Liverpool vs Marseille CL Grp Stage 03/10 - All pre match discussion here . . . .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:21 pm

The American Beasley finished them off 3-0 in France. and Lyon are top of the league, while Marseille are almost in the relegation zone.  Would be very depressed if we lost.  I am going to try and miss the 2nd half of my peer counseling class (what a joke) so I can watch the whole thing on tele.
                Reina
Finnan   Carra   Arbeloa    Aurelio
Yossi   Gerrard  Macherano  Riise
            Torres   Crouch
Subs: Itandje, Hyypia, Momo, Babel, Kuyt, Voronin, Leto

Hyypia was exposed for lack of pace in the last European game.  With Mascherano and Riise in midfield, I can't see us giving up a goal.  I hope Stevie gets back on track, if not, maybe Yossi will create something, Torres is always going to be a threat, and maybe Aurelio can link up with Crouch on a set piece.  Would bring Babel on for Riise early if we don't score in the first half.
JoeTerp

Postby 22long rifle » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:23 pm

JoeTerp wrote:The American Beasley finished them off 3-0 in France. and Lyon are top of the league, while Marseille are almost in the relegation zone.  Would be very depressed if we lost.  I am going to try and miss the 2nd half of my peer counseling class (what a joke) so I can watch the whole thing on tele.
                Reina
            Torres   Crouch

Hyypia was exposed for lack of pace in the last European game.  With Mascherano and Riise in midfield, I can't see us giving up a goal.  I hope Stevie gets back on track, if not, maybe Yossi will create something, Torres is always going to be a threat, and maybe Aurelio can link up with Crouch on a set piece.  Would bring Babel on for Riise early if we don't score in the first half.

I am french and i don't like marseille, i suport paris saint germain, best team of france!!! PARIS SAINT GERMIN FOREVER!
22long rifle

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:37 pm

22long rifle wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:The American Beasley finished them off 3-0 in France. and Lyon are top of the league, while Marseille are almost in the relegation zone.  Would be very depressed if we lost.  I am going to try and miss the 2nd half of my peer counseling class (what a joke) so I can watch the whole thing on tele.
                Reina
            Torres   Crouch

I am french and i don't like marseille, i suport paris saint germain, best team of france!!! PARIS SAINT GERMIN FOREVER!

Why are you posting on a liverpool forum ?
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:39 pm

I'd like to see Torres link up with Crouch again for tonights game. They played well together last week in the cup and they deserve another chance. I wouldn't be surprised if Torres was rested after three straight starts - Rafa seems hellbent on wrapping the players in cotton wool at the moment.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 22long rifle » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:40 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
22long rifle wrote:
                Reina
            Torres   Crouch

because i like liverpool  :;):
22long rifle

Postby puroresu » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:46 pm

Marseille's Djibril Cisse is relishing his Anfield return and believes he is "bonded" to Liverpool fans for life.

The France striker will be back on Merseyside on Wednesay, having shared in the Reds' UEFA Champions League final win two seasons ago.

There is a doubt over Cisse's involvement after he picked up an ankle injury this week and has only been able to train for the last two days.

But he will not want to miss out and still has great memories of his time at Liverpool after completing a permanent move back to France in the summer.

He said: "Liverpool were always my number one choice to stay, but you cannot always have what you want in football.

Memories

"I have so many good memories of my time here. The Champions League final, the Super Cup and FA Cup finals, I feel bonded to this club.

"The win in Istanbul is the highlight. It was such a crazy game and a crazy night. No player could ever forget that and I imagine the fans will always remember it.

"That is what bonds us, the players and the fans who were all there that night. It is something that will stay with me forever."

But those tremendous memories will not stop him wanting to score at Anfield in this Group A clash, having scored for Marseille in their earlier victory over Besiktas.

He said: "We have not been playing well this season so it will be difficult for us against Liverpool.

"Our 2-0 win over Besiktas is the type of result that can turn a season around. Because of how we have been playing, we were not expected to win that one."

Cisse added: "That win gave us all a lift, it was more like what the fans expect from us. I scored and I want to score at Anfield.

"It does not matter if it is against your old club, my job is to score goals for whoever I play for."

Also some nice words about Rafa:

Djibril Cisse has insisted he does not feel any resentment towards Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez.

Benitez gave Cisse few opportunities to impress at Anfield before letting the Frenchman join Marseille on loan in July 2006.

He completed a permanent move to Marseille this summer and is looking forward to lining up against his former club in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday.

Cisse maintains that he departed Liverpool on good terms with Benitez, and can understand why he was not successful on Merseyside.

"I have nothing against him. We had to clear the air a few times, but we always had a courteous relationship," Cisse told France Football.

"He told me I am not his style of player, that's all. He has been very frank. I have no regrets, no hate towards him.

"Benitez is a great coach, and has proved it. Even if I didn't enter his choices I will not denigrate him. The results speak for him."
puroresu

Postby red37 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:56 pm

22long rifle wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
22long rifle wrote:
                Reina
            Torres   Crouch

:D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby puroresu » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:05 pm

red37 wrote:
22long rifle wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
22long rifle wrote:
                Reina
            Torres   Crouch

Not to mention PSG and L'om are huge rivals and have no time for each other.
puroresu

Postby 22long rifle » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:24 pm

puroresu wrote:
red37 wrote:
22long rifle wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
22long rifle wrote:
                Reina
            Torres   Crouch

Not to mention PSG and L'om are huge rivals and have no time for each other.

PSG is the best team in france!

Lyon, Marseille is a poo!

Paris fan's is the best 45 000 in the parc des princes stadium!!!!

PARIS SG FOREVER!! :bowdown
22long rifle

Postby red37 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:45 pm

OK - 22Long rifle you've made your allegiance to PSG clear. Now can you add anything to this particular thread about the game at Anfield tonight...without wishing to sound too harsh. We would much rather hear about your thoughts regarding Liverpool FC and Olympique de Marseille please.  :)

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:47 pm

red37 wrote:OK - 22Long rifle you've made your allegiance to PSG clear. Now can you add anything to this particular thread about the game at Anfield tonight...without wishing to sound too harsh. We would much rather hear about your thoughts regarding Liverpool FC and Olympique de Marseille please.  :)

There will be the odd exception but mostly the people who visit here because of our opposition are just odd. Better to ban any fans of foreign opposition, does it ever end in hugs and kisses?

Any confirmed team news for tonight? May sound contradictory but I am hoping we don't start Torres and play a decent side with a few rested for the crucial run of games that could decide our title chances (hope Rafa realises this could be a crucial period too)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 22long rifle » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:58 pm

red37 wrote:OK - 22Long rifle you've made your allegiance to PSG clear. Now can you add anything to this particular thread about the game at Anfield tonight...without wishing to sound too harsh. We would much rather hear about your thoughts regarding Liverpool FC and Olympique de Marseille please.  :)

OK :grinning:

but  marseille  should not win this evening ok?

Go liverpool!

Marseille is pathos!
22long rifle

Postby red37 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:59 pm

Not biased or anything but, good answer!  :D

Marseille will no doubt cause a few scares, but i fully expect a Liverpool victory tonight.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:52 pm

i reckon all our team need to wear these cos they look really intimidating  - lol i haven't stopped laffing at john terry all day...

Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 22long rifle » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:57 pm

red37 wrote:Not biased or anything but, good answer!  :D

Marseille will no doubt cause a few scares, but i fully expect a Liverpool victory tonight.

you make a mistake, Marseilles is a weak team, besides,  nasri(best player of marseille) does not play, Liverpool is easily going to win
22long rifle

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion