LIVERPOOL vs LAZIO - K.O 8pm LFC.tv - 08/08/08

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:32 am

banana wrote:- I do however have some problems with Keane. I don't think he is worth 18 millions and he will only be an average LFC player

look out keano... the knives will be out for you once you don't score for 5 games... even now the knives are being sharpened... there's a very high possibility that if you play for LFC you will be kuytified...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:14 am

skatesy wrote:Alonso is sure having a good game. What a pro - seriously. All this speculation of him being shipped out and he comes out and puts in a good game like this.

it shouldn't take such speculation to make him pull his finger out, that's like saying he hasn't put the effort in willingly
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:14 am

skatesy wrote:Alonso is sure having a good game. What a pro - seriously. All this speculation of him being shipped out and he comes out and puts in a good game like this.

it shouldn't take such speculation to make him pull his finger out, that's like saying he hasn't put the effort in willingly
112-1077774096

Postby skatesy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:45 am

peewee wrote:

I'm not saying that he is playing well because of the fact that there is speculation. I am just saying that despite all the speculation he is still coming out and giving it all. In all honesty I do not think that Alonso has ever been a lazy player. I believe he has always given his all. Unfortunately, however, he was not on form last season.

As we all know in situations like the one that Alonso is currently in, many players decide to lay down the weapons and say "f*ck it". All I am saying is that evidently Alonso is not doing that and good on him for not doing that. It shows that he does truly want to play here and that he still has a lot to offer here which, in turn, may justify why many people are argueing that we should save the 18 million that Barry will cost and spend it one someone who may be more needed, like a right winger.
skatesy

Postby Espionage » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:09 am

bigmick wrote:In reality of course in the four seasons of Rafa's tenure so far, we've had to a lesser or greater extent ditch the idea mid way into the season as our inconsistency of selection has been mirrored by our league form. Then as the selections have become more consistent, so have the performances and by and large we have managed to get it together towards the end of the campaign, only the once did we give Everton too big a start and actually not manage to get in the first four.

Don't you ever get sick of hijacking every thread with a paragraph like this that no pro-rotator/neutral-rotator (or someone believes that the rotation was the solution to the inconsistency) can resist disputing.  I disagree with your opinion wholeheartedly and I think its unfair to say that when Rafa takes a page out of your book he gets success when in fact he hasn't changed one bit.  When he finds something that works he doesn't rotate and he has shown this on several occasions.  Last season he stuck with the front 4 of Babel, Gerrard, Kuyt and Torres because it was doing fine.  I remember in 2006 (i think) when we won 8-9 games with a fixed team that did not change.  (Unchanged midfield of Kewel, Momo, alonso and Gerrard and defense of Riise, Hypia, Carra and Finnan and cant remember what strikers we were doing at the time) 

Is rotation brought in as a solution to the instability that sometimes arises or is it the thing that cures the unrelated form/luck downturns? Its the chicken and the egg argument and it has been done to death.
And btw I don't really want to have a debate about it either. This is a thread about our recent 0-4 success, and shouldn't be another chance for you to say you were right all along about your well documented dislike of Rafa's (supposed) over rotating with debatable (at best) sources to back you up.

p.s. We can have the debate if you want, but then you have to promise to stop hijacking other threads.  Also I understand its quite ironic now that I am accusing you of hijacking when my post is now the chicken and the paragraph I quoted is the egg, but tell me who came first!?!?!?!?  We can argue about that too if you want :upside:
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Salty Sock » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:21 am

Espionage wrote:
bigmick wrote:In reality of course in the four seasons of Rafa's tenure so far, we've had to a lesser or greater extent ditch the idea mid way into the season as our inconsistency of selection has been mirrored by our league form. Then as the selections have become more consistent, so have the performances and by and large we have managed to get it together towards the end of the campaign, only the once did we give Everton too big a start and actually not manage to get in the first four.

Don't you ever get sick of hijacking every thread with a paragraph like this that no pro-rotator/neutral-rotator (or someone believes that the rotation was the solution to the inconsistency) can resist disputing.  I disagree with your opinion wholeheartedly and I think its unfair to say that when Rafa takes a page out of your book he gets success when in fact he hasn't changed one bit.  When he finds something that works he doesn't rotate and he has shown this on several occasions.  Last season he stuck with the front 4 of Babel, Gerrard, Kuyt and Torres because it was doing fine.  I remember in 2006 (i think) when we won 8-9 games with a fixed team that did not change.  (Unchanged midfield of Kewel, Momo, alonso and Gerrard and defense of Riise, Hypia, Carra and Finnan and cant remember what strikers we were doing at the time) 

Is rotation brought in as a solution to the instability that sometimes arises or is it the thing that cures the unrelated form/luck downturns? Its the chicken and the egg argument and it has been done to death.
And btw I don't really want to have a debate about it either. This is a thread about our recent 0-4 success, and shouldn't be another chance for you to say you were right all along about your well documented dislike of Rafa's (supposed) over rotating with debatable (at best) sources to back you up.

p.s. We can have the debate if you want, but then you have to promise to stop hijacking other threads.  Also I understand its quite ironic now that I am accusing you of hijacking when my post is now the chicken and the paragraph I quoted is the egg, but tell me who came first!?!?!?!?  We can argue about that too if you want :upside:

Hi so perhaps it is more propergating that this is displaced to a PM segratory???
I would tend to think so.

Hope things are wellful.
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:40 am

Espionage wrote:

I kind of understand your frustration, and no I'm not going to get into a debate about it now as you're quite correct in that it's already been done. FWIW I don't think my post was about to hijack a 26 page thread which has discussed four seperate football matches, I did make the point in my initial post that I hadn't seen any of the football matches and therefore would have difficulty commenting on the performances.

Obviously I don't agree with the main body of your post, but there are toher places and times where I'll get into why. In the meantime, perhaps if you just practice your own form of censorship and not actually read my posts that'll solve your problem in the short term.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:38 am

Toffeehater wrote:Good game , Ngog played well and nemeth was decent as well . I think keane and torres partnership will be sucessfulnext season . Pennat was really poor but than again he has not been given much of a run in the side for this 2 seasons , alonso had a good game as well , which is good , maybe signs that he's getting back to his best .

How many games has N'gog had? I seem to recall Voronin had a good pre-season, hasn't had a bad one this pre-season.  Let's not write anyone off or in as an Anfield legend just yet based on friendlies (not aimed at you specific, others are rather selecting competitive teams and writing players off based on friendlies and I was replying to your subsequent points anyway)

Toffeehater wrote::censored: poor performance from rangers , and a team in the champions league as well .

They could play the Celtic card, after Celtic lost to spudz they blamed the gulf in money between SPL and the Premiership. How convenient they should trawl that one out against a team that hasn't ever been in the CL and finished midtable last season.................. ??? ie no CL experience, maybe expensive but yet to really play as a team, although my 'ones to watch' as they're up with us in the spending stakes now

Toffeehater wrote:Any one knows what's or next friendly ?

05/08 Valerenga (a) 19.00
08/08 Lazio (h) 20.00
12/08 Standard Liege (a) CL qualifier 17.45
16/08 Sunderland (a) Premiership 17.30
Last edited by Owzat on Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:16 pm

bigmick wrote:
Espionage wrote:

I kind of understand your frustration, and no I'm not going to get into a debate about it now as you're quite correct in that it's already been done. FWIW I don't think my post was about to hijack a 26 page thread which has discussed four seperate football matches, I did make the point in my initial post that I hadn't seen any of the football matches and therefore would have difficulty commenting on the performances.

Obviously I don't agree with the main body of your post, but there are toher places and times where I'll get into why. In the meantime, perhaps if you just practice your own form of censorship and not actually read my posts that'll solve your problem in the short term.

I left the forum for a little while because I got tired of reading the same things in every thread. Person A argues it in one thread with person B and then in another thread with person C. A week later person D comes along objecting and then every running thread gets ruined.

You see this happen to lots of people over a variety of topics but I wont name names (well I guess I named you but apart from that...).  I tried to convince everyone for a while how good Rafa's selection process was but in the end it just ran me down. I would be person A and try to dispute in thread 1, 2 and 3. After a break with occasional lurking I came back a more restrained person, but jeez some of your posts tempt me :;): . I found it a weight off my shoulders when I just wrote down what is relevant to the topic and not an opinion of every part of the club.

I respect your knowledge of the game and generally read your posts (rather then skim them) as they are always well written but sometimes I just read things that I have to dispute.  Old habits die hard I guess :upside:
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Salty Sock » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:13 pm

Some good input - but is meandering around hostility, something this forum is not of requiring.
This great passion we all share is misdirected sometimes, but we are all on the same side.

In conspiracy, Alonso is making the right choice I say.
And Keane, he is a monster.. no bounty on his head dare I say? There should be no debate to this, but free to PM debate about it I hope (if Bad Bob permits?).
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:42 pm

Salty Sock wrote:Some good input - but is meandering around hostility, something this forum is not of requiring.
This great passion we all share is misdirected sometimes, but we are all on the same side.

And Keane, he is a monster.. no bounty on his head dare I say? There should be no debate to this, but free to PM debate about it I hope (if Bad Bob permits?).

:laugh:  WTF?  :laugh:
LFC2007

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:07 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Salty Sock wrote:Some good input - but is meandering around hostility, something this forum is not of requiring.

:D

think he's quoting something from "The Book of Yoda - The Early Years".

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:38 am

Definately our best outing thus far in pre-season.

Our passing looked slick at times and was enjoyable to watch. :)
66-1112520797

Postby Owzat » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:51 am

LFC2007 wrote:

This is the member who dragged up two completely irrelevant past threads for no reason at all. I assume Woof Woof deleted one of them as I couldn't see it shortly after he was in there
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:22 am

Tonight Liverpool face Valerenga in Oslo. Match discussion can be offered in here.

The game is on LFC.tv 6pm.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion