LIVERPOOL vs LAZIO - K.O 8pm LFC.tv - 08/08/08

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Fabiomenal 1 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:35 pm

I think Mendicino's goal was regularly. I'm very sorry for the guy :(. Scoring a goal against Liverpool at Anfield Road is a dream for a 18 years old boy. The referee's assistant couldn't flag the foul.
In my opinion Benayoun and Pandev were the men of the match.
The Fabiomenal 1

Postby The Fabiomenal 1 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:45 pm

s@int wrote:
The Fabiomenal 1 wrote:If anyone is interested this should be Lazio's line up :D:

Carrizo

Lichtsteiner Siviglia Rozehnal Radu

Dabo Ledesma Matuzalem

Mauri

Pandev Zarate

Hardly recognise any of those players , hopefully they are reserves? What happened to the team of all stars of a few seasons ago  :down:

I know you have had money problems (join the club :D ) but still sad to see a once great club on the slide.

Our captain Tommaso Rocchi is at the Olympics. Maybe you can recognise him.
We had serious money problems. After the last owner change we have placed 10th, 6th, 3rd and 12th. This season with Zarate and Carrizo we hope to return in UEFA competitions. I quite liked the team this evening.
The Fabiomenal 1

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:47 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:That was pretty awful game, especially towards the end.  I just hope that Gerrard and Babel can offer some kind of penetration when they get back, because we were pretty bad at creating any decent chances.  I also hope that we'll see better performance from Keane now, because so far he hasn't shown that he's worth anywhere near 20 mill pounds.

I think we are being too critical over keane , i mean he has created 2 to 3 goals and he has drawn defenders out a couple of times , remember against rangers , he drew a defender towards him and ngog scored . He has played decent , except that where has yet to score . Keane creates more than he scores , i think we will see 10 to 15 goals from him this season and maybe 20 or so assit . Time will tell , and i don't and i doubt anyone cares either if keane does not score during pre season , cos it does not matter . Look at voronin , scores during pre season but fails to show anything close to that instinct during the course of the season when it matters
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:03 am

Toffeehater wrote:i think we will see 10 to 15 goals from him this season and maybe 20 or so assit . Time will tell , and i don't and i doubt anyone cares either if keane does not score during pre season , cos it does not matter . Look at voronin , scores during pre season but fails to show anything close to that instinct during the course of the season when it matters

It's funny how many base their starting XIs for next season around preseason, start talking up kids and writing off players.

I seriously doubt Keane will get 20 assists. I think 10-15 would be a more realistic but still optimistic prediction.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:13 pm

This is a good result and a nother run out for the squad - Mash, Gerrard, Lucas and Babel not available - Keane finding his feet ( give him time ppl ffs), Ngog , nothing to prove shining and youngsters showing that the Academy is really beginning to show it'sworth.

This is good going in to the CL qualifier and season's opener - take Ar.se who lost again last night their confidence must be rock bottom.

This will be a good season in the league Rafa said it's like the beginning becasue of the strength in the squad now - I believe so should you !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:39 pm

Can anyone who had better sound or was at the ground tell me what the crowd were chanting regarding alonso and barry?
sky says the kop showed opposition to a barry move.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:04 pm

This is what i guess they said

And some Liverpool fans made it clear the Aston Villa man was not wanted by singing: “You can stick your Gareth Barry up your a**e.”

Other supporters booed in a bid to drown out the anti-Barry brigade.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:52 pm

Erk, pre-season or not i think we showed we are still going to struggle to break down and score against defensive teams :( - Was very impressed with Alonso and Dossena, its the best Dossena has played all pre-season.

I am however doubtfull he will be a good defender in the PL - I dont think he is fast enough to be getting forward and back quick enough to not have our defense pulled apart.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:28 am

OneHotRed wrote:Erk, pre-season or not i think we showed we are still going to struggle to break down and score against defensive teams :( - Was very impressed with Alonso and Dossena, its the best Dossena has played all pre-season.

I am however doubtfull he will be a good defender in the PL - I dont think he is fast enough to be getting forward and back quick enough to not have our defense pulled apart.

You are basing that on pre-seaon! Wrong to do that, we play against weak opposition who are in the game for the same reason as us.... To get a run out before the real action starts! So what we can't break Lazio down, its only a problem when it happens against teams that come to Anfield and park a bus in the league, however I think our passing and movement last night was alot better than pre-seaon last year so alot of positives. I think we will pick teams apart this year, we will see some great football aswell. Not sure about the league but so far so good!

Calm yourself.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby OneHotRed » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:04 am

just a gut feeling thats all, i know it was pre-season but we'll see.  Like i said i hope i'm wrong - no-one agree with the dossena comment?
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:59 am

Stu's post moved into here:

Again the defence.

We had the discussion on here the other day about how everyone thinks our defence is marvelous etc and theres no faults blah de blah... While I was saying there were problems in my opinion without someone who's arially dominant.

Yesterday I think the hole team suffered because of the way the defence played.

Now, we can paper over the cracks and say we kept a clean sheet, but the fact is, when you win a game is the best time to critisize in my opinion as it doesn't become knee jerk :censored:.

The fact is, during that match, we lost out on far to many headers from long balls. There were at least 4 or 5 occassions the Lazio players beat our centre backs in the air and they then gained possession from it in the final third. Now, what worries me is if this happens in the league and the ball falls to better players thirty and forty yards out its going to cause us massive problems. Now they also scored from a set piece at the end of the game which was disallowed (not sure it should have been) but the fella was completely unmarked, again which worries me.

Not only that but in terms of attacking play I thought Aggers distribution was very hit and miss and Arbeloa offered next to nothing going forward. It also suffered due to the positions they were picking the ball up in. The lack of football down the right side of the team with Arbeloa and Kuyt was extremely worrying aswell and hindered alot of our attacking play with square passes and backwards ones.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:04 pm

As if thats going to get any discussion going.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:07 pm

no offence but i think we cant see anythig that much, no one is anywhere near 100% commited, no one wants injuries, the gaffer will say not to fully commit.

but things like headers and the job of marking, we should we be doing alot better, but as the sea legs kick in im sure it will improve a lot.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:11 pm

I think you should of kept Stu's thread open Red, it may of got some decent input. As opposed to ....

"My stream isnt working" :D
66-1112520797

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:20 pm

red37 wrote:Stu's post moved into here:

Again the defence.

We had the discussion on here the other day about how everyone thinks our defence is marvelous etc and theres no faults blah de blah... While I was saying there were problems in my opinion without someone who's arially dominant.

Yesterday I think the hole team suffered because of the way the defence played.

Now, we can paper over the cracks and say we kept a clean sheet, but the fact is, when you win a game is the best time to critisize in my opinion as it doesn't become knee jerk :censored:.

The fact is, during that match, we lost out on far to many headers from long balls. There were at least 4 or 5 occassions the Lazio players beat our centre backs in the air and they then gained possession from it in the final third. Now, what worries me is if this happens in the league and the ball falls to better players thirty and forty yards out its going to cause us massive problems. Now they also scored from a set piece at the end of the game which was disallowed (not sure it should have been) but the fella was completely unmarked, again which worries me.

Not only that but in terms of attacking play I thought Aggers distribution was very hit and miss and Arbeloa offered next to nothing going forward. It also suffered due to the positions they were picking the ball up in. The lack of football down the right side of the team with Arbeloa and Kuyt was extremely worrying aswell and hindered alot of our attacking play with square passes and backwards ones.

I watched the Lazio game , with you in mind regarding the defense stu . I have to say i agree 100% wth you . We lost far to many basic headers to forwards who were not that big . Carra and agger were both guilty of this and it didn't change until sami came on and started winning the headers.

Our defending at set pieces was pretty bad aswell and we got away with it really . My only consolation was that Skrtle wasn't playing and i'm hopeing he will be far stronger and will be our main ball winner in the air ,apart from Hyypia.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion