Liverpool vs. leverkusen - Predictions?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:52 am

Alright lads, I haven't really started a thread in a while so I thought with the upcoming fixture this Tuesday, I'd thought I'd start a post.

I hope our players understand that this is a massive game for us and I really hope they work much hard and run that extra 2 metres to get the ball (I say this because we were sloppy against Southampton and Birmingham and we lost those games).

We'll have to play some good football with some good passing and good movement, we can't give away unecessery balls and we have to close down and try to win the ball when it is in their pocession and do well at attacking and defending set peices.
If Benni and the players can get this all correct on the night, I'm sure we can win the game.

I do think we will leak a goal sadly but we will grind out the result to a 2 - 1 under whatever circumstances.

I hope that Josemi and Pelle don't enter the pitch on the night.

What are your predictions?
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:01 am

gave up prediction a long time ago.....but i have a sneaky feeling that leverkuson will get a draw here....don't ask me..... just this feeling.

For me, this season is a write-off. I would be happy if the whole teams gives 100%...thats all.
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:11 am

I think 2-0 to us with goals to Baros and riise
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:12 am

The_Rock wrote:gave up prediction a long time ago.....but i have a sneaky feeling that leverkuson will get a draw here....don't ask me..... just this feeling.

For me, this season is a write-off. I would be happy if the whole teams gives 100%...thats all.

I have the same feeling becuase we play so differently every game. God knows how we'll preform
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:57 am

Well pelle cant play as he is cup-tied with Valencia (think he made a subs appearance for them at sum point), which is a good thing!

Very hard game to predict.  We have the ability to beat this team but just dont know which Liverpool will show up on the night unfortunately.

Need a clean sheet if we are to go through i think so i'll say 1-0 to us!!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:21 pm

We need a clean sheet ,but we alos need to take a bigger lead than 1-0 to Germany .If we are goin to go through to the last 8 but i see us gettin played off the park and get thumped 0-3 :(
Last edited by the great one on Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:33 pm

the great one wrote:We need a clean sheet ,but we alos need to take a bigger lead than 1-0 to Germany .If we are goin to go through to the last 8 but i see us gettin played off the park and get thumped 0-3 :(

WTF ??? Talk about pessimism..... :p

If we play like we did against birmingham...then i agree.....But if all the players give 100% or even 90%.....we should be ok.

Its time for Garcia & Kewell to play their game of their lives...
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:21 pm

Sounds a bit pessimistic but it will need massive luck and magic to overcome Leverkusen in our recent unfortunate situation, mainly: injuries, inconsistencies and bad luck. Can they all change instantly? :sigh: .......
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:10 pm

.. 2-0 and the lads will defo be up for it :)
Last edited by zarababe on Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:38 pm

Liverpool: 2 [Baros , Kewell]
Bayer Leverkusen: 0
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:14 pm

After we conceeded the first goal against Olympiakos how many honestly can say that they thought we would go through by scoring three goals? Very few, don't forget that game. Impossible is nothing.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:57 pm

I think we will definitley be up for this game.  They will have been given a bo!!ocking by Rafa and they will have had over a week to get used to this game.  We will attack them from the off and they wont know what's hit them.  It's a sell out (I should know because I was a little late getting to Anfield on Friday morning cause I'd booked it off work and the girl told me the tickets had gone on Thursday afternoon, my own fault really.....) and the fans will be up for this.

Even without Gerrard and Morientes, I think we can get a 1 - 0 or 2 - 0 result.  It's has to be one of those special nights again.
jonnymac1979

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:02 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Even without Gerrard and Morientes, I think we can get a 1 - 0 or 2 - 0 result.  It's has to be one of those special nights again.

How many have we had this season ?

1)Against Crystal Palace
2)Against Arsenal
3)Against Olympiakos

Wouldn't be betting against happening again.....But the players have to give it thier all.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:24 pm

The_Rock wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:Even without Gerrard and Morientes, I think we can get a 1 - 0 or 2 - 0 result.  It's has to be one of those special nights again.

How many have we had this season ?

1)Against Crystal Palace
2)Against Arsenal
3)Against Olympiakos

Wouldn't be betting against happening again.....But the players have to give it thier all.

What about the away game against Fulham? How could you forget such a game?

The Charlton game was special in a way because we played for one another after losing three times in a row.

Even the game against Chelsea was special in a way as [despite the loss] we outplayed them off the park.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:25 pm

I don't think we'll lose, but if we do, let's go down with a fight at least.  There are no excuses not to perform.
jonnymac1979

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion