LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Its time....its time to finally beat the

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:58 pm

dawson99 wrote:we need a scout who can spot a player. we need to stop buying so many players. maybe someone should tighten the purse strings so rafa stops buying 37 new players every year

We need quality not quantity....rafa has got to realise this.

I rather have an awesome 1st 11 with below average reserve players than having a squad full of average players with 2 great players.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:00 pm

We need john aldridge to sit next to Rafa on the bench.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:01 pm

Hey atleast we will get to the Quarters of the Champions leauge :blues:
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Dotty » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:01 pm

lakes10 wrote:after what has just happen it makes me wonder if that guy on five live who said that Hicks what to meet with Mourinho on monday might be right, i would find it hard to like him at the club

I read a sjky news article last week when JM turned down the England job that the reason was on Friday night a big club had put a contract infront of him for next season. the article then went on to say that it is down to JM love of the EPL why he will not take the England job?

The article was on sky news in the week for those that are going to look this up.

Oh dear
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby imouthep » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:04 pm

C'mon boys we have a good shout.People will right us off time and time again but we will prove them wrong. Today we were not outclassed on the field. We got beat by a set piece.Reina made no other major saves.We need to move on from here.We had no good service to the strikers yes that is true, but did the mancs? i can't remember being terrorised by rooney and Ronaldo was a non factor.We defended well and luck was just not on our side. We had two real good chances that needed clearing off the line but boy did we look good today.

Even if we don't win the league this year I beleive our side is looking mighty powerful Rome was not built in a day lads we willl need time so lets not let the anxiety of not having the title for 17 years dampen our spirits. We have a good side that can do great things and today was just not our day.
imouthep

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:05 pm

Red Dotty wrote:
lakes10 wrote:after what has just happen it makes me wonder if that guy on five live who said that Hicks what to meet with Mourinho on monday might be right, i would find it hard to like him at the club

I read a sjky news article last week when JM turned down the England job that the reason was on Friday night a big club had put a contract infront of him for next season. the article then went on to say that it is down to JM love of the EPL why he will not take the England job?

The article was on sky news in the week for those that are going to look this up.

Oh dear

he has a great record but i would find it hard to cheer for him at first but i am sure he could win us over in time if he won the Prem.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:06 pm

Why did i know this was gonna happen we get beat and its time for Rafa to go again there wasnt much football played by either side today and as i said before it was a :censored: set piece that done us not some brilliant piece of skill or a great move by there so called great g.ob :censored: Ronaldo .who i thought Arbeloa had in his pocket
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:08 pm

imouthep wrote:C'mon boys we have a good shout.People will right us off time and time again but we will prove them wrong. Today we were not outclassed on the field. We got beat by a set piece.Reina made no other major saves.We need to move on from here.We had no good service to the strikers yes that is true, but did the mancs? i can't remember being terrorised by rooney and Ronaldo was a non factor.We defended well and luck was just not on our side. We had two real good chances that needed clearing off the line but boy did we look good today.

Even if we don't win the league this year I beleive our side is looking mighty powerful Rome was not built in a day lads we willl need time so lets not let the anxiety of not having the title for 17 years dampen our spirits. We have a good side that can do great things and today was just not our day.

you are right, Rome was not built in a day.....but it was also built by many different owners.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:09 pm

I think we did give our best effort provided that Man Scum are more fresh than us as most of their player didn't play in mid week. I think after this game Rafa will realize what he should do the rest of the way Which is to play their strongest team consistently with minimal changes. I think Man Scum didn't have a good game as well. People here saying we don't have any wingers and neither do the Man Scum. We just lost by a set play. I don't see them ever overpowering us in anyway today. When we couldn't score at the beginning when they got mixed up with Van der sar and vidic, i had that feeling again and unfortunately it came true. Anyway, let's see what happened after meeting with the big boss. We were just out of gas and the mid game was the reason for us not to sustain the full match.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:10 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Why did i know this was gonna happen we get beat and its time for Rafa to go again there wasnt much football played by either side today and as i said before it was a :censored: set piece that done us not some brilliant piece of skill or a great move by there so called great g.ob :censored: Ronaldo .who i thought Arbeloa had in his pocket

I think its more to do with the meeting with the owners tonight, after todays game Rafa is not holding many cards.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:10 pm

lakes10 wrote:
imouthep wrote:C'mon boys we have a good shout.People will right us off time and time again but we will prove them wrong. Today we were not outclassed on the field. We got beat by a set piece.Reina made no other major saves.We need to move on from here.We had no good service to the strikers yes that is true, but did the mancs? i can't remember being terrorised by rooney and Ronaldo was a non factor.We defended well and luck was just not on our side. We had two real good chances that needed clearing off the line but boy did we look good today.

you are right, Rome was not built in a day.....but it was also built by many different owners.

it was quicker than 18 years tho  :p
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:12 pm

did anyone notice how far apart Hicks and Gillet sat apart in the stand? there is well something going on there.There

We got these owners in hope that we would have better funds but does it f*** look like.

To be honest there wasn't much in the game as usual but it was up to us in the home game to do something and we simply havent got enough players who can turn the game.

Out of touch with the league yet again the main concern being now is will everton grab our 4th place:(
roberto green

Postby puroresu » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:12 pm

There is a lack of quality in the side.  3 home games against the top 4 and we have failed to win 3 times.  no player who can run at the heart of a defense.  No creative player who can play with torres.  Benayoun is not a winger and drifts all over the place.  Riise not good enough and we need a dynamic LB.
puroresu

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:12 pm

dawson99 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

18 years, just seeing that hurts so much.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby imouthep » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:13 pm

Quote (lakes10 @ Dec. 16 2007,16:08)
Quote (imouthep @ Dec. 16 2007,16:04)
C'mon boys we have a good shout.People will right us off time and time again but we will prove them wrong. Today we were not outclassed on the field. We got beat by a set piece.Reina made no other major saves.We need to move on from here.We had no good service to the strikers yes that is true, but did the mancs? i can't remember being terrorised by rooney and Ronaldo was a non factor.We defended well and luck was just not on our side. We had two real good chances that needed clearing off the line but boy did we look good today.

But rafa hasn't been boss for 18 has he?
imouthep

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion