LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby joeglfc22 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:00 am

Message to BIG AL, just with the comment you said about not being able to lace Dirk Kuyt's boot's the good thing about Kuyt is he will run round the pitch all day long with no effect, which has cost Liverpool Football Club and the fan's £10 million pound of there money, never mind the £50,000 a week wages he is on, I could do more than Dirk Kuyt without the £10 million wasted and £50,000 a week.

Also the league is over for Liverpool we have not won in our 3 home game's against the top 3 and have struggled in many other's, that is simply not good enough for title contender's simple as that. We will never win the league under Benitez Great cup manager but carnt seem to do it in the league, then there's everyone saying give him time, the only thing with that is the like's of Man utd, Arsenal are not in my eye's going to get weeker in year's to come they will get stronger, they both young team's that are already doing it and money to burn, not even bringing Chelsea in to the subject.

I'm a die hard Liverpool fan always have been, but i think were all in a dream world if we think we are going to win the prem. I think we have won about 3 time's in almost 20 game's againt the top 3 int the prem [/B][U]NOT GOOD ENOUGH BENITEZ FOR A MASSIVE CLUB LIKE LIVERPOOL.

Top 3 side's played against under Benitez 21 game's Won 4, Draw 3, Lost 14 what a laugh and we are title contender' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
joeglfc22

Postby 2cute4u » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:01 am

Nobody said anything against Kuyts workrate that I can see? He is a striker, and a very very oridinary one at that. His first touch is woeful, hes slow, hes not great in the air, and his finishing is rash to say the least.
So he works hard-yehhhhhh!! standing ovation!!

Ill say it again, it wasnt a bad result today. Too many people on here think Liverpool are close to Man utd, when in reality-theyre light years in front.

They did what was needed to win today, without really needing to step it up.
2cute4u

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:03 am

heimdall wrote:
big al wrote:There is no one in a red shirt who works as hard as Kuyt he track back like no other player since Rush, yes he's not in his league as a goal scorer and he had a bad game but so did a few others.  As for Babbel its easy to see he has'nt yet adapted to the constant pace of the Priemership when he starts he fades out of games and ends up caught out of position.  Rafa is playing him on the wings to try to get him to work harder every top striker in todays game must track back young Babbel has'nt learned this yet.

Are you Dutch or something???

When did Kuyt last have a good game becuase I can't remember that far back!!

Babel is far better, is quicker has better game intelligence and I think he would link up better with Torres, Rafa could at least try it ffs.

My memory is not as bad I remember the marseille match. And isnt Babel dutch?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:04 am

redtrader74 I don't think that Kuyt is the ideal partner for Torres I could think of so many others but thing is who else has Rafa got.  Until he can let players go we need to hope they imporove.  I personally think that of the starting 11 only four are of the class required to be the best team in club football 2 could be possible and five should be sold or released at the end of their contract, That easy to say but thing is who do you replace them with.  Better players yes but that takes time, Wenger took a gamble and had a mass cull replacing the players with youngsters who are now awesome, but Wenger had won the priemership no one will give rafa that space therefore he has to stick with what he got and try to bring players through  and stick with Journey men.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby big al » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:07 am

joeglfc22 if your a die hard Liverpool fan then have faith, i don't know how old you are but I can tell you we've been further back and went on to win the title.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby joeglfc22 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:10 am

2cute4u.......Well said as i say i hate to say it but we are not the same class as man u, arsenal or even chelsea.
We are great when we have to be but then we lack when we shoudn't be. Need i say more Reading 3 Liverpool 1,
Marseille 0 Liverpool 4. What is that all about.
joeglfc22

Postby joeglfc22 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:13 am

Big AL i know by what i read from you you know your football and history, but player's like Kuyt and a few other just simply are not good enough for Liverpool, if anyone is not good ebough for laceing boot's then is more than likely that Kuyt could never lace the like's of Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres, boot's.
joeglfc22

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:17 am

bigmick wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:I've just got back from the game and am still feeling sick, those bastards mugged us again. I can't believe some of the comments on here, IMO we outplayed them, especially the second half, and certainly controlled the first half. They parked the bus infront of the goal all second half, and most sides would be hard pressed to score, they do infact have a good defence, but with another five players in the box it was always going to be very hard, and unfortunatly we are still lacking a bit of class in the final third.

That said Shrek, orc, greaseball and taffy were very well marshalled, Arbeloa is becoming top class and seems to have matured well. Their forwards hardly threatened, and imo it was because our forwards pressed them so well up front that they had to boot the ball down the pitch, instead of passing it out through their full backs. The gameplan was excellent, but the execution never came off.

Their goal was another scrappy affair, (this image they have of being as stylish as Arsenal is bollox), but we should have closed down Rooney earlier. Torres tried all game, as did Kuyt, who did his usual pressing job very well, but his anticipation is non existent, always on his heels, essentially he is meant to be a goal scorer and creator and he is succeeding at neither, i hoped he would but he is not improving, and we need a partner for Torres who IS top quality.

Mascherano was immense throughout, off the ball he blocked a lot of runs and covered lots of potential passes, we need to make sure we keep him.

We played well controlled all their 'world class names'.... they got the break.

This must be a classic case of that different perspective you get if you're at the ground rather than watching it one the box. I'm not criticising you red in any way but I didn't read the game the same way as that.

To me the first half was even but they showed better control in posession than we did. In the second half we pressed because they were happy for us to do so. I think they were pretty confident they'd pick us off on the break, and in fairness had Rooney buried his chance (actually I forgot that one, they DID make a chance) then they would have. I didn't really ever feel like we were going to score a goal, and I thought they deserved to win TBPH.

One final note which somebody at the ground might be able to clear up. What was going on at the start of the game, before kick-ff when the players had to stand around for ninety seconds before the game actually started? It seemed to me the fans were massively up, and then due to some strange circumstances and everyone standing around, the fever dropped a bit and we started a very slow? Perhaps a bit of Fergie fecking around, or a miscalculation in coming out too early but it didn't seem to do us any favours I didn't think.

Mick i have no idea what game you saw if you think that the Mancs deserved the win, maybe i will have to watch it again on telly (I'm not taking the pis s  and doing the go to games cr@p). As i remember the game they had ONE attack in the game that led to a shot (off target) from Rooney, other than the corner and speculative shot which led to the goal. We on the other hand opened them up 2-3 times in the first half, and did the same in the second half with the Gerrard, Babel and Crouch shots, along with overwhelming possesion. All this against a side which we are told continually is the 'best attacking side', with 'world class players in every position'. The very same 'world class ' players that were almost anonymous, infact Ronanldo saw so little of the ball he was dropping back into right back just to get a touch.

I don't think there are many sides that would have opened them up and won the game when they played with 7-10 men behind the ball, infact as soon as the 2nd half started they started wasting time, well done to them, they mugged us today. Maybe with an additional cutting edge up front to support Torres (and take a defender away), we'd have scored. regardless, they did not deserve the win they got, they got the break, primarily a lack of concentration on our part and won, but we didn't play badly and tactically we were spot on IMO.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby big al » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:19 am

2cute4u sorry but I disagree,  Man Utd gave Liverpool a great deal of respect today.  In the past Liverpool played counter attacking football at Anfield against Man U and Ferguson used to take delight in pointing that out.  That day is gone. Man U are a better team that Liverpool but not by much, not enough for them to think the leagues over.  As for Kuyt, you can blame him all you like and we can perhaps both agree he's not good enough to partner Torres but you and I and everyone else here is still are not good enough to lace his boots
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby redtrader74 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:19 am

IF THERE IS A MOD ON CAN THEY GET RID OF THE WUM, 2CUTE4U.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby joeglfc22 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:23 am

Does anyone in here think we will win the league this season? ?????
Would you bet your house on it? ??????
joeglfc22

Postby big al » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:24 am

I don't bet, But I think we can win the league, just the same as three other teams.
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby 2cute4u » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:27 am

redtrader74 wrote:IF THERE IS A MOD ON CAN THEY GET RID OF THE WUM, 2CUTE4U.

wot? wot are you talking about ?
wot is a wum?
Im telling it like it is...so stop crying to the mod for goodness sake.
if anyone needs getting rid of its you...how can someone get their tactics spot on and lose? Listen to yourself man!
2cute4u

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:28 am

joeglfc22 wrote:Does anyone in here think we will win the league this season? ?????
Would you bet your house on it? ??????

If it wasnt for my missus id have bet on Liverpool winning 4-0 today ! But yes I would, its not mine its the councils !  :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joeglfc22 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:28 am

Well Big al i only hope you are rite but hopefully we can have a chat on 11th of may 2008, and i hope i will regret what i have been saying. (i doubt it though)
joeglfc22

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion