Liverpool vs Marseille CL Grp Stage 03/10 - All pre match discussion here . . . .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DAV » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:40 pm

arguments, whats their to argue about. we were :censored:, RB got it wrong once again. i just wonder, we have yanks owning the club. yanks like winners and seeing the best players. wonder what they think to RB's rotation and constent excuses. And all this fitness rubbish and rotation pays at the end of the season nonsense.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby t1ntin » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:41 pm

Well folks, I joined to voice my views on rotation - but you guys have said it all... RB needs to pick a side and stick to it - if it means we loose the likes of Crouch in Jan so be it!
You can change 1 or 2 players between games but the core of the side needs to gel. Anyway Rant over dissapointed but its not the end of the world its always better to beat frogs at home!

:veryangry
t1ntin

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:41 pm

Must admit after yet another woeful performance im not as confident as i was a few weeks back. Im all for backing the players and manager but this is what? 4 or 5 games now of poor performances?
Back to basics rafa.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:41 pm

it aggravates me so much that we play to not lose rather than play to win, its like the manager has no confidence in our players, and the lack of confidence must stem from the fact they look like strangers out there.

no cohesion, no confidence, no idea basicaly
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:41 pm

Ciggy wrote:
DAV wrote:Andy Gray not my favourite person, but he did say one thing in this game that i agree with
RB must believe that all our squad are of equal ability, thats why the rotation. If this is so then RB is nuts.

Is correct

I don't think Rafa thinks Sissoko is at the same level of Mascherano or Alonso or Gerrard to be honest.

Fact is that today's team was weaker than our standard team. This was the classic configuration that made us drop points in away games last season and the season before. If you have all your strong players then you can put a strong team every game, but if Alonso is injured and you want Mascherano 100% against Tottenham (just played 3 matches in a week) then you'll have to play a weakened team.

Today was a cráp game, which shouldn't serve the purpose of saying Rafa is núts or shíte.

I have confidence in this team, we'll win on Sunday, and we'll make it through the CL group, either as first or second.

I'm sure plenty of fans will put negative things today and it's a normal thing the game was awful.

Positives? well it's obvious now where lies the priorities this season, and Benayoun, he really made a difference in this game.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigxchris » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:41 pm

Im angry, with performances like the last two games we dont deserve to progress, shocking.

Proof if it was ever needed aswell that torres and crouch should never play together.
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:41 pm

I will be amazed if the Pro brigade say it was correct tonight.
Atrocous is the way I would decribe that performance.

Woefull, embarressing.
They havent even won a game in their past nine and who where the big shots givin it loads on here 5-0 they are sh.ite?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:42 pm

OK, player ratings.

Finnan - shyte
Carragher - shyte
Hyppia - shyte
Aurelio - shyte

Sissoko - dire
Gerrard - dire
Benayoun - poor
Leto - bollox

Crouch - hang him
Torres - had nothing

Subs:

Riise - :censored:
Voronin - headless chicken
Kuyt - ?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:42 pm

OK folks - Match Reaction thread is now open. Please offer your thoughts in there now. This is closed.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion