, feck off to another site!

:bowdown
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby Anfield rapper » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:24 pm

I think some people need to get this in perspective. This was a business trip. You get through the games without anyone getting injured and you've done well. As for the game we didn't play our first team but we still dominated virtually the entire match. Then we lost by one penalty to a team who's keeper had a blinder of a game and kept them in it. If we had won on penalties would it have made a huge amount of difference? No. Save all this b*ll*cks for the start of the season ffs.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:24 pm

The result doesnt really matter.  I still think we need a couple more players though.
puroresu

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:24 pm

Haven't seen the game yet but lets be fair, they're playing in a meaningless competition were the only thing that matters is building up fitness for the big kick off. Reading too much into these games is just pointless as they won't be going all out to win and risk picking up injuries.

Start worrying if they are doing this once the season kicks off, as usual though I suspect we'll see a step up in quality and committment.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:28 pm

dawson99 wrote:do poeple really think liverpool were giving 100%?

:no

No why don't you p1ss off and support some team with no ambition, I want us to win EVERY single time we play, no soft matches, no friendlies, win win win all the bloody time. That is the attitude I expect and demand

How dare you suggest we go away what gives you that right??
heimdall

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:29 pm

Did Lucas do anything of significance? did he look like he should be getting some first team minuets this season?
JoeTerp

Postby GRIMM599 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:30 pm

i agree that its only a friendly ect and thats why im not :censored: off...just a bit mift. but to defend some of the others, what if we see the same team that played today vs.... wigan or derby and we come away with a draw or loss...

I hope your right and this makes the hungry and raring to go... the burning desire to win. GWAN THE REDS!!!

YNWA!!!
GRIMM599

Postby Anfield rapper » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:30 pm

Oh no it gets worse Man U just beat Guangzhou Pharmaceuticals 3-0. :p  :D

That means they'll win the League we should just give up.  :D
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion