LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE UNITED - Sun  3/5/09 1:30 pm k.o.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Sun May 03, 2009 2:23 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Looking good, looking good. :nod  We've got plenty more goals in us today and, as long as we don't switch off at the back, we're looking for a goal difference fillup here.  Dirk, Stevie, Albert, Yossi and Xabi are all serious goal threats today.  Aurelio and Arbeloa are joining the attacks well and Masch is doing excellent work in the middle of the park.  Agger's also a real threat to stride forward and cause Newcastle problems.  As long as we keep it up (and the lads look well hungry for more) we might be looking at another rout.

I'll tell you this, though, there's no way in hell Newcastle should be relegated.  Not because their not sh!te, because they are.  No, they shouldn't go down because they are a certified 6 points for us every season. :D

really could use Stoke to take the drop :D
JoeTerp

Postby Bad Bob » Sun May 03, 2009 2:24 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Looking good, looking good. :nod  We've got plenty more goals in us today and, as long as we don't switch off at the back, we're looking for a goal difference fillup here.  Dirk, Stevie, Albert, Yossi and Xabi are all serious goal threats today.  Aurelio and Arbeloa are joining the attacks well and Masch is doing excellent work in the middle of the park.  Agger's also a real threat to stride forward and cause Newcastle problems.  As long as we keep it up (and the lads look well hungry for more) we might be looking at another rout.

I'll tell you this, though, there's no way in hell Newcastle should be relegated.  Not because their not sh!te, because they are.  No, they shouldn't go down because they are a certified 6 points for us every season. :D

Agreed.  Some teams just make us work for every little thing for the full 90 minutes.  Newcastle is not one of them.  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Wintersleep » Sun May 03, 2009 2:25 pm

Its one of those games were you feel pretty much any liverpool player could grab a goal
Wintersleep

Postby JoeTerp » Sun May 03, 2009 2:26 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

Agreed.  Some teams just make us work for every little thing for the full 90 minutes.  Newcastle is not one of them.  :D

at least Boro look likely to go down, the Riverside doesn't suit us
JoeTerp

Postby Sabre » Sun May 03, 2009 2:26 pm

Kuyt should have scored that frontar header. His previous control to Alonso's great diagonal pass was good, but in that header he should have done better. It was an easy header.

I thought this would be a tough game, because Shearer when he spoke in the TV always seemed to understand what were our weaknesses  ???
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Sun May 03, 2009 2:28 pm

Sabre wrote:I thought this would be a tough game, because Shearer when he spoke in the TV always seemed to understand what were our weaknesses  ???

Apparently his players don't  :p
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Sun May 03, 2009 2:28 pm

Sabre wrote:Kuyt should have scored that frontar header. His previous control to Alonso's great diagonal pass was good, but in that header he should have done better. It was an easy header.

I thought this would be a tough game, because Shearer when he spoke in the TV always seemed to understand what were our weaknesses  ???

:D

When you are playing a team that defends like they do it does'nt matter what your weaknesses are mate!
They are fuc'king shockingly poor all over in fact,their defence is just worse than the rest!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun May 03, 2009 2:29 pm

Sabre wrote:Kuyt should have scored that frontar header. His previous control to Alonso's great diagonal pass was good, but in that header he should have done better. It was an easy header.

Agreed...he should have buried it but he's done ever so well since.

Newcastle cleariy set up to match our formation but they are just not working hard enough to close down the ball.  They started brightly, with some good possession but they keep dropping deeper and deeper and seem unwilling to pick up anyone who collects the ball just beyond the box: Gerrard, Alonso and Agger have all had very good strikes on goal when left unmarked beyond the box.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tonyeh » Sun May 03, 2009 2:31 pm

This game could turn into a rout. Newcastle have been absolutely awful, while Liverpool have been playing a very attacking game. Aurileo and Riera have been very good on the left.

Ok the first goal was a mistake by the ref (don't see anyone complaining about ref bias this week :laugh:  ), but the second, was well taken by Kuyt. But in fairness he was given acres of room by Newcastle's incredibly poor defence.

I can see another 2 or 3 coming if things stay the way they are.
tonyeh

Postby Bad Bob » Sun May 03, 2009 2:32 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

at least Boro look likely to go down, the Riverside doesn't suit us

I hope Newcastle batter Boro next week and push them over the precipice.  St. Mike will be gutted to miss out on watching the lads in his own backyard but no one else will be crying if that lot go down.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Greavesie » Sun May 03, 2009 2:32 pm

the way they're playing they seem like they wouldnt be bothered if they went down. I reckon if they do go down it might be a whie before we see them again, half their players would leave
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Bad Bob » Sun May 03, 2009 2:33 pm

tonyeh wrote:This game could turn into a rout. Newcastle have been absolutely awful, while Liverpool have been playing a very attacking game. Aurileo and Riera have been very good on the left.

Ok the first goal was a mistake by the ref (don't see anyone complaining about ref bias this week :laugh:  ), but the second, was well taken by Kuyt. But in fairness he was given acres of room by Newcastle's incredibly poor defence.

I can see another 2 or 3 coming if things stay the way they are.

The second looked like a nice little block-off from Agger on Beye to give Kuyt a free run at the thing.  More proof that man-to-man marking doesn't work! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Greavesie » Sun May 03, 2009 2:33 pm

Brummie look like they're coming up :(

Always hate playing these, we've always drew under Rafa I believe
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Sabre » Sun May 03, 2009 2:33 pm

WTF are you on a super delayed stream or something? Why there are not comments about our goal? :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun May 03, 2009 2:34 pm

2nd half i hope we don't take our foot off the pedal till we score the 3rd to wrap it up
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion