LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:11 pm

mistyred wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:one thing stood out for me

our wingers just aint up the standard in big games

ive noticed it a few times and today was another example

players like kewell and benayoun are good in any other game but against the best teams they aint good enough

giggs and ronaldo are in a diffrent league to our wingers

Kewell just had 1 bad game since he returned to the team..so lets lay of him shall we ?

I mean if the other midfield & forward players has done their part and made themselves available for the ball or kept the opposition players busy with off-the-ball running, kewell might have had a better game.... But they didn't.

My take is...if we get a better winger than kewell, then by all means lets get rid of him. But until then...we are "stuck" with him.

Riise, Auerlio, Gonzales, Leto and Babel all have come in and they have done sh1t all....Even a half fit kewell is better than them in the LW position. So as long as we can get Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho...etc, to be our LW, its better to stick with kewell.

Babel done :censored: all  ???

Yeah...babel has done sh1t all when he has started as a LW...

He has done pretty well...when he has come on (when the opposition players are tired)....

Babel might become a world class striker in the future... but he won't become a world class LW...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeff capes » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:12 pm

against reading he left babel out who was in good form.
i thought he must be saving him for the champions league,but he was on the bench. he must be resting him for the manu game surely....in rafa we trust.
jeff capes

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:13 pm

Ciggy wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:EXACLY  :laugh: Who the :censored: is all therse numbers or am i goin senile

The thing is tho girl you dont see them for dust when we win, but they come out in their numbers when we get beat. :D

Readin some of the posts after we get beat makes me :censored: laugh cigg . I think Jeremy Beadles gonna pop up from around the corner and say its a wind up :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HOMER » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:27 pm

fergie won the battle of the managers.

he trusts the young players that he buys to put in the performances in the big matches - anderson was superb in midfield and is only 19. he could have gone for experience (carick) but he plays the in form players.

benitez doesn't seem to have confidence in his young signings - how on earth is kuyt better than babel, why not give lucas a game he's just as good as anderson. how are these youngsters going to improve if they only play in the carling cup.

ferdinand and vidic only had torres to mark because kuyt doesn't pose a threat. benayouin was never going to get past evra, kewell has lost a yard of pace - we were too predictable and fergie knew it.

hope he starts babel and lucas in the next few games because they need the experience. babel is good enough to start for holland but he's too young to start for liverpool.

if we play lucas more often and take guthrie back we'll save 17m on mascherano.
HOMER

Postby Forever_Red » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:34 pm

Just got back from the boozer......

I hate that club with a blind stinking passion! cant stand the bunch of pr!cks!

Absolutley gutted we lost :( :( :(
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:46 pm

HOMER wrote:fergie won the battle of the managers.

he trusts the young players that he buys to put in the performances in the big matches - anderson was superb in midfield and is only 19. he could have gone for experience (carick) but he plays the in form players.

benitez doesn't seem to have confidence in his young signings - how on earth is kuyt better than babel, why not give lucas a game he's just as good as anderson. how are these youngsters going to improve if they only play in the carling cup.

ferdinand and vidic only had torres to mark because kuyt doesn't pose a threat. benayouin was never going to get past evra, kewell has lost a yard of pace - we were too predictable and fergie knew it.

hope he starts babel and lucas in the next few games because they need the experience. babel is good enough to start for holland but he's too young to start for liverpool.

if we play lucas more often and take guthrie back we'll save 17m on mascherano.

When Rafa gets jibbed tonight like some on here think he will I suggest you apply for the job cause you seem to no better than him failing that apply for his assistant presumably youve got your coaching badges lad or are you just a member of the drunk up the M62s fan club
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:58 pm

do you think dirk kuyt is scared to get in the box?

because so many games he plays and he drops back or to the right, never does he make runs down the middle and try to get in the box
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:07 pm

A few of our players arn't really up to playing at the top level, but they all tried hard today, won more than their fair share of 50/50 balls and more than matched the mancs in everything but one set piece goal. I am p!ssed off that we lost, we just need a little more than Kuyt up front (Torres can't do it every time)

I thought on the whole we dealt with Rooney and Ronaldo well and Tevez didn't offer much apart from the goal. Torres can't do it every game and unfortunately never looked like doing it today after his early miss.
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:10 pm

Bottom line is that our squad collectivley just isnt good enough as the rest to compete let alone fool ourselves into thinking we can win the league.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:10 pm

jeff capes wrote:good old kuyt  running around like a mindless talentless clown lol.

we just lost to manu yet i can't help but see the funny side of playing kuyt.

benitez is clearly taking p out of us by playing this guy.

either kuyt is really that bad or there is something more serious taking place here.

i think the owners should give benitez more money to waste on guys like kuyt....in rafa we trust.

from the 1st half defensive display we will probably get to another champions league final.

but we all know if we do people will say the champions league is not as tough as the prem.

we  did better than i expected us to.
i feared we would be defensively sloppy and lose 3-1, but we were solid enough and i had no fear from manu.

i've been a harry kewell fan ,but i did not like the vibe from him.
but then again ronaldo is also very quiet when he plays liverpool so maybe i should  not take it to heart.

atleast we did not lose because the whole team was complete junk.
we lost because  kuyt could not hold the ball up.
kuyt only played because he is faster and more mobile than crouch,yet kuyt is slow.

kuyt is out of his depth at liverpool,and we have seen that benitez playing a dutch players does not actually mean he rates them. zenden played the champions league final then hours laters was no longer a liverpool player.

oh shut the :censored: up... it's bad enough we lost... it's more embarrassing that we have fans like you...

you obviously are too narrow minded and have a football knowledge that totals zero...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:16 pm

absolutely no complaints against team selection and tactics...

It was pretty even... they had their break and scored... we didn't have ours... that's about all there is...

as for winning the title... it's alot harder now... but by all means it's not over... if we win our game in hand it'll be 7 points from the leaders... there's still more than half a season to go and that's a long way... 7 points is not impossible to over come...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:17 pm

Why dont you shut the :censored: up maguskwt. Inacase you havent noticed this is an open forum so people are free to discuss their views as best asthey please. You dont like it, then :censored: of over to another fourm. Or at least learn a sensible way to disagree with someone other than resorting to using foul language.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dutchsky » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:17 pm

maguskwt wrote:
jeff capes wrote:good old kuyt  running around like a mindless talentless clown lol.

we just lost to manu yet i can't help but see the funny side of playing kuyt.

benitez is clearly taking p out of us by playing this guy.

either kuyt is really that bad or there is something more serious taking place here.

i think the owners should give benitez more money to waste on guys like kuyt....in rafa we trust.

from the 1st half defensive display we will probably get to another champions league final.

but we all know if we do people will say the champions league is not as tough as the prem.

we  did better than i expected us to.
i feared we would be defensively sloppy and lose 3-1, but we were solid enough and i had no fear from manu.

i've been a harry kewell fan ,but i did not like the vibe from him.
but then again ronaldo is also very quiet when he plays liverpool so maybe i should  not take it to heart.

atleast we did not lose because the whole team was complete junk.
we lost because  kuyt could not hold the ball up.
kuyt only played because he is faster and more mobile than crouch,yet kuyt is slow.

kuyt is out of his depth at liverpool,and we have seen that benitez playing a dutch players does not actually mean he rates them. zenden played the champions league final then hours laters was no longer a liverpool player.

oh shut the :censored: up... it's bad enough we lost... it's more embarrassing that we have fans like you...

you obviously are too narrow minded and have a football knowledge that totals zero...

True.

Kuyt didnt play his best; as a few others.

Kuyt played very good in the CL. Perfect partner with Torres. He creates space and set-ups and Torres has the tor-instinct.
Dutchsky

Postby puroresu » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:19 pm

maguskwt wrote:absolutely no complaints against team selection and tactics...

It was pretty even... they had their break and scored... we didn't have ours... that's about all there is...

as for winning the title... it's alot harder now... but by all means it's not over... if we win our game in hand it'll be 7 points from the leaders... there's still more than half a season to go and that's a long way... 7 points is not impossible to over come...

with 3 trips to OT, Emirates and Stamford bridge.  The league has gone!!
puroresu

Postby Dutchsky » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:19 pm

jeff capes wrote:-lot of bullcrap about Kuyt-

If you think that because of Kuyt, Liverpool narrowly lost to a top team.
Your not very bright, son.
Dutchsky

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion