LIVERPOOL vs PORTO - CL 28/11/07 must win game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:04 am

JoeTerp

Postby Yessicajax » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:05 am

Wow... that sounds nice:)
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:08 am

Kharhaz wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:
Yessicajax wrote:what is the this is anfield sign.?
sorry i dont know!!

It sits over the entrance tunnel where the players walk out onto the pitch.

Touching it gives a LFC player magical powers.

Bill Shankly popped it up there to unnerve the opposition and to remind them where they are !

Can you imagine when Sammy Lee played for us he would of needed a ladder to get up there :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:08 am

similar to Notre Dame:
JoeTerp

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:09 am

NANNY RED wrote:Actually got a lump in me throat tonight when the players were coming out some of them were touching the This is Anfield sign as the were going past did anyone see Rafa raise both his hands up and touch it . He really :censored: loves this club

Had similar thoughts Nanny, the guy is class, and given the time he will build a team that will dominate for years, infact with a bit of luck this season may be the start. He loves the Club, and wants the best for it.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:10 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:
Yessicajax wrote:what is the this is anfield sign.?
sorry i dont know!!

It sits over the entrance tunnel where the players walk out onto the pitch.

Touching it gives a LFC player magical powers.

Bill Shankly popped it up there to unnerve the opposition and to remind them where they are !

Can you imagine when Sammy Lee played for us he would of needed a ladder to get up there :laugh:

Poor little Sammy, my favourite Oompa Loompa !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mgabby » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:12 am

username wrote:you might be right :D

a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question, (b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question

so if we draw, we win by goal diffrence thanks to the porto match

thanks.
so i don't need to go to a math class as the newby told me ...  :D

but to be honest, i cant see the turks win at porto, so we MUST go the france thinking only about WINNING THE GAME !!!
mgabby

Postby Forever_Red » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:13 am

Actually got a lump in me throat tonight when the players were coming out some of them were touching the This is Anfield sign as the were going past did anyone see Rafa raise both his hands up and touch it . He really  loves this club

Seen that Nanny! he really does love Liverpool! :)
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby username » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:13 am

mgabby wrote:
username wrote:you might be right :D

a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question, (b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question

so if we draw, we win by goal diffrence thanks to the porto match

thanks.
so i don't need to go to a math class as the newby told me ...  :D

but to be honest, i cant see the turks win at porto, so we MUST go the france thinking only about WINNING THE GAME !!!

I couldnt see the turks beating anyone, but look what happened there  :D
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby Forever_Red » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:19 am

As long as we beat Marseille nothing else matters, only Liverpool
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby KOPMATT » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:32 am

Not the greatest performance but we were playing a very good team in good form at home. the main thing is we got the result we all wanted and really felt for RAFA in the post match interview he thanked the fans and I felt it was a most sincere thanx to the fans too plus the awkward questions given to him always the same on bloody Sky more interested in what goes on off the pitch than on it!!! Well Done Rafa you are the Gaffer and hope the yanks don't forget it too!!!

YNWA!
KOPMATT

Postby f9Torres » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:07 am

Liverpool will beat Real Madrid in 1/8.
f9Torres

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:49 am

Very, very pleased with the result.  We utterly dominated the game until we conceded and then it all went a little pear-shaped.  The nerves were jangling and nothing was quite coming off.  Then, out of nothing Torres produces the magic and pulls it out of the fire for us again.  That's ten goals now for those that like to keep tabs on the numbers and he could easily be on 15 or so by now if he'd had his shooting boots on every match.  Absolutely outstanding clutch performer.  Well made up for Crouchy as well--always love to see him on the score sheet. 

So, not a completely convincing performance all told but a gutsy one.  In the end, we were able to canter home which suggests that the quality is returning.  Roll on Sunday!

Oh, and Ivor mentioned it earlier but it bears repeating: Quaresma showed tonight why he's not good enough to play for us.  An utterly underwhelming performance, for me.  We need someone of the quality and character of Torres to come in.  Quaresma has neither on tonight's evidence.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby heimdall » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:54 am

Bad Bob wrote:Very, very pleased with the result.  We utterly dominated the game until we conceded and then it all went a little pear-shaped.  The nerves were jangling and nothing was quite coming off.  Then, out of nothing Torres produces the magic and pulls it out of the fire for us again.  That's ten goals now for those that like to keep tabs on the numbers and he could easily be on 15 or so by now if he'd had his shooting boots on every match.  Absolutely outstanding clutch performer.  Well made up for Crouchy as well--always love to see him on the score sheet. 

So, not a completely convincing performance all told but a gutsy one.  In the end, we were able to canter home which suggests that the quality is returning.  Roll on Sunday!

Oh, and Ivor mentioned it earlier but it bears repeating: Quaresma showed tonight why he's not good enough to play for us.  An utterly underwhelming performance, for me.  We need someone of the quality and character of Torres to come in.  Quaresma has neither on tonight's evidence.

Fair point about quaresmo, but it was very good for us that he wasn't on form or we'd have been in a spot of trouble I think. In the second half I thought we looked very shaky until Torres's lovely second goal. I thought it was a built selfish of Stevie to not let Torres try for a hat trick with the penalty though  :rasp

All in all I'm very happy about the result if not totally convinced with the performance.
heimdall

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:00 am

Bad Bob wrote:Very, very pleased with the result.  We utterly dominated the game until we conceded and then it all went a little pear-shaped.  The nerves were jangling and nothing was quite coming off.  Then, out of nothing Torres produces the magic and pulls it out of the fire for us again.  That's ten goals now for those that like to keep tabs on the numbers and he could easily be on 15 or so by now if he'd had his shooting boots on every match.  Absolutely outstanding clutch performer.  Well made up for Crouchy as well--always love to see him on the score sheet. 

When its us we're told that we were unconvincing, but it reminded me of many Manu performances, OK overall but with a killer punch near the end.

I was pleased with the build up play throughout the game, we threatened everytime we went forward, it was the final decision that let us down, Torres included, who could have put teamates in twice before he scored. Hyypia cannot cope with playing so many games in a row, exactly why Rafa is allegedly frustrated with the tortoise like pace of business at the Club.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion