LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:17 pm

bavlondon wrote:Thats not enough though Rock, we cant keep just washing over the domestic cracks with getting to the final again.

No, f*ck it.

We don't want a potty trophy like the Champions' League, do we, Bav?

F*cking Nora. :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby holylamb2006 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:18 pm

Ah well hopefully we'll get a bit of luck and start us on anther great run......... :D
holylamb2006

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:20 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
jeff capes wrote:
Dutchsky wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
jeff capes wrote:good old kuyt  running around like a mindless talentless clown lol.

we just lost to manu yet i can't help but see the funny side of playing kuyt.

benitez is clearly taking p out of us by playing this guy.

either kuyt is really that bad or there is something more serious taking place here.

i think the owners should give benitez more money to waste on guys like kuyt....in rafa we trust.

from the 1st half defensive display we will probably get to another champions league final.

but we all know if we do people will say the champions league is not as tough as the prem.

we  did better than i expected us to.
i feared we would be defensively sloppy and lose 3-1, but we were solid enough and i had no fear from manu.

i've been a harry kewell fan ,but i did not like the vibe from him.
but then again ronaldo is also very quiet when he plays liverpool so maybe i should  not take it to heart.

atleast we did not lose because the whole team was complete junk.
we lost because  kuyt could not hold the ball up.
kuyt only played because he is faster and more mobile than crouch,yet kuyt is slow.

kuyt is out of his depth at liverpool,and we have seen that benitez playing a dutch players does not actually mean he rates them. zenden played the champions league final then hours laters was no longer a liverpool player.

oh shut the :censored: up... it's bad enough we lost... it's more embarrassing that we have fans like you...

you obviously are too narrow minded and have a football knowledge that totals zero...

True.

Kuyt didnt play his best; as a few others.

Kuyt played very good in the CL. Perfect partner with Torres. He creates space and set-ups and Torres has the tor-instinct.

what does kuyt have to do for people to see he is going to be like all the other shaun dundees that have been at the club.

we got behind them and they  never came good.

kuyt is practically pulling down his shorts and pooping on the anfield pitch.

i'm getting behind these clowns.

for years i have had to put up with deluded mates convinced that smicer and biscan would come good

obviously some of the people posting here are just kids which is why i'll respond in an adult way.

No im not stalking you mr capes just let that that one straight and no im not a kid so you can talk to me in a grown up voice but you really :censored: me off and i cant let it go lad .

You say you support Liverpool am i right?

I presume your not a scouser ?

you really angered me by sayin you want us to be world famous and not some cheesy scouse team.

When did you start supporting the reds?

Have a read of the history books lad youll find out were all ready world famous

I am proud to be a scouser lad and dont you :censored: dare call me a supporter of a cheesy team

Rant over

He never started supporting us, Nanny, because he's a sad bitter tw*t in disguise.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:21 pm

jeff capes wrote:come on nanny calm down

i know you are hurting from the loss but really your anger should be aimed at the team instead of a simpleton like me who knows nothing.

quite clearly i have the logic of a 5 year old and know nothing.

the fact i told this forum yesterday we would lose in the same cheesy way we always lose counts for nothing.

i use the word cheesy quite a bit thus making me cheesy.

chill out and don't get too upset over some cheesy guy like me calling some scousers cheesy.

I wish you'd choke on some cheese, you f*cking pr*ck.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:22 pm

s@int wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:I've just got back from the game and am still feeling sick, those bastards mugged us again. I can't believe some of the comments on here, IMO we outplayed them, especially the second half, and certainly controlled the first half. They parked the bus infront of the goal all second half, and most sides would be hard pressed to score, they do infact have a good defence, but with another five players in the box it was always going to be very hard, and unfortunatly we are still lacking a bit of class in the final third.

That said Shrek, orc, greaseball and taffy were very well marshalled, Arbeloa is becoming top class and seems to have matured well. Their forwards hardly threatened, and imo it was because our forwards pressed them so well up front that they had to boot the ball down the pitch, instead of passing it out through their full backs. The gameplan was excellent, but the execution never came off.

Their goal was another scrappy affair, (this image they have of being as stylish as Arsenal is bollox), but we should have closed down Rooney earlier. Torres tried all game, as did Kuyt, who did his usual pressing job very well, but his anticipation is non existent, always on his heels, essentially he is meant to be a goal scorer and creator and he is succeeding at neither, i hoped he would but he is not improving, and we need a partner for Torres who IS top quality.

Mascherano was immense throughout, off the ball he blocked a lot of runs and covered lots of potential passes, we need to make sure we keep him.

We played well controlled all their 'world class names'.... they got the break.

Probably the best post on here since the game mate. I agree with everything you said.

Agree fully

I should stay away from the forums for about 4 hours after a match, its when the idiots stop posting and a can have a whole page of good views like this, not 1 in every 3 pages
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:27 pm

redtrader74 wrote:I've just got back from the game and am still feeling sick, those bastards mugged us again. I can't believe some of the comments on here, IMO we outplayed them, especially the second half, and certainly controlled the first half. They parked the bus infront of the goal all second half, and most sides would be hard pressed to score, they do infact have a good defence, but with another five players in the box it was always going to be very hard, and unfortunatly we are still lacking a bit of class in the final third.

That said Shrek, orc, greaseball and taffy were very well marshalled, Arbeloa is becoming top class and seems to have matured well. Their forwards hardly threatened, and imo it was because our forwards pressed them so well up front that they had to boot the ball down the pitch, instead of passing it out through their full backs. The gameplan was excellent, but the execution never came off.

Their goal was another scrappy affair, (this image they have of being as stylish as Arsenal is bollox), but we should have closed down Rooney earlier. Torres tried all game, as did Kuyt, who did his usual pressing job very well, but his anticipation is non existent, always on his heels, essentially he is meant to be a goal scorer and creator and he is succeeding at neither, i hoped he would but he is not improving, and we need a partner for Torres who IS top quality.

Mascherano was immense throughout, off the ball he blocked a lot of runs and covered lots of potential passes, we need to make sure we keep him.

We played well controlled all their 'world class names'.... they got the break.

This must be a classic case of that different perspective you get if you're at the ground rather than watching it one the box. I'm not criticising you red in any way but I didn't read the game the same way as that.

To me the first half was even but they showed better control in posession than we did. In the second half we pressed because they were happy for us to do so. I think they were pretty confident they'd pick us off on the break, and in fairness had Rooney buried his chance (actually I forgot that one, they DID make a chance) then they would have. I didn't really ever feel like we were going to score a goal, and I thought they deserved to win TBPH.

One final note which somebody at the ground might be able to clear up. What was going on at the start of the game, before kick-ff when the players had to stand around for ninety seconds before the game actually started? It seemed to me the fans were massively up, and then due to some strange circumstances and everyone standing around, the fever dropped a bit and we started a very slow? Perhaps a bit of Fergie fecking around, or a miscalculation in coming out too early but it didn't seem to do us any favours I didn't think.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:46 pm

it's the same old story against these :censored:.

they never come here with the intention of attacking. we have most of the ball, do f#ck all with it and they score from a set piece with their first shot.

our lack of creativity against well organised defences is still extremely worrying. and how the likes of kuyt and riise can get games ahead of the likes of aurelio and crouch is beyond me.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby heimdall » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:54 pm

stmichael wrote:it's the same old story against these :censored:.

they never come here with the intention of attacking. we have most of the ball, do f#ck all with it and they score from a set piece with their first shot.

our lack of creativity against well organised defences is still extremely worrying. and how the likes of kuyt and riise can get games ahead of the likes of aurelio and crouch is beyond me.

I'm sorry but I thought Riise actually had one of his better games and was certainly better than Aurelio, or Kewell, or Gerrard or Kuyt or Crouch.....
It depresses me to compare us to the other top teams like Arsenal and Man Utd because they are still so far ahead of us.
Man Utd were playing away from home but still controlled the match, I never felt like we would score in the second half.
I'm completely gutted at the moment and whilst I'm not going to launch into another sack Rafa post, I'm not exactly over the moon that we can't beat our main competition at Anfield, it's not bloody good enough!!
heimdall

Postby 2cute4u » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:25 pm

Very good game today I thought..

I think the Man u guys were much better than Liverpool..as if like they only play in 2nd gear...They scored and rested.

Can I just add..some of the :censored: spouting here is unbelieveable...Liverpool pushed the champions all the way...without being spectacular... another day, another result.. fair enough.
Liverpool are NOT better than Man u. Therefore if they can take that on board..todays result wasnt bad...I think you understand me :sleepy:
2cute4u

Postby Simari » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:47 pm

Masch did cover well, but I was surprised to see him robbed off the ball twice - and not due to bad passing, simply caught in possession and robbed.

The effort that the team put in for the first 20 odd minutes of the 2nd half was heartening. Even Kuyt and Riise lifted their performance for a while.

At the end of the day, Man U played to take a point from the fixture, but got away with 3.

Shrek missed a sitter in the 2nd half, and thank god for that - else 0-2 would be an extremely unfair result on the books.

In the first half, Kuyt actually mis-controlled the ball on 4 separate occasions when played into him, giving up possession immediately. I just don't see him adjusting to the premiership inspite of his hard work, tracking all over the field.

Kewell wasn't running much down the left flank, he seemed to stop time and time again just past the halfway line. It didn't help that Riise was off-form yet again.

The worrying part in all of this is that we still have games to play AT Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopboyau » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:49 pm

Stayed up until all hours and watched the game on TV, as I am in Australia. And yes in the second half we did have a lot of possession but unfortunately possession doesn't win you games. What Benayoun was doing on that back post when that goal went in is beyond me. United were lucky to grab that goal, Refereeing was once again suspect, How Wayne Rooney can tackle Reina and lash out at Arbeloa and receive nothing, yet Mascherano gets a card for throwing the ball into the ground. And last I looked encroaching in the wall is a yellow card offense so their little dreadlocked player should have been sent off. Ronaldo kicked the ball away, granted wasn't by far , but the whistle had blown and free kick given. And how on earth both the assitant referee and the referee missed Tevez's handball is beyond me how more blatant does it need to be ??
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolusfan » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:56 pm

Disappointing to say the least. The boys had the early chances but it never went into the back of the net.
Once United scored, everyone knew they would go into a shell and it would take something special to break them down.Unfortunately it never happened.
It's been the same story when they have difficulty scoring in games, they can't get it right in the final third of the field.
They need to find more space for Torres somehow in games like this. Maybe a three man striker formation?
Torres is the only one that has demonstrated that he can create something special if given half a chance but United were all over him in this one.
Disappointing but just like in the Champions league, maybe they can claw their way back into the race.
liverpoolusfan

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:57 pm

Kopboyau wrote:Stayed up until all hours and watched the game on TV, as I am in Australia. And yes in the second half we did have a lot of possession but unfortunately possession doesn't win you games. What Benayoun was doing on that back post when that goal went in is beyond me. United were lucky to grab that goal, Refereeing was once again suspect, How Wayne Rooney can tackle Reina and lash out at Arbeloa and receive nothing, yet Mascherano gets a card for throwing the ball into the ground. And last I looked encroaching in the wall is a yellow card offense so their little dreadlocked player should have been sent off. Ronaldo kicked the ball away, granted wasn't by far , but the whistle had blown and free kick given. And how on earth both the assitant referee and the referee missed Tevez's handball is beyond me how more blatant does it need to be ??

You're grasping at straws, IMO, mate.  The ref didn't cost us this one--a single set-piece error and a lack of creativity in the final third did us in today.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:58 pm

I think we can beat them but it's all down to "wrong tactics".

We should play "long ball (means that PC will start the match as a targetman to "hold" the ball and wait for the support from the midfield) instead of "short pass".

League is over now  .... Let go for the 4th place this season. :(
LiverpoolMadman

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:58 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
peewee wrote:tactical genius rafa, we can not beat the top teams in the league, we struggle at times against the chaff and flotsam,

maybe we will wake up tomorrow with no manager  :(

And maybe you'll wake up with a brain...

Then again - maybe not.

again a muppet missing what is actually written, did i say i wanted it to happen? no i didnt

just give it a rest ffs, do you want to go down the avenue of listing achievements lando then we can see who is more successful between you and i and who has the biggest brain?

no i thought not, did you finish burger flipping early today    :D
nottingham   :D
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion