LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:47 pm

another thing is in the summer we were crying out for a world class winger

ryan babel comes in (he has done well in my opinion) but if your gonna choose him over bringing in a world class winger surely he should be starting in these kind of games

otherwise why spend 11 mill on him rather than buying a world class winger?
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:51 pm

Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:51 pm

lakes10 wrote:Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea

sorry to change but u been watching? terry is the worst player ive seen, should have been sent off twie before he went off injured
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeff capes » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:52 pm

good old kuyt  running around like a mindless talentless clown lol.

we just lost to manu yet i can't help but see the funny side of playing kuyt.

benitez is clearly taking p out of us by playing this guy.

either kuyt is really that bad or there is something more serious taking place here.

i think the owners should give benitez more money to waste on guys like kuyt....in rafa we trust.

from the 1st half defensive display we will probably get to another champions league final.

but we all know if we do people will say the champions league is not as tough as the prem.

we  did better than i expected us to.
i feared we would be defensively sloppy and lose 3-1, but we were solid enough and i had no fear from manu.

i've been a harry kewell fan ,but i did not like the vibe from him.
but then again ronaldo is also very quiet when he plays liverpool so maybe i should  not take it to heart.

atleast we did not lose because the whole team was complete junk.
we lost because  kuyt could not hold the ball up.
kuyt only played because he is faster and more mobile than crouch,yet kuyt is slow.

kuyt is out of his depth at liverpool,and we have seen that benitez playing a dutch players does not actually mean he rates them. zenden played the champions league final then hours laters was no longer a liverpool player.
Last edited by jeff capes on Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeff capes

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:52 pm

Ciggy wrote:
jedwards wrote::angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

On the evidence of today match, it does prove that LFC, will not and cannot win the league this season or in the next 5-6 seasons to come, while LFC is still under the management of the idiot Benitez.
I still doubt very much Benitez's ability to win the premier league for LFC.

get a fuckin grip.

EXACLY  :laugh: Who the :censored: is all therse numbers or am i goin senile
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:53 pm

LittleHobo wrote:one thing stood out for me

our wingers just aint up the standard in big games

ive noticed it a few times and today was another example

players like kewell and benayoun are good in any other game but against the best teams they aint good enough

giggs and ronaldo are in a diffrent league to our wingers

Kewell just had 1 bad game since he returned to the team..so lets lay of him shall we ?

I mean if the other midfield & forward players has done their part and made themselves available for the ball or kept the opposition players busy with off-the-ball running, kewell might have had a better game.... But they didn't.

My take is...if we get a better winger than kewell, then by all means lets get rid of him. But until then...we are "stuck" with him.

Riise, Auerlio, Gonzales, Leto and Babel all have come in and they have done sh1t all....Even a half fit kewell is better than them in the LW position. So as long as we can get Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho...etc, to be our LW, its better to stick with kewell.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:56 pm

dawson99 wrote:

sorry to change but u been watching? terry is the worst player ive seen, should have been sent off twie before he went off injured

I was shocked that was not a red card. i hope he has broke his foot now.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:57 pm

The same for right wing...lets talk about getting rid of pennant and benayoun once we get ronaldo or quaresma type quality players...
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:58 pm

NANNY RED wrote:EXACLY  :laugh: Who the :censored: is all therse numbers or am i goin senile

The thing is tho girl you dont see them for dust when we win, but they come out in their numbers when we get beat. :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:59 pm

Well at least arsenal looks like they might win the league...so its not all gloom and doom.

Think about it...arsenal winners of premier league 2008.

Liverpool winners of champions league 2008, league cup 2008 and fa cup 2008....whoo hooo.....  :D
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:00 pm

The_Rock wrote:

players like kewell and benayoun are good in any other game but against the best teams they aint good enough

Kewell just had 1 bad game since he returned to the team..so lets lay of him shall we ?

I mean if the other midfield & forward players has done their part and made themselves available for the ball or kept the opposition players busy with off-the-ball running, kewell might have had a better game.... But they didn't.

My take is...if we get a better winger than kewell, then by all means lets get rid of him. But until then...we are "stuck" with him.

Riise, Auerlio, Gonzales, Leto and Babel all have come in and they have done sh1t all....Even a half fit kewell is better than them in the LW position. So as long as we can get Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho...etc, to be our LW, its better to stick with kewell.

Babel done :censored: all  ???
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:00 pm

jedwards wrote: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

On the evidence of today match, it does prove that LFC, will not and cannot win the league this season or in the next 5-6 seasons to come, while LFC is still under the management of the idiot Benitez. So far we have played the top three teams, and we failed to score a win against all of them, this does prove that our team selection and tactic were totally wrong!!!. The team that Benitez had selected for today's top match was wrong, with two liability players (Kewell & Kuyt) were selected from the start, and it was down to Kewell's mistake, led to a corner, and we were out done by it and eventually led to wining goal of the match, and it took almost three quarter of the match for Benitez to realize that he made a mistake with his selection, and replaced both player with Babel and Crouch, where he should have in fact started the match with Crouch along side Torres, and Babel on lift wing.

I always remember, the past maters of LFC managers had selected their inform players for their top matches when they were available at the time, but here we see the clever and the most negative LFC's manager, select the liability players ahead of inform players!!!!, Kuyt, should never be a fist team players ahead of Crouch or Babel, as for Kewell,  who lives on his old reputation since his days at Leeds, he has not proved his place in LFC at all, he has been less than an average player dogged with injuries!!!. "WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY". Kuyt is the first player LFC should get rid off in January transfer window, along with Voronin, and not Crouch.

I have said many times that Benitez chances of winning the league, is totally beyond him, and the last two league defeats, so far is not the last, many defeats in the near future is still to come, today's defeat is a big set back, and if Benitez still remain in charge, LFC, will not finish fourth this season, as for winning the league, let us be serious, and kiss it goodbye!  I cannot see it happening, it is between Chelsea, and M. United, with Arsenal the dark horse!.

I just do not understand why so many of LFC's fans back the negative Benitez so much, I do understand he had won some trophies OK, top trophies in the past, and he had won those trophies with less equipped and weaker squads of players, but the last season he had bought badly, and last summer, he had bought some very good players, but he does not how to use them, those good players do not fit his negative tactics, there is big conflict of many issues in his on mind. Benitez could not add more successes to his old glories, it has been two years without any serious attempt on the premier league.

I still doubt very much Benitez's ability to win the premier league for LFC.

??? What a clown........!!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:01 pm

The_Rock wrote:

i like kewell but against the very best he just isnt good enough these days

for us he has always been poor in the big games
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:06 pm

We had the chances today but it was the usual pattern with us and Utd at home. We dominate posession and get a few chances whilst they create nothing. Then out of nowehere we go to sleep and they score. We could have perhaps got one back had Babel and Aureilo come on sooner. What a depressing afternoon.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:09 pm

In truth, there wasn't much between the two sides at all today.  We failed to capitalize on two mistakes in the first half while they caught us napping with a well worked corner.  That was the difference.

After their goal, they were content to sit back and try and pick us off on the counter--with very little joy it must be said.  We huffed and puffed but couldn't find the magic or luck to break them down.  They marked Torres out of the game and kept Gerrard quiet, which meant that some of other lads saw plenty of the ball.  The fact that they couldn't trouble United with it is telling.  Today's match reveals that we aren't terribly far away but that we still require 1-2 more quality players in order to ask questions of top teams like Man U.

As for the Kuyt bashing, while I agree he was poor he was not the reason we lost today and he was far from the only one who had a sub-par game.  Some have questioned his selection which, of course, is ridiculous given the good performance he put in mid-week.  Anti-rotationers always berate Rafa for not allowing the team to build cohesion and momentum and for not rewarding players who excel with starts in subsequent games.  Rafa picks the same side and rewards Kuyt for his strong performance in the south of France and he gets slammed for it.  Go figure.  :glare:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion