LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE UNITED - Sun  3/5/09 1:30 pm k.o.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 02, 2009 12:42 am

it was horrible, what was worse was trying to get out by backing barca to beat Chelsea, trust me that was more than 200!!!

lol, never actually back us anymore, its too important!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sat May 02, 2009 3:08 am

NANNY RED wrote::laugh:  :laugh: Im laughin me head of here sorry i know its in the wrong place but . ive just got of the phone with me mum, an she was telling me she was in Morrisons today in Belle Vale, anyway she bought the Echo an folded it over an put in in her trolley some fella was walking past an seen the headline,30 million or something concerning the bitters , me mum said , he said can i just have a quick look at your paper girl. Anyway she give it to him to have a look at . the soft lad only thought the bitters were buying a player for 30 million. She said he got dead exited until he read it :laugh: . mind you it appears theyve just signed some deal with Kitbag worth that amount. But the bitters with a 30 million pound player :laugh: they would know what to do with him

:D  top stuff. If you dont mind me asking how old is your mum?? You know because your quite old aswel.. Ah shyte never meant it like that but you get what i mean... 
She must be fit as a fiddle..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat May 02, 2009 5:11 am

Madmax wrote:
NANNY RED wrote::laugh:  :laugh: Im laughin me head of here sorry i know its in the wrong place but . ive just got of the phone with me mum, an she was telling me she was in Morrisons today in Belle Vale, anyway she bought the Echo an folded it over an put in in her trolley some fella was walking past an seen the headline,30 million or something concerning the bitters , me mum said , he said can i just have a quick look at your paper girl. Anyway she give it to him to have a look at . the soft lad only thought the bitters were buying a player for 30 million. She said he got dead exited until he read it :laugh: . mind you it appears theyve just signed some deal with Kitbag worth that amount. But the bitters with a 30 million pound player :laugh: they would know what to do with him

:D  top stuff. If you dont mind me asking how old is your mum?? You know because your quite old aswel.. Ah shyte never meant it like that but you get what i mean... 
She must be fit as a fiddle..

For the first two lines you're gonna be dead mate  :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat May 02, 2009 5:17 am

Reg wrote:Just like to remind you we lost 2-0 to Middlesborough.......  I cringe when I see talk of 5-0 thumpings etc.... ???

Exactly , really need to stop thinking thats its our given right to just show up and the 3 points will be ours or that we will spank them . Knowing the way the prem is going , newcastle might come into form just this game and it will be very tense
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Sat May 02, 2009 5:20 am

Alan Shearer Gets Tough & Drops Michael Owen
It's time for some difficult decisions on Tyneside as Newcastle's plight grows ever more desperate.
May 1, 2009 6:01:22 PM
EPL: Alan Shearer, Newcastle United - Chelsea (PA)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
EPL: Alan Shearer, Newcastle United - Chelsea (PA)
Newcastle United manager Alan Shearer has taken the tough decision to drop Michael Owen - his close friend
and former team-mate - from the vital Premier League match away to Liverpool on Sunday.

The Magpies are deeply embroiled in a desperate relegation battle, and Shearer is running out of time and options to save his beloved but beleaguered club from the dreaded drop.

Shearer is trying to find the elusive combination of personnel and tactics to keep the Toon afloat against the odds - and the name of Owen is not on the teamsheet pinned up at the club’s training ground, The Times has revealed.

It's a bold decision that may surprise many as Shearer has often been Owen’s staunchest supporter. The pair played together for Newcastle and England.

But notwithstanding any late withdrawals because of injury, Shearer will field a five-man midfield at Anfield, and have Australian Mark Viduka playing as a lone striker, rather than ex-Liverpool star Owen, who will probably be on the bench
as Newcastle search for precious points.

One of Shearer's first decisions on taking over from Chris Hughton last month was to bring back Owen, 29, who had been dropped. Shearer said then, “If Michael is fit, he will start.”

But in the four weeks since then, the Magpies, eighteenth in the table and three points adrift of safety, have not won a match. Nor has Owen scored. In fact he hasn't scored since January.

Fabio Capello, England's manager, is expected to be on Merseyside on Sunday to watch the game against Liverpool, and given that Owen's last game in a Three Lions shirt was as a second-half  substitute against France more than a year ago, the striker will be doubly disappointed at missing out on a chance to impress the Italian tactician.

Owen’s contract runs out at the end of this season and his boyhood heroes, Everton, are reportedly keen - although Owen has been enthusiastic about Shearer’s management.

Asked about Owen, Shearer told journalists on Friday, "If I believe he can [lead Newcastle to an Anfield win], then that will be reflected in the team on Sunday.,” he said. “If I believe that he can’t, then that’s a decision I have to make.

“But I will go in on Sunday with the team I believe will be best suited for a particular game to get us a result.”

Shearer added, “I have been mad in my time and I do not want to give away any formations or selections, but I tend to agree that, yeah, it might be mad to go there with three up front.

"Workrate-wise with Michael, there is definitely no complaint whatsoever — he’s always in the top three or four players on the pitch. If I do decide to drop one of the three strikers it will be a tough choice. Michael is still banging them in during training, but I want him scoring in games.”

Graham Lister, Goal.com
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat May 02, 2009 5:30 am

Festy wrote:
Lee J wrote:I'll take a 3-1 win too.  (Torres, Kuyt, Gerrard) :p  :cool:

I'll take a 3-1 win too.  (Lucas, Lucas, Lucas for us and Harper for them) :p

But Festy thats 4-0 to us. surely you meant Harper with an own goal?  :D but realistically, i would not be surprised if we give them a spanking going by the recent respective performances of each team however i would play it safe and say 3-0.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Toffeehater » Sat May 02, 2009 5:46 am

Harper to have a blinder just like fabainski ! Keepers always save their best for us
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Sat May 02, 2009 6:25 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Festy wrote:
Lee J wrote:I'll take a 3-1 win too.  (Torres, Kuyt, Gerrard) :p  :cool:

I'll take a 3-1 win too.  (Lucas, Lucas, Lucas for us and Harper for them) :p

But Festy thats 4-0 to us. surely you meant Harper with an own goal?  :D

No I meant Harper scoring against us. Not own goal. In the injury time, they will get desperate to keep their goal difference to minimum and Harper will come up for the corner and score.  :p

We'll still win it by 5-1  :buttrock
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Festy » Sat May 02, 2009 6:29 am

Toffeehater wrote:
Reg wrote:Just like to remind you we lost 2-0 to Middlesborough.......  I cringe when I see talk of 5-0 thumpings etc.... ???

Exactly , really need to stop thinking thats its our given right to just show up and the 3 points will be ours or that we will spank them . Knowing the way the prem is going , newcastle might come into form just this game and it will be very tense

Boro was just one off. It was away as well. I can't see us ever loosing to NewCastle 0-2 at Anfield. Not even in my dream.

I still think it's our given right to show up against NewCastle at Anfield and the 3 points will be ours and we'll spank them by at least 2 goals. :buttrock

Still feel like 4-0   :D
ImageImageImage

Festy

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat May 02, 2009 6:35 am

we have a very optimistic Festy in the house. :D imagine Shearer getting frustrated with his attack and deciding to come on himself :laugh:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Owzat » Sat May 02, 2009 8:23 am

NANNY RED wrote: :laugh:  :laugh: Im laughin me head of here sorry i know its in the wrong place but . ive just got of the phone with me mum, an she was telling me she was in Morrisons today in Belle Vale, anyway she bought the Echo an folded it over an put in in her trolley some fella was walking past an seen the headline,30 million or something concerning the bitters , me mum said , he said can i just have a quick look at your paper girl. Anyway she give it to him to have a look at . the soft lad only thought the bitters were buying a player for 30 million. She said he got dead exited until he read it :laugh: . mind you it appears theyve just signed some deal with Kitbag worth that amount. But the bitters with a 30 million pound player :laugh: they would know what to do with him

I couldn't believe they paid £15m to a BELGIAN club for Fallus, that they were linked with a £17m (?) move for Moutinho and sign injury prone strikers all the time, yet linked with Jo and they come out and say they couldn't afford him. Big club my Rs. I will laugh if smeegel goes to old twatford, they will mourn for weeks and it could screw over the mancs too as smeegel hasn't managed too many quality players before let alone signed many
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat May 02, 2009 8:39 am

NANNY RED wrote:But the bitters with a 30 million pound player :laugh: they would know what to do with him

You are not giving them enough credit Nanny, they will know exactly what to do with him...

They would sell him to Manure  :p
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Sat May 02, 2009 9:14 am

Some more from NewCastle forums : :D

The scousers are playing great football at the moment mate. I was watching them agaisnt Hull away and even though they played the whole game in second gear they still got 3 past them.

Believe it or not some betting agencies have Liverpool at 1.09 for the win

If Boro can draw or win against United

GOD HELP US!

Even if Liverpool had nothing to do with the title, theyre squad will rip us apart.

My mate that goes for the scousers is so certain that they are going to win he just put $1000 on Liverpool win at $1.25.

He messaged me and said it will be the easiest $250 he ever made.

I had a dream that I was at this match last night and we won 2-1
God knows what my drink was spiked with

I don't often dream about the football, but last night I dreamt that Owen scored in the 24th minute.  Unfortunally, I don't remember how many Liverpool scored past us.

I don't hold much hope for Sunday. Shearer cannot go with 3 up top again or we will just be torn apart throughtout the rest of the park.
ImageImageImage

Festy

Postby TheLad » Sat May 02, 2009 11:07 am

Festy wrote:Some more from NewCastle forums : :D

The scousers are playing great football at the moment mate. I was watching them agaisnt Hull away and even though they played the whole game in second gear they still got 3 past them.

Believe it or not some betting agencies have Liverpool at 1.09 for the win

If Boro can draw or win against United

GOD HELP US!

Even if Liverpool had nothing to do with the title, theyre squad will rip us apart.

My mate that goes for the scousers is so certain that they are going to win he just put $1000 on Liverpool win at $1.25.

He messaged me and said it will be the easiest $250 he ever made.

I had a dream that I was at this match last night and we won 2-1
God knows what my drink was spiked with

I don't often dream about the football, but last night I dreamt that Owen scored in the 24th minute.  Unfortunally, I don't remember how many Liverpool scored past us.

I don't hold much hope for Sunday. Shearer cannot go with 3 up top again or we will just be torn apart throughtout the rest of the park.

:D
They seem quite optimistic... let's hope we don't blow their fears away with a scrappy performance.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Sat May 02, 2009 1:14 pm

feckin shyte.. scums winning 1-0 how great is that.. its the good ol giggsy
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion