LIVERPOOL vs PORTO - CL 28/11/07 must win game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:54 am

club_Levis wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:WTF is Benayoun like ? Muppet....Forget the two goals against Besiktas. The muppet did nothing last night. Reminds me of one Robbie Keane whining and moaning at the ref when someone takes the ball off him, or when they sneeze on him....He ain't LFC quality.

Shocking post. :no

Agreed. It wasnt Benayouns best performance in a red shirt, but no way did he play like a muppet.
66-1112520797

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:05 am

club_Levis wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:WTF is Benayoun like ? Muppet....Forget the two goals against Besiktas. The muppet did nothing last night. Reminds me of one Robbie Keane whining and moaning at the ref when someone takes the ball off him, or when they sneeze on him....He ain't LFC quality.

I actually think Robbie Keane is a very good player so if Beni has as much enthusiasm for the game as him i ll be well happy
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:12 am

Bamaga man wrote:
club_Levis wrote:

Agreed. It wasnt Benayouns best performance in a red shirt, but no way did he play like a muppet.

Rubbish !
Benayoun was muck - misplaced passes, pushed off the ball, fancy tricks only HE was tuned in to...I could go on and on...
I don't rate him. Not enough application. Gave up too easily.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:14 am

Bamaga man wrote:In the th read earlier I stated we should still win this at half time, but come 20 minutes into the second half I was having doubts. We were pretty ordinary up until Torres scored I thought, Gerrard wasnt really in the match and gave a few sloppy passes away that could of led to Porto goals, thankfully for us they never, same to with Hyypia, the sloppy pass he gave away in the first half was pretty poor.
Porto did seem to have a lot of space also on the counter, Mascha covered the grass well but we were left unexposed at times. Typical if you need the win and pushing on, the defence never really ventured any further than 15 yards outside our own box. As if we'd have played a higher line Hyypia could well of been caught out for pace, the distance between defence and midfield at times was huge for us. Usually its a lot tighter, but the midfields onus seemed mainly on helping out our forwards finding the goal needed.

For me it was Kewell who turned the game, nothing amazing but it was his run and endevour that set-up Torres for a brilliant finnish. I thought the ref throughout the game gave them a fair few decisions, and was happy to see him award us the penalty and rightly so. From then on we were home and dry, and with Crouch to netting the fourth it capped off an ordinary nights performance, with a brilliant result.

Happy days.

Could someone please explain why Rafa starts Voronin ahead of Crouch ?
Talking to another fellow LFC fan this morning, it is "allegedly" because of his off-field antics, him and his bird etc...
What's that all about or is it just a rumour ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby lio » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:15 am

Crouch waiting for Gerrard's corner.
He sure look determined and yes he got it ... and a 4th for us.

Image Image
lio

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
club_Levis wrote:

Rubbish !
Benayoun was muck - misplaced passes, pushed off the ball, fancy tricks only HE was tuned in to...I could go on and on...

Rubbish!
66-1112520797

Postby red37 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:55 am

Bamaga man wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
club_Levis wrote:

Rubbish !

Rubbish!

Fiddlesticks!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:13 am

rhythem sticks, hit me !
66-1112520797

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:27 am

I thought we played alright really , we controlled the game pretty much .They had a decent 20 mins i suppose ,but apart from that we pretty much had the game sorted. I can only remember pepe being troubled by there goal really ,(which he should have saved really) oh and the chance where there striker just knocked it passed the post,which we got away with.

Ok i thought the passing was pretty poor today and with us just playing the one holding midfielder in mascherano left our midfield abit lightwieght. Torres was class again ,apart from his two goals his attacking intent is something very refreshing to see . Most of the rest of the team did enough without being great , the defense had a few shakey moments but got away with them and sami looked a little bit shakey in particular. He's been playing so well recently that he might have been abit jaded and in need of a rest.

One last thing , no two last things. If anyone dares mention that we should sign quaresma in Jan seriously needs shooting , because he is poo balls and not good enough to lace even mark walters boots never mind anyone else.

Secondly ,and i'm deadly serious  , Rafa got his team selection and substitutions spot on , HOW CAN HE BE CRITISIZED AFTER A 4-1 VICTORY. The what if this happend or that happend or if this player had of played or that player ,we would have won his way or that way. It doesn't wash any more because this game is about getting results and we are getting them.  It really doesn't matter any more to me because my personal opinion is ,we have a better sqaud all round to be able to change players and change systems to cope with the demands of playing in 4 competitions and doing well in all of them.
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:17 pm

first of all, the fans last night were magnificent and the atmosphere was excellent

it probably sounds daft to say it after a 4-1 victory but i though we looked really edgy at times last night and the scoreline in the end completely flattered us. you could tell just how important the game was. ok up until we scored we controlled the game but this was no pub team we were up against. porto were half decent and but for a woeful finish we could easily have been 2-1 down at half time.

second half we had the majority of possession and it basically turned into a repeat of the fulham game whereby a bit of quality turned it in our favour. torres is absolute class and surely now has to start every game? i'm not just talking about his movement, i'm talking about his general awareness which was top class all night. i also thought mascherano was excellent again and should be tied up as soon as possible. the only negative for me was that babel proved once and for all that he's no winger. his final ball was woeful. either play him upfront or don't play him at all.

fair play to rafa for the substitutions aswell in terms of the timing and personnel. spot on. kewell almost looks like a new signing and should be first choice left winger now full stop. crouch when he came on once again proved that he should be starting the majority of games alongside torres. i don't care what anyone says about crouch, he's a threat and he scores goals whenever he plays.

finally, as someone who's bemoaned our woeful set pieces in the last few years, i can't believe we've scored 3 goals from corners in the last 2 games. :oh:  :D

onwards and upwards.
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:22 pm

Bamaga man wrote:hit me !

Noted.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:29 pm

There were an awful lot of nerves out there last night both on and off the bench. The look of appreciation for the fans on Raffa's face at the end should be noted by the Yanks who wouldn't have got a clap last night.

Still think Crouch should start and there were a few on the bench who should have been ahead of Yossi but the second goal gave the relaxed football that we are capable of. Marseille were unlucky last night and could have won- just hope we don't get carried away for the next one

Torres was excellent - what a player he'll turn out to be !
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:32 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:hit me !

Noted.

How sad
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:40 pm

I though Torres was the only good attacking player. Babell looks like Rafa was robbed, Voninin is a terrible player - why did Rafa start with such a poor player? benayoun not good enough for lfc, SG was poor,

The scoreline shouldn't cloud the fact that we were in trouble for most of the game.

Several players not good enough.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:43 pm

stmichael wrote:fair play to rafa for the substitutions

No way!

Rafa was stupid to start with Voninin. indefensible. Babell another :censored: player he got in, Bananyoun only a squad player standard.

Why was so much time gone before he realised Crouch needed, we all knew he should start.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion