LIVERPOOL VS PORTSMOUTH - A chance to catch up

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby coddy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:52 pm

A decent chance of catching up a few more places.

Another mid-week game   :angry:
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:34 pm

Don't wanna see 5-3-2 or 3-2-2-1-2 (depend on how u look at it) formation in the near future. We only look good when we play 4-4-2 with wingers. Today's match had no width at all and we won because of Stevie G...simple as that.

This would be my team.... Pennant and crouch to come in later in the game.

Reina
   Finnan    Carra   Agger   Riise
   Bellamy   Gerrard    Zenden  Garcia
              Kujt
                          Fowler
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kop11 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:29 pm

this will be an intersting game! as are players have played so much latly! but anyway i still expect a win at home this will hugly improve are league possision!! :D thank god
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby Leonidas08 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:56 am

Don't underestimate pompy, they can be a surprise, but i believe we can take the 3 points from them at home.
Leonidas08

Postby coddy » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:40 am

I'd ditto the Rocks formation, probably the best we have at the moment.

I hope Rafa sees the importance of this game and plays a full strength squad. Underestimating Portsmouth will be of detriment to us today. A lot of teams have this season and thats why Pompey are doing very well this season.

I'm hoping for a 2-0 win, Gerrard and Kuyt to score.
Last edited by coddy on Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:31 pm

Hopefully a win. ill go for 2-0. Not trying to second guess other teams results but theres a possobility of 3rd place isnt there ?

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:39 pm

I'm geniunely worried about this game. Not because Pompey are super duper fantastic team or the fact that they've just lost today and will be surely trying to get something from us, but because our midfield.

Captain Marvel is unstoppable but Zenden isn't, and his poor ball rotation and distribution is going to cost us. Mendes will have a field day with him and Rednkapp has always made things difficult for us at Anfield.

Wouldn't be surprised if it ended in a draw.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:42 pm

The_Rock wrote:Don't wanna see 5-3-2 or 3-2-2-1-2 (depend on how u look at it) formation in the near future. We only look good when we play 4-4-2 with wingers. Today's match had no width at all and we won because of Stevie G...simple as that.

This would be my team.... Pennant and crouch to come in later in the game.

Reina
   Finnan    Carra   Agger   Riise
   Bellamy   Gerrard    Zenden  Garcia
              Kujt
                          Fowler

Don't think wingers would have made much of a difference against City to be honest.  City played very deep and their nominal 3-5-2 was, in fact, a 5-3-2 for most of the game.  There wasn't much space to play in period and some clever runs through the middle (helped by some crucial errors from them) were always going to be our best chance at goals.

Having said that, Pennant seems healthy enough to play on Wednesday so we can, indeed, revert to a 4-4-2.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:44 pm

A.B. wrote:I'm geniunely worried about this game. Not because Pompey are super duper fantastic team or the fact that they've just lost today and will be surely trying to get something from us, but because our midfield.

Captain Marvel is unstoppable but Zenden isn't, and his poor ball rotation and distribution is going to cost us. Mendes will have a field day with him and Rednkapp has always made things difficult for us at Anfield.

Out of curiosity, anyone know if Pompey are heading back south after this trip to Newcastle or coming straight to Anfield?  If it's the former, they'll have traveled quite a bit of distance in less than a week, which should work in our favour.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:49 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
A.B. wrote:I'm geniunely worried about this game. Not because Pompey are super duper fantastic team or the fact that they've just lost today and will be surely trying to get something from us, but because our midfield.

Out of curiosity, anyone know if Pompey are heading back south after this trip to Newcastle or coming straight to Anfield?  If it's the former, they'll have traveled quite a bit of distance in less than a week, which should work in our favour.

Have no clue mate.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:52 pm

A.B. wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Have no clue mate.

They fly home tonight and fly into liverpool wed morning.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:24 pm

we'll win the game.

watched pompey today at newcastle and they were awful. the fact that they're fourth just sums up how average the premiership is this season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mattylfc » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:29 am

Main problem will be trying to score past superman (Jamo), what a hair-style! He was absolutely quality against Newcastle on sunday, some world class saves.  Should be no problem beating them really.

Would revert to 4-4-2 for this one as Pennant seems fit,

Reina

finnan      JC      Agger       Riise

Pennant     Gerrard    Zenden     Garcia

Crouch     Kuyt

I would be tempted to rest Kuyt though, i really do think he looks a bit tired at the moment.  Not something i would like to do, especially at home but maybe he needs a break.
mattylfc

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:58 am

If Pompey play like they did against Newcastle yesterday I expect to tonk them good and proper someones due a real tonking from us, and Ive got a feelin its going to be on wednesday night, lets hope James has a sh.it game, and we can start getting that minus goal difference looking a bit more respectable.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:03 am

Is that bloke seriously suggesting we play Garcia ? The man is muck....couldn't kick snow off a rope.....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion