LIVERPOOL VS MIDDLESBROUGH - 23rd feb 2008, ko 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby big al » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:52 am

The team preformance may not have been great but, Mascherano was exceptional.  He is everything I hated about Heinze.  Argentinian competitiveness, a scrapper, a fighter, an amazing engine, good ball player, breaks the other teams play up.  I will make this prediction (touch wood) That this guy will long be remember in the future as one of the all time liverpool great. I love everything about him, if he can learn to score goals then he will have everything, far more than any other current liverpool player.  A born winner. just what we needed.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am

I find it amazing even now how west ham could not find a space in there team for him. His commitment for the game is on a par with carraghers.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:14 am

Kharhaz wrote:I find it amazing even now how west ham could not find a space in there team for him. His commitment for the game is on a par with carraghers.

Because West Ham are a bunch of hillbillies who do not know what to do with a real class player.  Thank God Benitez rescued him from those loosers, before they ruined his career.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:31 am

ok perfomance by us ... we won. end of
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:32 am

big al wrote:The team preformance may not have been great but, Mascherano was exceptional.  He is everything I hated about Heinze.  Argentinian competitiveness, a scrapper, a fighter, an amazing engine, good ball player, breaks the other teams play up.  I will make this prediction (touch wood) That this guy will long be remember in the future as one of the all time liverpool great. I love everything about him, if he can learn to score goals then he will have everything, far more than any other current liverpool player.  A born winner. just what we needed.

ahem..... think a couple of years back someone said the same about a certain momo sissoko  :D
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby NiftyNeil » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:09 am

redsince2001 wrote:
big al wrote:The team preformance may not have been great but, Mascherano was exceptional.  He is everything I hated about Heinze.  Argentinian competitiveness, a scrapper, a fighter, an amazing engine, good ball player, breaks the other teams play up.  I will make this prediction (touch wood) That this guy will long be remember in the future as one of the all time liverpool great. I love everything about him, if he can learn to score goals then he will have everything, far more than any other current liverpool player.  A born winner. just what we needed.

ahem..... think a couple of years back someone said the same about a certain momo sissoko  :D

Don't knock Momo. He's still young, and I think he will go on to greater things. He had a great first season for us then got injured. His confidence just went after that.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:55 am

Agreed, i reckon with a few more seasons under his belt Momo will be a star that we will regret losing.

Well pleased with the result though not getting to carried away with it. Hopefully it will be start of a better run after a horror slump
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:16 am

Wel in some ways we were lucky to get three points, boro gifted us two soft/easy goals and maybe that was a hangover from Tuesday. Bring back rotation! :D I guess we didn't do too bad with several of our CBs unavailable, three points is three points but I just have an ongoing horrible feeling we'll drop points we shouldn't.

No worries, we'll soon be back to the bread and butter of the Champions League...................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:54 am

maguskwt wrote:
bigmick wrote:Putting aside the seemingly inevitable silliness on here these days, it was very encouraging to see rafa opt for the same team as against Milan with only the one change which was forced upon him. It won't of course have made any difference to our performance (non-rotation Rafa style would need a few games before you saw any real benefits) but it was the right way to go anyhow. I've said it before but if we were to actually "see the light" on selection processes, the squad of players is capable IMHO of achieving great things.

Anyone who disagrees with me is of course a spanner and a :censored:, spouts bile about how great the mananger is and leaves a trail of sh!t in their wake when they have gone. They don't "deserve Sam Allardyce" as manager in any way, but they are not "real or genuine" Liverpool fans because they don't agree with me.

:laugh:  :laugh:...

i guess then i'm gonna have to be a spanner and a :censored: that spouts bile... our squad is not good enough... we had to play arbeloa and hyppia at cb and kuyt as a winger?

I agree you are a spanner and a :censored: . Our squads not good enough because we had to play Arbeloa and Hyypia  :laugh:  We had one CB OUT INJURED ONE SUSPENDED, ANOTHER ONE OUT ON LOAN and one coming back after injury. Maybe you think we should have bought another couple just in case  :laugh:

We had to play Kuyt as a winger..... Why ? We have plenty of wingers. Rafa CHOSE to play Kuyt or maybe this is something else you cant understand. You seem to be having a few problems grasping things at the moment.  :laugh:
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:57 am

So we 'struggled' to a 3-2 win? Does that mean Arsenal were dire in their 2-2 with the brummies? Alot of people here won't recall how many games we used to win in the 92nd minute, how often we played poorly but took 3 points, or 2 as it was a while ago.

We have to retain some kinda sense here, and 3 points is still worth gettin regardless of performance. Sure, I'd love to see us go out and entertain for 94 minutes, score a shed full of goals and canter our way to the premiership title, but at the same time i'd also like to win the lottery, spend a passonate evenin with Carmen Electra and be able to eat pizza every day without gettin fat!

We didn't get our great history by playin remarkable football week in week out, we EARNED it thru scrapin victory when we didnt look like gettin it, rescuin a point when it wernt there and yes, there were times we were untouchable. Any1 remember the 5 goal thrashin of Forest at Anfield when they barely took a touch of the ball? Well, sorry boys and girls, that don't happen every week, and more often than not yesterdays 3 points is more representative of how football's goin. Accept we won, accept we can still improve and move on.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:14 am

s@int wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
bigmick wrote:Putting aside the seemingly inevitable silliness on here these days, it was very encouraging to see rafa opt for the same team as against Milan with only the one change which was forced upon him. It won't of course have made any difference to our performance (non-rotation Rafa style would need a few games before you saw any real benefits) but it was the right way to go anyhow. I've said it before but if we were to actually "see the light" on selection processes, the squad of players is capable IMHO of achieving great things.

Anyone who disagrees with me is of course a spanner and a :censored:, spouts bile about how great the mananger is and leaves a trail of sh!t in their wake when they have gone. They don't "deserve Sam Allardyce" as manager in any way, but they are not "real or genuine" Liverpool fans because they don't agree with me.

i guess then i'm gonna have to be a spanner and a :censored: that spouts bile... our squad is not good enough... we had to play arbeloa and hyppia at cb and kuyt as a winger?

I agree you are a spanner and a :censored: . Our squads not good enough because we had to play Arbeloa and Hyypia  :laugh:  We had one CB OUT INJURED ONE SUSPENDED, ANOTHER ONE OUT ON LOAN and one coming back after injury. Maybe you thing we should have bought another couple just in case  :laugh:

We had to play Kuyt as a winger..... Why ? We have plenty of wingers. Rafa CHOSE to play Kuyt or maybe this is something else you cant understand. You seem to be having a few problems grasping things at the moment.  :laugh:

:D the irony is that in reality it is you who seem to be having a few problems grasping things because my post was a tongue-in-cheek response to big mick's post which was itself a sarcastic remark towards emerald's post... even though I maintain that our squad IS not good enought that can be discussed in other threads (for eg. why did rafa CHOOSE to play kuyt as a winger? he took pity on him and let him play in a position where he will have more time instead of our awesome wingers? or perhaps maybe he's not too impressed with out wingers themselves? )... get a grip saint...  :rasp
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:19 am

Hey all the highlights are now up if you want to download.

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=677426#p677426
Last edited by tubby on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:31 am

maguskwt wrote:the irony is that in reality it is you who seem to be having a few problems grasping things because my post was a tongue-in-cheek response to big mick's post which was itself a sarcastic remark towards emerald's post... even though I maintain that our squad IS not good enought that can be discussed in other threads (for eg. why did rafa CHOOSE to play kuyt as a winger? he took pity on him and let him play in a position where he will have more time instead of our awesome wingers? or perhaps maybe he's not too impressed with out wingers themselves? )... get a grip saint...  :rasp

I understood exactly what your post was, more drivel. Our squads not good enough because we had to play Arbeloa and Hyypia  :laugh:  We had to play Kuyt on the wing  :laugh:

Get a clue lad
account deleted by request

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:35 am

In fairness saint we had Skrtel, Carra and Agger missing through bad timing of circumstance, we do have enough CBs we didn't have enough available. I'm not sure what's with playing Kuyt on the wing mind, rather reminiscent of Cisse and other past strikers played out of position
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:37 am

Rafa belives in "Total Football" :D
Last edited by tubby on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion