LIVERPOOL VS MIDDLESBROUGH - Saturday august 23rd 3pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Number 9 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:02 pm

Ciggy wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Anyone see MON on SSN!!!! :laugh: He looked shellshocked like he didnt know what was going on.

He''ll look even worst by next week when Barry plays against them.

:laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:18 pm

Ciggy wrote:Listen shitehawks, Chelsea won the prem twice playing like this if not worst.

The mancs play cr@p loads of times but get a 1-0 win in the dying minutes.

Id rather play like this and get 3 points than have all the possession 50 shots on goal, and end up with a defeat or draw after it.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE OLE OLE  :D

Yeah good point but remember whilst they have played bad and won points they improved in other games including the big games and both beat us. If we suddenly improve against the better sides then you have a point but otherwise it doesnt mean :censored: as our record in recent times against the other top 4 sides is :censored:. Its only day 2 of the season so there is a long way to go yet.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:20 pm

Ciggy wrote:Listen shitehawks, Chelsea won the prem twice playing like this if not worst.

The mancs play cr@p loads of times but get a 1-0 win in the dying minutes.

Id rather play like this and get 3 points than have all the possession 50 shots on goal, and end up with a defeat or draw after it.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE OLE OLE  :D

Think we all would ciggs, sometimes though we just worry that we might not get the wins when we play that bad if it happens again.

Am made up we won, but seriously i think we should be wary about things, because that wont happen all the time.

Lets hope the players book there ideas from now on, and the two wins from two terrible performances are something that we will improve on.

But we are all happy, just a little cautious, thats all.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:28 pm

Well in Fulham its all over!!
Fulham 1-0 Arsenal!! :laugh:  :buttrock
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:28 pm

Its injury time now and Arsenal are still losing haha

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:29 pm

Arsenal lose 1-0.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:29 pm

Bav Liverpool have beaten Arsenal more than any other team  :;):

Wait till them manc tw@ts come to Anfield in two weeks they wont be getting their fluky 1-0 win unless Reillys the ref again.

We are going to play sh!te and beat them mark my words.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:31 pm

Ciggy wrote:Bav Liverpool have beaten Arsenal more than any other team  :;):

Wait till them manc tw@ts come to Anfield in two weeks they wont be getting their fluky 1-0 win unless Reillys the ref again.

I hope so. Same goes for Chelsea but I really want to see us beat Utd at least at home this season. Without Ronaldo and Rooney playing :censored: we have a great chance. But we cant take chances at the back like we seem to be taking.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:32 pm

Ciggy wrote:Bav Liverpool have beaten Arsenal more than any other team  :;):

i hope your right  i hate manure more than the blue shi.te...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:35 pm

When do we get to know the ref for the game against Man U?
SupitsJonF

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:07 pm

We played :censored: terrible? hmmm I must be watching a different game!... even though we didn't play them off the park I thought we improved alot from the sunderland game! we're chaining alot more passes especially in the first half and torres and keane are finding each other a bit more with passes and flicks... I thought we played pretty well in the first half... you must give credit where credit is due and that is boro is not such a shitty team that ppl made them out to be... they looked pretty solid and dangerous to me. so kuyt was useless again eh? I don't know whether i'm watching the same guy but he was involved in alot of breaking up of boro's plays, getting stuck in and involving in alot of our counter attacks... he didn't light up the game but he didn't really did anything wrong imo... it was a positive outing by kuyt for me... the one that I wasn't convinced was actually alonso... he played ok in the first half but in the second I thought he was always slow to the ball... he failed to track back boro's attacking players on alot of occasions... and what's with him and corners, for someone who can dictate a game with long passes his corner taking and set piece taking are looking really terrible...

anyway i must admit it was a fortunate win... but it was by no means a terrible display by our team... we just seem to have a bit of trouble breaking down the opponents and then boro scored against the run of play... and I thought we applied enough pressure in the end and deserved our win...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:19 pm

maguskwt wrote:We played :censored: terrible? hmmm I must be watching a different game!... even though we didn't play them off the park I thought we improved alot from the sunderland game! we're chaining alot more passes especially in the first half and torres and keane are finding each other a bit more with passes and flicks... I thought we played pretty well in the first half... you must give credit where credit is due and that is boro is not such a shitty team that ppl made them out to be... they looked pretty solid and dangerous to me. so kuyt was useless again eh? I don't know whether i'm watching the same guy but he was involved in alot of breaking up of boro's plays, getting stuck in and involving in alot of our counter attacks... he didn't light up the game but he didn't really did anything wrong imo... it was a positive outing by kuyt for me... the one that I wasn't convinced was actually alonso... he played ok in the first half but in the second I thought he was always slow to the ball... he failed to track back boro's attacking players on alot of occasions... and what's with him and corners, for someone who can dictate a game with long passes his corner taking and set piece taking are looking really terrible...

anyway i must admit it was a fortunate win... but it was by no means a terrible display by our team... we just seem to have a bit of trouble breaking down the opponents and then boro scored against the run of play... and I thought we applied enough pressure in the end and deserved our win...

Against the run of play ?

not having that mate.

A wins a win but we did not deserve it.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:29 pm

maguskwt wrote:We played :censored: terrible? hmmm I must be watching a different game!... even though we didn't play them off the park I thought we improved alot from the sunderland game! we're chaining alot more passes especially in the first half and torres and keane are finding each other a bit more with passes and flicks... I thought we played pretty well in the first half... you must give credit where credit is due and that is boro is not such a shitty team that ppl made them out to be... they looked pretty solid and dangerous to me. so kuyt was useless again eh? I don't know whether i'm watching the same guy but he was involved in alot of breaking up of boro's plays, getting stuck in and involving in alot of our counter attacks... he didn't light up the game but he didn't really did anything wrong imo... it was a positive outing by kuyt for me... the one that I wasn't convinced was actually alonso... he played ok in the first half but in the second I thought he was always slow to the ball... he failed to track back boro's attacking players on alot of occasions... and what's with him and corners, for someone who can dictate a game with long passes his corner taking and set piece taking are looking really terrible...

Spot on , its a massive improvement from our last two games , dossena looked comfortable on the ball , had nice little dribbles , keane and torres showed some good link up play but i'd still prefer the 4-2-3-1 formation . Boro were good today , they made it hard for us , closed us down well and got a huge slice of luck when they took the lead from a stunning Mido goal , which would not have come if we had masch who would have closed it down . We got our deserved equalizer and thats all we deserved , we had the chances , we did not take them . In injury time , gerrard's free kick was saved , reserve goal keeper with something to prove .

If this boro showed up against chelsea , manure or arsenal , they are as well going to give them a run for their money . Boro were good today defensively , they have some huge defenders and were very physical , also they were throwing their bodies in the way at we should have had at least a pen on 2 occasions , mike riley would have given it to his beloved Manchester united if it was the same situation.

Top of the League  :buttrock
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:48 pm

No one is debating that we played better than the Sunderland game!
We did(slightly).But the thing is it was our first game at Anfield in the League and it very nearly looked like the demons from last year were still with us.

Thank fuc'k we had luck today which is something we don't really seem to get a lot of.if Gerrard had not scored the late winner there would have been all hell breaking loose on here and the players would have been murdered!
Rightfully so as well because it seemed not one of them was trying until Boro scored.Yes it was an slight improvement and yes we are all delighted with 3 points but we need to get better and fast.
It can be difficult at the start of the season and its obvious that the team have not quite got any momentum going or gelled as a unit.
The comfort is though we have been poor and played to nowhere near our potential and still have 6 points,that usually never happens to us.Last year we were playing well and coming out of games with 1 point sometimes none!
Good signs indeed...if we beat Villa away and UTD at home in our next two games while starting to look like a team in the process maybe we can go on a roll.
The next 2 are home to Stoke and away to Everton! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:06 pm

I thought we were comfortably better than last match but still lacked that cutting edge.  The Keane-Torres partnership is showing signs of gelling but I thought both snatched at good chances today and Torres took a licking from their physical CBs.  Kuyt had his usual industry and even tested the keeper but we still need a better player wide right in a 4-4-2.  The less said about Benayoun the better, but surely we'll see Babel slot back in on the left now.  I thought Gerrard looked off the pace (but what a champ to pop up with a winner) and Alonso blew hot and cold today.  At the back, Dossena looked much better but needs to work on his crossing.  Arbeloa was poor to average, IMO, and the CBs were solid spare a few dicey moments.  Reina's great save on Tuncay was almost cancelled out by his rush of blood moment near the end, but hey ho, another 3 points to build on.  Roll on the Belgians! :blues:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion