LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE UNITED - Sun  3/5/09 1:30 pm k.o.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Festy » Fri May 01, 2009 8:51 am

Some of the quotes from a NewCastle forum: (see what they think of their chances in this game) :D

How many goalkeepers are we allowed to field? ?????

Should the stadium manager at Anfield hire a cricket scoreboard for the game against us???

You can tell I'm supremely confident.

Play the under 16's, have 4 of them sent off and accept the 3-0 forfeit.

------Krul-----Harper------Forster--------------

-Beye-Edgar-Colo-Bassong-Cacapa-Taylor--

-----------------Butt-----------------------------

---------------Martins---------------------------

My honest prediction for the match is that we'll scrape by by the skin of our teeth for somewhere between 30 and 55 minutes, then Bassong or Coloccini will give away a penalty (which they'll score). Then the glass heart of our players will shatter and Liverpool players will be queueing up in attack with the match ending somewhere on or between 2-0 and 6-0.

I just hope we mark Gerrard this time. The amount of space he had when we played them earlier in the season was a joke. It was like a parting of the waves whenever he got the ball.

Our lass watched Liverpool Arsenal with me, then the pompey game this week. When she saw who we were playing next, her face was a picture. "Are you in the same league?"

Smith would probably get sent off at some stage in the game if we put him on Gerrard. Might be worth it if the sending off is for a tackle that injures Gerrard though.

I'll see if I can pick some more. :D
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby DrPepe » Fri May 01, 2009 8:57 am

this is all sounding too easy, and every dog has his day (shearer, owen , smith, barton)

I'm even more sure now that newcastle will score the first goal.  :angry:

hope our free-scoring streak isn't about to come to an end  :lookaround
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Fri May 01, 2009 2:11 pm

Stevie has been passed fit for the game.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Fri May 01, 2009 2:13 pm

bavlondon wrote:Stevie has been passed fit for the game.

Right......6-0 now.  :D
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Owzat » Fri May 01, 2009 2:42 pm

Festy wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Stevie has been passed fit for the game.

Right......6-0 now.  :D

Some manc fan was going on about how the "(you don't have to be) Player Of The Year" had a "good spell of form about Christmas". Well Stevie G scored FIVE Premiership goals in December including two against Newcastle, Giggs has managed one Premiership goal all season!

Ronseal have withdrawn their proposed sponsorship of the Player Of The Year awards due to the awards no longer doing what it says on the tin!
Last edited by Owzat on Fri May 01, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri May 01, 2009 2:43 pm

Hope there isn't a bit of reverse psychology going on with that Newcie Fans forum....that all sounds way too pessimistic, nobody can be that downbeat about their club, esp. seeing as their saviour and so-called Messiah is at the helm....
A thought struck me the other day about maybe Duff jumping ship. I haven't seen enuff of him this year to make a call either way. He really has lost his sparkle in recent years but if they go down, perhaps he could be picked up for a song...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Madmax » Fri May 01, 2009 3:44 pm

Hoping the smash them but you never know we could get a surprise. Could be one of those matches 30 shots on target against newcastles 1 and it ends up 1-1..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri May 01, 2009 4:55 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Hope there isn't a bit of reverse psychology going on with that Newcie Fans forum....that all sounds way too pessimistic, nobody can be that downbeat about their club, esp. seeing as their saviour and so-called Messiah is at the helm....
A thought struck me the other day about maybe Duff jumping ship. I haven't seen enuff of him this year to make a call either way. He really has lost his sparkle in recent years but if they go down, perhaps he could be picked up for a song...

Duff = Duffer = Duff beer

same thing - :censored:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri May 01, 2009 4:58 pm

Judge wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Hope there isn't a bit of reverse psychology going on with that Newcie Fans forum....that all sounds way too pessimistic, nobody can be that downbeat about their club, esp. seeing as their saviour and so-called Messiah is at the helm....

Duff = Duffer = Duff beer

same thing - :censored:

That's a bit harsh, dontcha think ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Judge » Fri May 01, 2009 5:02 pm

no - he shoulda not gone to the chavs

he did have a chance to come to us then, but didnt
Last edited by Judge on Fri May 01, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri May 01, 2009 5:10 pm

What before joined Chelsea? I wasn't aware of that. He would have been good for us.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri May 01, 2009 8:26 pm

:laugh:  :laugh: Im laughin me head of here sorry i know its in the wrong place but . ive just got of the phone with me mum, an she was telling me she was in Morrisons today in Belle Vale, anyway she bought the Echo an folded it over an put in in her trolley some fella was walking past an seen the headline,30 million or something concerning the bitters , me mum said , he said can i just have a quick look at your paper girl. Anyway she give it to him to have a look at . the soft lad only thought the bitters were buying a player for 30 million. She said he got dead exited until he read it :laugh: . mind you it appears theyve just signed some deal with Kitbag worth that amount. But the bitters with a 30 million pound player :laugh: they would know what to do with him
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat May 02, 2009 12:33 am

Well hopefully against newcastle it shouldn't make an awful lot of difference which team we play. If Leon is still around perhaps someone could give him a shout and we could stick him in goal for his fourth appearance of the season here. I know he played against Stoke and we failed to win there, but as it was 0-0 you could hardly blame the goalie.

If Gerrard isn't 100% I probably wouldn't even bother playing him from the start in this one. By all accounts they're going to play 4-5-1 with Viduka on his own up front as Shearer continues with his experimentation and realisation that it isn't as easy as it looks when you haven't got Alan Hansen to talk sense sitting next to you. He would of course been far better off meeting the players on day one, pinning a team to the wall with all his best players in it and saying this is what we are going with for the rest of the season unless someone in the team plays sh!t, or someone out of it uproots trees in training or when coming on as a sub. It should have been 4-4-2 with one of his forwards asked to drop in when they haven't got the ball. It's much the simplest way to play, you can set up compact and unless you're playing against the very best you'll hold your own. Instead of that of course like many before him he's tried to be too clever, and Newcastle will go down as a result.

As for this match, in our current mode I can't see anything other than a comfortable win. Just about the only thing which could stop us is if Man Utd win at Middlesboro (which they probably will lets face it) and we get a little over desperate. I don't think that'll happen though, and I take us to romp home and improve the goal difference to the point that we know that if we finish level on points with the Mancs, you can just about take it as read that we'll be Champions.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 02, 2009 12:34 am

I watched the Newcastle Portsmouth game, actually had a couple hundred on Newcastle... but they were possibly the worst premiership team I have ever seen. Absolutely woeful, panicky and desperate in front of goal.

We need to decide the pace early, pass and move, and just play to our strentghs and I honestly can't see anything apart from 3 points
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat May 02, 2009 12:36 am

dawson99 wrote:I watched the Newcastle Portsmouth game, actually had a couple hundred on Newcastle... but they were possibly the worst premiership team I have ever seen. Absolutely woeful, panicky and desperate in front of goal.

We need to decide the pace early, pass and move, and just play to our strentghs and I honestly can't see anything apart from 3 points

Please don't put a couple of hundred of this one  :p

Must have been painful mate
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion