LIVERPOOL VS MIDDLESBROUGH - time to keep the run going

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby philchampionsl2005 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:38 pm

with anothe big match coming up this weekend what will Rafa pick will he go 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 hope for 4-4-2
this is my team for Middlesbrough:
                       Reina
Finnan     Carragher   Hyypia    Warnock
Kewell      Gerrard    Alonso     Riise
            Morientes   Crouch
1.cisse
2.dudek
3.sissoko
4.garica
5.troare
philchampionsl2005

Postby Dannyboy » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:41 pm

i dunno what u folks think i just really want cisse to get a real go with crouch up tops. he has been scoring and hasnt had a real go. i would be gutted if he went in Jan. so i hope 442 also but with cisse instead of nando. oh and as long as djimi isnt in.
Dannyboy

Postby Dundalk » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:49 am

no cisse dosent desreve his chance he has been bad this year
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:00 am

Id leave Stevie he's been more effective then anyone else from that side wait until we have got a right winger before moving him back to the middle
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:28 am

I would prefer SG on the right, but with Hamman out with his injured knee and Sissoko out coz he's banned and Zenden out also injured, I think SG will have to play back in the middle.

Reina
Finnan Carra Hypia  Warnock
Garcia Gerrard Alonso  Risse
                     Kewell
          Crouch 

I would think this would be the team, still keeping the midfield tight protecting the back with Kewell, Garcia and Gerrard joining up with Crouch when attacking.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Puddy Heskey » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:03 am

Oh god im sick of that 4-5-1 :censored:.you all know the 4-4-2 works a hell of a lot better for us.And what ar you all gettin on cisses back for.hes our top scorer and morientes aint got many at all.Let cisse start will crouch for a few games then youll all rue the day you said anything bad about my cisse. well go on start ruing
Puddy Heskey

Postby Puddy Heskey » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:05 am

and harry bloody kewel on.are ye all gone crazy.do any of you watch the matches.He was once a great player i will admit.But he hasnt had a decent game in 2 years.you all know im right.Dont make me take off my belt and beat you down.Kewel pah.what a lazy sach of :censored:.
Puddy Heskey

Postby JC_81 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:36 am

I can't believe 4-5-1 has even been suggested here.  Playing at home to a side we are expected to beat comfortably we have to play 4-4-2, there shouldnt even be a discussion.

Hamann should be fit to play, I can't imagine heavy bruising keeping him out.  Gerrard must stay wide right for now and Traore must be dropped.

Reina

Finnan          Carra           Hyypia             Warnock/Riise

Gerrard         Hamann       Alonso             Garcia

Crouch       Morientes
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:44 am

john craig wrote:I can't believe 4-5-1 has even been suggested here.  Playing at home to a side we are expected to beat comfortably we have to play 4-4-2, there shouldnt even be a discussion.

Hamann should be fit to play, I can't imagine heavy bruising keeping him out.  Gerrard must stay wide right for now and Traore must be dropped.

Reina

Crouch       Morientes

Totally agree with that mate and i think at this moment that is probably the strongest side we can put out.

Gerrard has been a revelation down the right and seems to find a bit more room to cause problems there.

I would hope that Pongolle would come on midway through the 2nd half, he looked sharp the other night and against lesser oppostion late in the game his pace could really cause problems.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:50 am

Ace Ventura wrote:
john craig wrote:I can't believe 4-5-1 has even been suggested here.  Playing at home to a side we are expected to beat comfortably we have to play 4-4-2, there shouldnt even be a discussion.

Reina

Crouch       Morientes

Totally agree with that mate and i think at this moment that is probably the strongest side we can put out.

Gerrard has been a revelation down the right and seems to find a bit more room to cause problems there.

I would hope that Pongolle would come on midway through the 2nd half, he looked sharp the other night and against lesser oppostion late in the game his pace could really cause problems.

That is bang-on. cos Sissoko is suspended i would definately go for that with Riise at left back as there is more of a chance he will score than Warnock. I feel that Warnock is better for when we are against more offensive minded teams.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:41 pm

boro are a bit of a bogey side for us down the years. i think we have only won 2 of the last 5 games at home against them in the premiership but i fully expect to beat them tomorrow. boro are the most inconsistent side in the league. they've not had two results the same in a row.

i'm also more confident we'll win as their main two playmakers, mendieta and downing are both still out injured. they'll probably play five across the midfield with yakubu upfront and try to knick something on the break. bernie slaven also pointed out on the local football phone-in up here last night that boro always seem to struggle against "big men upfront" such as duncan ferguson, beattie and in particular crouch, who scored three times in two games against boro last season.

i expect us to win 2-0.
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:56 pm

Dunno about him being happy but I like SG on the right, whenever he's played there we've played really well and won. :)

I'd play Kewell on the left and Riise at LB, yes you heard me right I'd start Harry 'lazy fooker' Kewell cos the lad has to be given a chance before he's sold in the Summer :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:30 pm

Boro have a good away record and our record after CL matches isn't great, another tough game imo
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:37 pm

Middlesborough were the team that brought an end to our 12-game unbeaten start to the season a few years back. They have a nasty habit of turning us over against the run of play.
I hope we batter them and get our biggest win of the season to prove once and for all we really ARE getting there.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:20 pm

I've got a bit of a bad feeling about this game for some reason. On paper we are miles better but they aren't a bad team. Everything just seems to be going really well at the moment, hope Rafa's manager of the month isn't a curse.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion