LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE UNITED - Sun  3/5/09 1:30 pm k.o.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 02, 2009 8:07 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
dawson99 wrote:I'm on Barca so back in the money lol

you two'll do it!!!

What a match Daws it breathtaking stuff  could of been more by Barca but for Cassilas , if they play like this there gonna batter Chelsea

Madrid are injury savaged... but they should have battered chelsea last week ! Chelsea play teh worst football in CL semi final history
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Sat May 02, 2009 8:40 pm

tonyeh wrote:2 up now.

In America when you're playing a game and you say the score is 2-up, it means 2-2 haha. You got me excited for a minute.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Alex G. » Sat May 02, 2009 9:10 pm

Actually Madrid is cra.p
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sun May 03, 2009 5:00 am

Cassilas should leave madrid just like shay given , they are so W*nk !
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobinHood6969 » Sun May 03, 2009 9:17 am

Toffeehater wrote:Cassilas should leave madrid just like shay given , they are so W*nk !

:D
RobinHood6969

Postby Aussie Style » Sun May 03, 2009 9:31 am

Liverpool set to rest Torres as old boy Owen sits out crucial Anfield clash

By Joe Bernstein Last updated at 11:26 PM on 02nd May 2009

* Comments (0)
    * Add to My Stories

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez will give Newcastle United's Alan Shearer a huge boost in his battle against relegation by leaving out star striker Fernando Torres for today's critical game between the teams at Anfield.

While Shearer takes the biggest gamble of his short managerial career by selecting unsung Dane Peter Lovenkrands ahead of England striker Michael Owen, he will be heartened by the news that his struggling defenders will not have to cope with Torres.

The ?25 million Spaniard suffered a recurrence of a hamstring problem in training this week. Benitez is reluctant to risk him for a match he believes Liverpool can win anyway and is hoping that Torres will recover to play in Liverpool's final three games of the season.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby RobinHood6969 » Sun May 03, 2009 10:40 am

Aussie Style wrote:Liverpool set to rest Torres as old boy Owen sits out crucial Anfield clash

By Joe Bernstein Last updated at 11:26 PM on 02nd May 2009

* Comments (0)
    * Add to My Stories

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez will give Newcastle United's Alan Shearer a huge boost in his battle against relegation by leaving out star striker Fernando Torres for today's critical game between the teams at Anfield.

While Shearer takes the biggest gamble of his short managerial career by selecting unsung Dane Peter Lovenkrands ahead of England striker Michael Owen, he will be heartened by the news that his struggling defenders will not have to cope with Torres.

The ?25 million Spaniard suffered a recurrence of a hamstring problem in training this week. Benitez is reluctant to risk him for a match he believes Liverpool can win anyway and is hoping that Torres will recover to play in Liverpool's final three games of the season.

Hmmm..hamstring recurrence  :( ..hope he comes out of that :censored: next season
RobinHood6969

Postby Homebooby » Sun May 03, 2009 11:03 am

Good luck to us today I really hope that we can keep up the pressure till the end of the season, you'll never know what will happen.

Can't shake my gut feeling that I woke up with though that we are going to drop points today.....hoping I am massively wrong.

Up the Reds.
Homebooby

Postby NANNY RED » Sun May 03, 2009 11:42 am

Has this injury been mentioned anywhere else cause i havnt seen it .

Ngog scored 2 against these the other night if this is true about the Torres injury id play him up front
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun May 03, 2009 12:19 pm

first I've heard about Torres like ???

We should be able to do these without him but was looking forward to him bagging a few today and being reunited with Stevie
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Scottbot » Sun May 03, 2009 12:29 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Has this injury been mentioned anywhere else cause i havnt seen it .

Ngog scored 2 against these the other night if this is true about the Torres injury id play him up front

It came up on the SSN news scroller in the early hours of this morning although they haven't mentioned it since, I was pretty drunk and though i must have been mistaken till I read that piece on newsnow so there must be something in it. Fingers crossed he's ok to go. I'm worried Rafa will start with Kuyt upfront on his own as he did at St.James.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun May 03, 2009 12:30 pm

FFS his hamstring again , having so little rest during the summer has really caught up with him
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun May 03, 2009 12:32 pm

read comments  | have your say

Fernando Torres is definitely out of Liverpool’s clash with Newcastle after he did not even take the team bus.

Reports emerged in the Sunday papers that Torres may miss out with a hamstring strain, the type of which has dogged him all season.

Having scored 13 league goals in just 20 games this season, the Spaniard has been firing Liverpool’s title challenge right to the very dying embers of the season.

However, Liverpool will definitely be without Torres for the visit of Newcastle after The Reds disembarked the bus without their star striker.

Rafa Benitez will now surely be forced to start Steven Gerrard upon his return from injury as Liverpool look keep the title race going on Sunday.  :(  :(  :(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun May 03, 2009 12:35 pm

Scottbot wrote:I'm worried Rafa will start with Kuyt upfront on his own as he did at St.James.

i know, and that turned out a right disaster didn't it, scott?  :;):

i'm not as worried about torres being out of this game as i am about this hamstring that keeps flaring up, and considering he has a busy summer ahead of him.

even with kuyt, or ngog, or both up front in this one and with gerrard back in the side i can't see us not scoring.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun May 03, 2009 12:37 pm

FFS , hope its just a small knock or sore , nothing serious
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion