Liverpool vs. leverkusen - Predictions?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby the great one » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:49 pm

You think these overpriced nancies will perform your having a laugh aren't you ???  Rafa may of gave them a bollocking but we will still see a ****** perfomance by them and getting played off the park.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:52 pm

the great one wrote:You think these overpriced nancies will perform your having a laugh aren't you ???  Rafa may of gave them a bollocking but we will still see a ****** perfomance by them and getting played off the park.

Are you sure you don't support Everton?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:53 pm

A.B. wrote:
the great one wrote:You think these overpriced nancies will perform your having a laugh aren't you ???  Rafa may of gave them a bollocking but we will still see a ****** perfomance by them and getting played off the park.

Are you sure you don't support Everton?

So just cus i have no faith in these overpayed players i support Everton  ???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:03 pm

So just cus i have no faith in these overpayed players i support Everton 

If you don't have faith in the players, faith in the team most importantly then you can go ahead and support somebody else.

We've been in tough situations before, especially in this season.

Before we played Arsenal we playd Middlesbrough and lost 2-0. Outplayed and outclassed like we were against Birmingham, all odds were against us when we played Arsenal.  Can you tell me who won that match? It was Liverpool with a thin squad outplaying Arsenal the Champions.

Before we played Olympiakos we lost to Everton. Comming into that match the odds once again were against us. Fans such as yourself didn't believe we could do it. Especially after Olympiakos scored the opening goal. What happened? We won  3-1 and not because of Gerrard alone but because players like Pongolle and Mellor chipped in with the goals.

You see as a supporter you keep the faith no matter what happened last week,last month or last year. Unless you have a crystal ball you don't know that we will be outplayed off the park by Bayer Leverkusen. Don't base this just by the performances against Southampton and Birmingham because you're forgetting the good performances we've had this season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:06 pm

A.B. wrote:After we conceeded the first goal against Olympiakos how many honestly can say that they thought we would go through by scoring three goals? Very few, don't forget that game. Impossible is nothing.

Me ! I clearly said that as long as we got an early goal, the game was ours for the taking.   :D
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jack66 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:18 pm

Leverkusen won four two away yesterday and they are only six points off the top of the bundesliga,so they are very tasty at the moment.We will have to be at our very best on tuesday to get a good result,i say two one to the reds.
jack66

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:54 pm

Its such a huge game and we definately need a win Tuesday. I just cannot see us getting much in Leverkusen on account of our abysmal away form. We did kinda crawl over the line to get this far, so its going to be tough going from here on in. Im not convinced we have enough quality to beat the Germans at home. Can see it ending a draw, maybe 0-0. I dont think that will be enough. Liverpool are so unpredictable its impossible to know which one will show up on any given day. My head tells me we cannot get through this tie, but my heart hopes we can pull out two top performances to progress. We will need them.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:47 pm

I find it hard to believe we won't concede so I'm going for a 1-1 draw. ???

Of course I hope for better things but a draw is my prediction.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:51 pm

I think if we win this game then we will go through to the quarter finals. We showed agianst Depor that we can grind out results away, and we were unluck to lose to a goal which should have been disalloed for handball against Monaco.

a 1-0 or 2-0 result would be ideal, but 2-1 wouldn't be bad either as I believe we can grind out a draw in Germany.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:58 pm

Cast your mind back 3 years when we won 1-0 at Anfield only to cuccumb 4-2 at the Bayer arena in the return. I simply can;t see us progressing, weare without many key players and if he plays Biscan which loks his only option then we have nothing in terms of creativity. I'd settle for a draw and try to nick it against the odds in the away leg when Stevie wuill be back ...

Walk on .....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:02 am

we should have got a 3-2 result in that game. If memory serves me correct Litmanen scored the goal to put us through in the 84th min, only for Bayer to score 3 mins later and knock us out.

I still say that had we won that tie we would have been in the European Cup Final as we were beating the mancs for fun at that stage.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:12 am

LFC #1 wrote:we should have got a 3-2 result in that game. If memory serves me correct Litmanen scored the goal to put us through in the 84th min, only for Bayer to score 3 mins later and knock us out.

I still say that had we won that tie we would have been in the European Cup Final as we were beating the mancs for fun at that stage.

Very true but the sustitution of Hamann was crucial and that result was a real gut wrencher I can tell you  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:18 am

I reckon we'll go through, I like the fact that we're the underdogs, we got nothing to lose and everything to gain. I also like people's faces when we shock them which is what I think we will do against Bayer.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:23 am

Dalglish wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:we should have got a 3-2 result in that game. If memory serves me correct Litmanen scored the goal to put us through in the 84th min, only for Bayer to score 3 mins later and knock us out.

Very true but the sustitution of Hamann was crucial and that result was a real gut wrencher I can tell you  ???

it sure was, the substitution of Hamann was perplexing to say the least.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:24 am

Always the optimist hey AB :D  You should go into politics ! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion