LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:19 pm

bavlondon wrote:Why dont you shut the :censored: up maguskwt. Inacase you havent noticed this is an open forum so people are free to discuss their views as best asthey please. You dont like it, then :censored: of over to another fourm. Or at least learn a sensible way to disagree with someone other than resorting to using foul language.

yeah this is an open forum and that's my opinion on him...

so what is your problem?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:21 pm

I'm disappointed by the result today, but I'm far from disconsolate.

When we were out of form, Arsenal gave us a real lesson on the pitch, but thankfully we still ground out a point. Recently in the Champions league, we've been up against it, but we've eventually sailed through into the knockout stages thanks to two spellbinding performances, and one late, late show of attacking force.

Against the champions today, we held our own, and went down to a goal that any team is capable of scoring when their luck is in. Other than that there was no real difference in quality, and we weren't outclassed.

We can talk about players we want in and out until the cows come home, but for me the fundamental things holding us back from becoming champions are:

1) The ability to make a goal happen in the closing stages
...and related to that...
2) The winning habit

Today a point would have been a perfectly fair result to all concerned. Because that didn't happen, we've suddenly lost two on the bounce and the title looks all but gone. We really do need to bounce back and get some favours from teams elsewhere to have any chance of making this a title-winning season.
ivor_the_injun

Postby JBG » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:37 pm

Not enough class out wide once again has been our downfall. UTD sat back and we had no way of getting through.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:43 pm

Hey....,.this is exactly like rafa's 1st season...

Sh1tty in the league......Qualified to the knock-out stage on the last game...

Think we could win the champions league this season.....

So fock the league..  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:45 pm

Thats not enough though Rock, we cant keep just washing over the domestic cracks with getting to the final again.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KOPMATT » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:45 pm

JBG wrote:Not enough class out wide once again has been our downfall. UTD sat back and we had no way of getting through.

Yup, I have to agree with that too. Am absolutely gutted at the result.
IMO I thought we were the better team over 90 mins but they got what we couldn't and put the ball in the net.
Just hope Rafa comes outta the meeting with the backing i feel he deserves.
KOPMATT

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:52 pm

bavlondon wrote:Thats not enough though Rock, we cant keep just washing over the domestic cracks with getting to the final again.

Rafa needs more time (i am giving him the benefit of doubt here)....

Some managers can take over a team and make them champions in their 1st few years (mourinho and wan.ker)...

Some managers need time to builld a dynasty (fergie and hopefully rafa)...Since now...rafa finally has people to back him up financially, i am willing to give him until beginning of next season. But if he still persists in buying people of kuyt, voronin, sissoko ability (players who work a lot...but have limited talent)...then seriously he has to resign (as its LFC tradition not to sack managers)...

BTW, unlike some here, i think the yanks are doing an awesome job giving rafa cash and preparing for the new stadium simultaneously...Just compare that with arsenal when they were building their stadium...they didn't have any transfer budget for a few seasons.

So to summarise it...the league is gone...so lets just concentrate on the champions league...... :eyebrow
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:53 pm

KOPMATT wrote:
JBG wrote:Not enough class out wide once again has been our downfall. UTD sat back and we had no way of getting through.

Yup, I have to agree with that too. Am absolutely gutted at the result.
IMO I thought we were the better team over 90 mins but they got what we couldn't and put the ball in the net.
Just hope Rafa comes outta the meeting with the backing i feel he deserves.

Someones talking sense at last

Mind you were only a cheesy scouse team according to a certain member on here posted in the chrismas wish thread so it doesnt matter does it
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raj_Xedos » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:56 pm

Guys for me its simple, again we we never made important errors count.

I cant remember Reina havin anything to do all game aprt from the goal. We dominated them and they tried to hit us on the counter.

Are we good enough to win the league? Yes

Can we? in my opinion, not yet!

Against the top teams, we miss a quality striker. We have Torres but he cant do it by himself.

In rafa we trust but ..... sometimes im not sure!

I think our only decent striker is torres, other defences fear him but who else?
Raj_Xedos

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:02 pm

Sh1t.......i ain't gonna read any tabloids for a week...

Now they have Martin ONeill to become LFC manager.....  :angry:

Give me a break....if they mention mourinho ...at least its almost like for like ...but M-O-N ??? Thats a massive step down....

I rather rafa stayed for the next 10 years instead of having M-O-N as our manager....

http://www.squarefootball.net/article/transfer.asp?tid=711

Football's most high-profile meeting of a manager and his employers takes place on Sunday as Rafael Benitez settles down for a pow-wow with Tom Hicks and George Gillett. According to the People neither of Liverpool's American owners have said 'well-done' to Rafa for getting the club into the last 16 of the Champions League while the Spaniard is not planning to apologise for his public row with the tycoons. Hicks and Gillett meanwhile (or the men advising them) have reportedly settled on Martin O'Neill as the kind of man they want to replace Rafa with Jurgen Klinsmann also high on their wish-list.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeff capes » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:07 pm

Dutchsky wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
jeff capes wrote:good old kuyt  running around like a mindless talentless clown lol.

we just lost to manu yet i can't help but see the funny side of playing kuyt.

benitez is clearly taking p out of us by playing this guy.

either kuyt is really that bad or there is something more serious taking place here.

i think the owners should give benitez more money to waste on guys like kuyt....in rafa we trust.

from the 1st half defensive display we will probably get to another champions league final.

but we all know if we do people will say the champions league is not as tough as the prem.

we  did better than i expected us to.
i feared we would be defensively sloppy and lose 3-1, but we were solid enough and i had no fear from manu.

i've been a harry kewell fan ,but i did not like the vibe from him.
but then again ronaldo is also very quiet when he plays liverpool so maybe i should  not take it to heart.

atleast we did not lose because the whole team was complete junk.
we lost because  kuyt could not hold the ball up.
kuyt only played because he is faster and more mobile than crouch,yet kuyt is slow.

kuyt is out of his depth at liverpool,and we have seen that benitez playing a dutch players does not actually mean he rates them. zenden played the champions league final then hours laters was no longer a liverpool player.

oh shut the :censored: up... it's bad enough we lost... it's more embarrassing that we have fans like you...

you obviously are too narrow minded and have a football knowledge that totals zero...

True.

Kuyt didnt play his best; as a few others.

Kuyt played very good in the CL. Perfect partner with Torres. He creates space and set-ups and Torres has the tor-instinct.

what does kuyt have to do for people to see he is going to be like all the other shaun dundees that have been at the club.

we got behind them and they  never came good.

kuyt is practically pulling down his shorts and pooping on the anfield pitch.

i'm not getting behind these clowns.

for years i have had to put up with deluded mates convinced that smicer and biscan would come good

obviously some of the people posting here are just kids which is why i'll respond in an adult way.
Last edited by jeff capes on Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeff capes

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:16 pm

bavlondon wrote:Why dont you shut the :censored: up maguskwt. Inacase you havent noticed this is an open forum so people are free to discuss their views as best asthey please. You dont like it, then :censored: of over to another fourm. Or at least learn a sensible way to disagree with someone other than resorting to using foul language.

And which words other than foul language would you offer up my friend??!!  :p
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:20 pm

We lost today cuz they took their single half chance - we didn't. End of. That don't make us a good/bad team....it don't even effectively end our challenge for the title. What it does is tell us we have to be more ruthless, have to put those half chances in the bag, and when it all comes down to half chances, make half of our half chances count. Then we might have half a chance.

I think! :p
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:20 pm

jeff capes wrote:
Dutchsky wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
jeff capes wrote:good old kuyt  running around like a mindless talentless clown lol.

either kuyt is really that bad or there is something more serious taking place here.

i think the owners should give benitez more money to waste on guys like kuyt....in rafa we trust.

from the 1st half defensive display we will probably get to another champions league final.

but we all know if we do people will say the champions league is not as tough as the prem.

i feared we would be defensively sloppy and lose 3-1, but we were solid enough and i had no fear from manu.

but then again ronaldo is also very quiet when he plays liverpool so maybe i should  not take it to heart.

kuyt only played because he is faster and more mobile than crouch,yet kuyt is slow.

kuyt is out of his depth at liverpool,and we have seen that benitez playing a dutch players does not actually mean he rates them. zenden played the champions league final then hours laters was no longer a liverpool player.

oh shut the :censored: up... it's bad enough we lost... it's more embarrassing that we have fans like you...

you obviously are too narrow minded and have a football knowledge that totals zero...

True.

Kuyt played very good in the CL. Perfect partner with Torres. He creates space and set-ups and Torres has the tor-instinct.

what does kuyt have to do for people to see he is going to be like all the other shaun dundees that have been at the club.

i'm getting behind these clowns.

for years i have had to put up with deluded mates convinced that smicer and biscan would come good

obviously some of the people posting here are just kids which is why i'll respond in an adult way.

No im not stalking you mr capes just let that that one straight and no im not a kid so you can talk to me in a grown up voice but you really :censored: me off and i cant let it go lad .

You say you support Liverpool am i right?

I presume your not a scouser ?

you really angered me by sayin you want us to be world famous and not some cheesy scouse team.

When did you start supporting the reds?

Have a read of the history books lad youll find out were all ready world famous

I am proud to be a scouser lad and dont you :censored: dare call me a supporter of a cheesy team

Rant over
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:21 pm

jeff capes wrote:
Dutchsky wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

True.

i'm not getting behind these clowns.

riiiiight...

how old are you? I'm guessing 14... am I correct?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion