LIVERPOOL VS MIDDLESBROUGH - Saturday august 23rd 3pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby rafa09 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:10 pm

It,s about time we had some of the luck that the mange an chavski have enjoyed in prem. As for our performance, it was,nt as bad as some were posting earlier today.It was a hard working team effort to the LAST WHISTLE. And we won,3 pts in the bag,top of the league HAPPY DAYS :wwww  :wwww
rafa09

Postby bigmick » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:39 pm

Bretc wrote:YEEEESSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Yeeeeeeeeeessssssshhhhh?  :D Bret, are you a) quite drunk in this post b) actually Steve McLaren or c) actually Sean Connery  ??? (see you even get the eyebrow).

Love the thread though, the totally understandable "slash me wrists posts" followed by "thank feck for Carra" to "OH MY GOD WE'VE WON IT!!!!!!!!!!" and the "whatever I said about Gerrard I didn't mean it, he IS better than David Bentley"  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:44 pm

Why is it so often that we need to go behind before we start playing like it matters with a bit of urgency?
We will need to be  much better agaist villa but if we can get a result confidence will be high going into the game with the mancs.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aco67 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:18 pm

bavlondon wrote:Looking forward to MOTD tonight. I hope we are 1st shown tonight.

we're on 2nd

MOTD running order

Stoke v Aston Villa
Liverpool v Middlesbrough
Tottenham v Sunderland
Fulham v Arsenal
West Brom v Everton
Newcastle v Bolton
Blackburn v Hull

Match Of The Day
Beer...........
The cause of......
And solution to..........
All of lifes problems............
aco67

Postby rafa09 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:19 pm

The 19 year wait are weighing some folks down. Have faith. IN RAFA I TRUST.
rafa09

Postby Alonso14 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:57 pm

My analysis of the game:

The pitch is a carpet.
Gerrard is a hero.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:07 am

I thought we played too narrow today, players had no room to move and so most of the passing was to feet and to players standing still rather than moving.

Alonso started well but once he came under pressure the old problems seemed to surface, hurried and harried his passing suffered and he was caught out more than once in possession.

I actually thought Kuyt had a decent game, certainly a lot better than he did at Sunderland, while the less said about Benayoun's contribution the better.

Keane and Torres showed glimpses of what may come later, with a few exchanges of neat quick passes, but overall still seem someway away yet. I am a little concerned that Torres is getting too much "stick" from overly robust CB's at the moment, in part due to Keane taking up similar positions which congest the space which Torres needs to avoid the challenges.

I thought defensively we looked all at sea, both in the first half when they played like strangers, and in the second half when we looked very vulnerable down BOTH flanks. I thought the introduction of Aurelio while derided by some was a very astute move by Rafa and at the moment I would prefer the Brazilian to the Italian defensively (not often you hear that!)

A great result from a poor game in which I thought we sorely missed Masch and possibly even Lucas?

I really don't think the fullbacks playing as wingers idea is going to prove successful, and we need at least one wide player if we are going to maintain our position at the top.
account deleted by request

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:09 am

Rush Job wrote:Why is it so often that we need to go behind before we start playing like it matters with a bit of urgency?
We will need to be  much better agaist villa but if we can get a result confidence will be high going into the game with the mancs.

That happened a lot last season, especially against chelsea in the champs league at stamford bridge. The players only pull there finger out when they go behind. Its a horrible attitude to have, because as we have seen, it can be costly. The players need to have that attitude from the off and not the attitude that they can coast through so much of the match before earning there wage. They can coast through any match once they are 2 or 3-0 up and not before.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:16 am

I thought defensively we looked all at sea, both in the first half when they played like strangers

I think thats inevitable when you've played Carra with three different CB's in three games.
66-1112520797

Postby RedBlood » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:33 am

puroresu wrote:so now after 3 games are we ready to accept that there are problems with the side and the way we are playing.  Or should we keep saying "it's early dont worry".

what!!!   u saying something negative

thats not like u
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:34 am

Emerald Red wrote:It's not over yet, lads!

a true supporter

well in m8
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:18 am

RedBlood wrote:

a true supporter

well in m8

m8 = mate

u = you.

Try spelling them out lad, bl.oody playstation generation.  :no
66-1112520797

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:25 am

Emerald Red wrote:

Was I the only one to say it?  :no

Give yourself a pat on the back.
66-1112520797

Postby Number 9 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:56 am

Bamaga man wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Was I the only one to say it?  :no

Give yourself a pat on the back.

Calm down under Bam lad....M8!
Carra was as bad as anyone today...at times*No point crucifying the ballbag when its attatched to a co'ck is there now! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:02 am

What a game!  First time we have started with 6 out of 6 points under Benitez and things are looking good.  Great finish with something special from Gerrard. The look on Rafa's face was priceless, he was like "GET BACK, focus and finish this game!" and when he realises that the team are too busy celebrating to even notice what hes saying. He gives up and probably says some spanish curse words lol!
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion