LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:15 pm

Utd didnt look much better and the game was a poor game.  But they are the away side and we never really looked like we would win the game.

Utd have been to arsenal, been to anfield and played chelsea at home.  7 Points from 9.
We have 2 points from 9 v the top 4.
puroresu

Postby Judge » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:30 pm

watched the match :(
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:33 pm

one thing stood out for me

our wingers just aint up the standard in big games

ive noticed it a few times and today was another example

players like kewell and benayoun are good in any other game but against the best teams they aint good enough

giggs and ronaldo are in a diffrent league to our wingers
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby jedwards » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:34 pm

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

On the evidence of today match, it does prove that LFC, will not and cannot win the league this season or in the next 5-6 seasons to come, while LFC is still under the management of the idiot Benitez. So far we have played the top three teams, and we failed to score a win against all of them, this does prove that our team selection and tactic were totally wrong!!!. The team that Benitez had selected for today's top match was wrong, with two liability players (Kewell & Kuyt) were selected from the start, and it was down to Kewell's mistake, led to a corner, and we were out done by it and eventually led to wining goal of the match, and it took almost three quarter of the match for Benitez to realize that he made a mistake with his selection, and replaced both player with Babel and Crouch, where he should have in fact started the match with Crouch along side Torres, and Babel on lift wing.

I always remember, the past maters of LFC managers had selected their inform players for their top matches when they were available at the time, but here we see the clever and the most negative LFC's manager, select the liability players ahead of inform players!!!!, Kuyt, should never be a fist team players ahead of Crouch or Babel, as for Kewell,  who lives on his old reputation since his days at Leeds, he has not proved his place in LFC at all, he has been less than an average player dogged with injuries!!!. "WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY". Kuyt is the first player LFC should get rid off in January transfer window, along with Voronin, and not Crouch.

I have said many times that Benitez chances of winning the league, is totally beyond him, and the last two league defeats, so far is not the last, many defeats in the near future is still to come, today's defeat is a big set back, and if Benitez still remain in charge, LFC, will not finish fourth this season, as for winning the league, let us be serious, and kiss it goodbye!  I cannot see it happening, it is between Chelsea, and M. United, with Arsenal the dark horse!.

I just do not understand why so many of LFC's fans back the negative Benitez so much, I do understand he had won some trophies OK, top trophies in the past, and he had won those trophies with less equipped and weaker squads of players, but the last season he had bought badly, and last summer, he had bought some very good players, but he does not how to use them, those good players do not fit his negative tactics, there is big conflict of many issues in his on mind. Benitez could not add more successes to his old glories, it has been two years without any serious attempt on the premier league.

I still doubt very much Benitez's ability to win the premier league for LFC.
jedwards

Postby puroresu » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:35 pm

LittleHobo wrote:one thing stood out for me

players like kewell and benayoun are good in any other game but against the best teams they aint good enough

yep.  The problems out wide have been there for a long time yet still have not been solved.
puroresu

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:37 pm

if you wanna finish 4th every year then kewell and benayoun are fine as wingers

but if you wanna challenge we need better wingers, kewell has never been good against the very best teams for us

arbeloa looked like our best winger on show and hes a bladdy right back

also dirk kuyt once again showed that vs good teams he doesnt have the quality either
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:39 pm

i was suprised crouch didnt start over kuyt......crouch always does it in the big games vs very good players

kuyt always looks out of his depth versus the very best
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:39 pm

jedwards wrote: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

On the evidence of today match, it does prove that LFC, will not and cannot win the league this season or in the next 5-6 seasons to come, while LFC is still under the management of the idiot Benitez. So far we have played the top three teams, and we failed to score a win against all of them, this does prove that our team selection and tactic were totally wrong!!!. The team that Benitez had selected for today's top match was wrong, with two liability players (Kewell & Kuyt) were selected from the start, and it was down to Kewell's mistake, led to a corner, and we were out done by it and eventually led to wining goal of the match, and it took almost three quarter of the match for Benitez to realize that he made a mistake with his selection, and replaced both player with Babel and Crouch, where he should have in fact started the match with Crouch along side Torres, and Babel on lift wing.

I always remember, the past maters of LFC managers had selected their inform players for their top matches when they were available at the time, but here we see the clever and the most negative LFC's manager, select the liability players ahead of inform players!!!!, Kuyt, should never be a fist team players ahead of Crouch or Babel, as for Kewell,  who lives on his old reputation since his days at Leeds, he has not proved his place in LFC at all, he has been less than an average player dogged with injuries!!!. "WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY". Kuyt is the first player LFC should get rid off in January transfer window, along with Voronin, and not Crouch.

I have said many times that Benitez chances of winning the league, is totally beyond him, and the last two league defeats, so far is not the last, many defeats in the near future is still to come, today's defeat is a big set back, and if Benitez still remain in charge, LFC, will not finish fourth this season, as for winning the league, let us be serious, and kiss it goodbye!  I cannot see it happening, it is between Chelsea, and M. United, with Arsenal the dark horse!.

I just do not understand why so many of LFC's fans back the negative Benitez so much, I do understand he had won some trophies OK, top trophies in the past, and he had won those trophies with less equipped and weaker squads of players, but the last season he had bought badly, and last summer, he had bought some very good players, but he does not how to use them, those good players do not fit his negative tactics, there is big conflict of many issues in his on mind. Benitez could not add more successes to his old glories, it has been two years without any serious attempt on the premier league.

i wouldnt say that benitez is an idiot. the goal was a little fortuatuss. one could argue that if benayoun had moved out when the ball moved outwards, then tevez wouldve been in offside

do you not see all what happens ??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:41 pm

puroresu wrote:

yep.  The problems out wide have been there for a long time yet still have not been solved.

Sorry, but our wingers may of been bad today, but please, PLEASE tell me what giggs and ronaldo did today? Somebody tell me? Thats right nothing. This match was just defence stopping attack, apart from a stupid goal from the set piece, nobody looked like scoring, nobody.
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby europian-kings » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:41 pm

why do people blame benitez in every game that goes against us.....ok he makes a few dogy decisions now and again but come on....he fielded a good team...a team that beat marseille 4-0 in the match before...if he changes it people would be like oh my god why do u change a winning team??
benitez played the team who were on form together, its not his fault!
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:41 pm

who cares about the goal?

i care about the fact that once again we lack firepower when playing against the top teams

for some reason we just dont score goals against the top teams
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:43 pm

I would love to be a fly on the wall in this meeting with G&H and Benitez.Ive got a feeling something major might happen.

:(
roberto green

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:43 pm

username wrote:
puroresu wrote:

Sorry, but our wingers may of been bad today, but please, PLEASE tell me what giggs and ronaldo did today? Somebody tell me? Thats right nothing. This match was just defence stopping attack, apart from a stupid goal from the set piece, nobody looked like scoring, nobody.

we were at home

at home it us up to us to destroy and kewell and benayoun didnt have the quality
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:44 pm

On the evidence of today match, it does prove that LFC, will not and cannot win the league this season or in the next 5-6 seasons to come, while LFC is still under the management of the idiot Benitez.

get a fuckin grip.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:45 pm

Ciggy wrote:
jedwards wrote::angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

On the evidence of today match, it does prove that LFC, will not and cannot win the league this season or in the next 5-6 seasons to come, while LFC is still under the management of the idiot Benitez.

get a fuckin grip.

i agree
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion