Liverpool vs Marseille CL Grp Stage 03/10 - All pre match discussion here . . . .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:47 pm

I've just had a stroke of Rafa-like genius. I'd put Crouchy in nets and have Pepe play up front with Torres.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Dotty » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:50 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Red Dotty wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Red Dotty wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Red Dotty wrote:be interested to see Crouch and Torres together :glare:

What like last time? Terrible combo if you ask me.

Explain why then please :)

Well, just look at the first half of this match and it explains all.

No thats poor explanation as there has been no service at all. Not the sort of reply i expected to be honest. The whole team is poor at the moment. :no

OK, then. I don't think Crouch compliments Torres at all whatsoever. He's not one to pick a killer pass, is he? He's no real pace, his workrate has been poor, and he's been falling over all to easy then doesn't get back up to track back. He relys too much on balls being pumped up to him and his heading or knockdowns are terrible. He's playing behind Torres which confounds all his good attributes.

As you should well know then all what you have just listed is not necessarily about him combining with Torres more of a confidence issue due to his lack of games. Long ball game is not his strong point as again you should well know.

If Torres is playing why would Crouch need pace he needs to keep defenders busy creating the space for Torres to run into

he is showing all the signs of lack games to me.
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:53 pm

Red Dotty wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Red Dotty wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Red Dotty wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

No thats poor explanation as there has been no service at all. Not the sort of reply i expected to be honest. The whole team is poor at the moment. :no

OK, then. I don't think Crouch compliments Torres at all whatsoever. He's not one to pick a killer pass, is he? He's no real pace, his workrate has been poor, and he's been falling over all to easy then doesn't get back up to track back. He relys too much on balls being pumped up to him and his heading or knockdowns are terrible. He's playing behind Torres which confounds all his good attributes.

As you should well know then all what you have just listed is not necessarily about him combining with Torres more of a confidence issue due to his lack of games. Long ball game is not his strong point as again you should well know.

If Torres is playing why would Crouch need pace he needs to keep defenders busy creating the space for Torres to run into

Yeah, but when Crouch was paird with Kuyt, is was usually the job of Kuyt to create the space for Crouch. I just think Crouch should play when Torres isn't. It's just a better ballance. I'd sub Crouch for either Babel or Kuyt in this second half.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:53 pm

i just think crouch is awful this season, wouldnt matter if he played with anyone in the world it wouldnt work
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lucky » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:54 pm

Riise on for Leto
Hope this change will get us better
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby Red @ Heart » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:56 pm

THIS IS A f@cking disgrace, you would think liverpool were the away team, they look like they havent played with each other all,,,, seee this is what rotation does to the team,,, its f@cking diabolical.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Dotty » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:57 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Red Dotty wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Red Dotty wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Red Dotty wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Yeah, but when Crouch was paird with Kuyt, is was usually the job of Kuyt to create the space for Crouch. I just think Crouch should play when Torres isn't. It's just a better ballance. I'd sub Crouch for either Babel or Kuyt in this second half.

Fair enough thats your opinion buddy :D
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby puroresu » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:59 pm

oOShrimpyOo wrote:theres still not enough quality in this side, arsenal will win the Prem this year because they have players who can control a ball, move and pass, rafa needs to look for the attributes wenger does, he needs to buy players with these attributes, honestly i really do have a better touch than most of our side, and i play for a sunday :censored: league side. this is no knee jerk reaction, its just what it is, poor quality.

Agree.  Our players couldnt play in a side like Arsenal as it requires the ability to control the ball quickly and pass it quickly.  To many of our players require 2 or 3 touches before they even spot a pass. Last season we complained about lack of quility, gile, imagination.  Nothing has changed.  Its too much huff & puff style football.  Is it to much to ask for some 1 and 2 touch passing.  triangles and players making space for themselves.
puroresu

Postby dawson99 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:04 pm

why is our midfield soooo deep. at home we gotta be pushing forward and forcing the play on our terms
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:05 pm

Yellow card for Carra.

I forgot I live 30Km away of the frontier with France and I can tune their TVs, watching the game now in TV :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:05 pm

Not able to watch the match (don't have ss, Sopcast down).

Are we really playiny badly?  In our last few games I thought that we had started to get things together.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:07 pm

Quite surprised to see Marseille with a line so advanced. Torres was caught off side now, but I'm sure he'll have a great chance in the next 20 mins
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Dotty » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:08 pm

oh would so take a 1-0 win know:(
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:08 pm

account deleted by request

Postby Red Dotty » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:09 pm

celtic beating Millan 1-0 great week for the scots:D