LIVERPOOL vs PORTO - CL 28/11/07 must win game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:44 pm

Big Niall wrote:SG was poor,

yeah apart from the goal and two assists he did f#ck all.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:45 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
club_Levis wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:WTF is Benayoun like ? Muppet....Forget the two goals against Besiktas. The muppet did nothing last night. Reminds me of one Robbie Keane whining and moaning at the ref when someone takes the ball off him, or when they sneeze on him....He ain't LFC quality.

Shocking post. :no

Agreed. It wasnt Benayouns best performance in a red shirt, but no way did he play like a muppet.

Rubbish !
Benayoun was muck - misplaced passes, pushed off the ball, fancy tricks only HE was tuned in to...I could go on and on...
I don't rate him. Not enough application. Gave up too easily.

Which game were you watching?

First half Benayoun was the most solid player for Liverpool ,he controlled the ball and made some great deep passed which Torres could have converted easily ,after rafa switched him to the left side he did lose some pace and his 2nd half performance was weaker ,all an all an average display in no way close to your description of the game.

As to crouch ,i have no idea why he isn't our first and starting choice for a striker ,he is just better in front of goal then any of our the others and he also allows our midfield to join the attack ,i feel Rafa just doesn't appreciate him enough.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:57 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:20 pm

17 goals for and only one against in our last 4 games tells me we are starting to run into some decent form again, and if only Torres would learn how to finish we would have quite a few more goals :D

Torres , what a fkn player, strength, power, speed and skill, he seems to have everything a striker needs at the moment. Every time he gets the ball he looks a threat, direct running, putting defenders under pressure and creating chances for himself and those around him.

I can't understand why Crouch wasn't in from the start last night, he is easily our best striker, after Torres of course.

As for the game after a bright start and what I hoped was the vital first goal, our passing became very sloppy. Mascherano is a great player but had a poor game last night (maybe still jet lagged). To be fair he was busy enough and did produce the best cross of the match , but he missed a lot of tackles that he normally makes and was as bad as any with careless passing. The subs Kewell and Crouch made all the difference when they came on.

This was a game where the result was all important and if the final score flattered us a little...... great :D
account deleted by request

Postby Big Niall » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:24 pm

stmichael wrote:
Big Niall wrote:SG was poor,

yeah apart from the goal and two assists he did f#ck all.

A good corner kick and converting a penalty doesn't make a good game. Torres made his goal.

SG misplaced too many paces and never took control of the game.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bluewrath666 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:29 pm

God bless Liverpool FC!!

As a spaniard born in Madrid, i have been a Real supporter all my life but in the last few years i have felt closer to Liverpool than Real, cannot explain it... the atmosphere, the supporters, the chants... I got hooked after watching Liverpool lifting the European Cup in Istambul...I cried...what a night!!!

We will beat Marseille, for sure!

Cheers from Madrid.
bluewrath666

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:42 pm

I thought we did alright last night, not superb, but it was godd enough against a decent team.

The performance of Yossi seems to have spit the forum.  I thought he looked a little lightweight last night, yeah, he had a few good little runs, but wasnt consistantly on blob and went down a little too easy for me on a number of occasions.

I was disapointed by Babel (again).  Every time I leave the ground I feel he hasn't really shown why we have payed £11 million for him.  Is it coz he is really a forward?  I dunno? but he is not a winger.

I though Reina was unlucky for the goal.  You can clearly see on the TV (sky plus is a wonderful thing!) that all his weight was onhis left foot, and he just didnt have the time to shift back to the right. 

Carra was his normal composed self and Hypia looked nervous probably because of the speed in the Porto team.  He much prefers it when we are playing poorer teams who just pump it forward (like Everton).. :D

I thought Stevie G had a quiet game, but lets face it we would all rather have a quiet Gerrard than any other midfielder in the country.

Torres, what more can you say. Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class, Class,

One more thing..  Harry Kewell, please do not get injured again, he is brilliant when he is fit and can make a big impact to our Premiership race.

Job done.. I'm happy
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:45 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I was disapointed by Babel (again).  Every time I leave the ground I feel he hasn't really shown why we have payed £11 million for him.  Is it coz he is really a forward?  I dunno? but he is not a winger.

he's a striker, end of. he should be played upfront or not at all from now on. he's actually a decent finisher if you look at his goals versus derby, besiktas and newcastle.

it's blindingly obvious that he's not a winger. his crossing last night was dire.
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby burjennio » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:50 pm

Performance was average, but its great to finally have a striker that can win games at the turn of a hat, Torres really looks like something we've been missing since pre 2003 Owen, his 2nd goal was sublime, can't believe Steve wouldn't let him take the penalty (probably youtubed how shockin he was at them at Athletico :D ) but he did have Owens record in sight
burjennio

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:14 pm

stmichael wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I was disapointed by Babel (again).  Every time I leave the ground I feel he hasn't really shown why we have payed £11 million for him.  Is it coz he is really a forward?  I dunno? but he is not a winger.

he's a striker, end of. he should be played upfront or not at all from now on. he's actually a decent finisher if you look at his goals versus derby, besiktas and newcastle.

it's blindingly obvious that he's not a winger. his crossing last night was dire.

he's not a winger in a 4-4-2, but i thought he played well in a 4-3-3 when we used it this season.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:21 pm

Selection wise i think was poor choice to go with Babbel and Benayoun last night as they both dont hold there positions and provide width, only one of the two should of played with Kewell on starting on the left IMO. Why Voronin was selected was beyond me, he's a very average player and surely has to 4th choice striker.

It was a nervous and cagey peformance at times, but credit to Benitez to changing it by bringing on Kewell and Crouch, who changed the game. The team was so much more balanced when they came on, and we really played well for the last 20 mins. Another good win which keeps the winning momentum going, were also scoring plenty of goals and seem to be going from strength to strength.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BENFICA_RULES » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:24 pm

I hope the final table possitions will be:

Tuks   9
Pool    8
Frogs  8
PIGS   8

PIGS it´s the Real name for the team you play and crush last nigt

CONGRAT´S FROM A BENFICA FAN
BENFICA_RULES

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:17 pm

Put simply, if Liverpool beat Marseille in their final group game then they will definitely go through. If they lose they will definitely go out. Complications arise should Liverpool and Marseille draw. Marseille beat Liverpool at Anfield earlier in the campaign, meaning they would edge the Reds out on the basis of that result, assuming Porto beat or draw with Besiktas in the group's other match.

But if Liverpool and Marseille draw and Besiktas pull off a shock by beating Porto, the Reds would go through. In this scenario, Liverpool, Marseille and Porto would all be on eight points. Liverpool would go through with the best goal difference in the head-to-head matches between the three teams.

bbc
account deleted by request

Postby Dundalk » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:20 pm

s@int wrote:Put simply

:laugh:     :oh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby terrydixon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:27 pm

BENFICA_RULES wrote:I hope the final table possitions will be:

Tuks   9
Pool    8
Frogs  8
PIGS   8

PIGS it´s the Real name for the team you play and crush last nigt

CONGRAT´S FROM A BENFICA FAN

But with a draw were out!
`caus we lost against Marseille.

Should we play a draw, and Besiktas wins against POrto,  then  Porto and Besiktas are in the next round.

Will Porto win their game ,they and Marseille are in the next round!

So you see we had to win, otherwise we can play in the UEFA CUP final against Bayern Munich  :D
--------------------REINA----------

FINNAN-----CARRAGHER---AGGER----RIISE

PENNANT-----GERRARD------ALONSO------BABEL

------------TORRES-----------KUYT

The Team which dominates Europe!!!!!
terrydixon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion