Liverpool vs kaunas 2nd leg - Goals galore hopefully!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:07 pm

Liverpool host Lithuanian champions FBK Kaunas in the second leg of the Champions League qualifier with the Reds holding a commanding 3-1 lead from the first leg.

Kaunas took a surprise first half lead but goals from Djibril Cisse, Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard's penalty ensured the Reds won the game.

The team from Lithuania defeated HB Torshavn of the Faroe Islands 8-2 on aggregate in their first round qualifier and in striker Arturas Rimkevicius they have a dangerous and tricky opponent.

Liverpool-
reina,dudek,carson,riise,warnock,traore,hyypia,carragher,
finnan,josemi,medjani,whitbread,hamman,zenden,gerrard,
alonso,letallec,sissoko,garcia,potter,cisse,morientes,baros,
crouch.

I am looking forward to the game tommorow, and i am expecting a lot of goals to be scored as well. at there place we showed signs of scoring more goals then we actually did. so therefore i believe we will score at least 4 goals at our place. hopefully crouchy will get on the scoresheet to boost his confidence. i expect rafa to put out a similar squad to the last game which was-

.................reina
josemi....carra....hyypia......riise
potter....gerrard..hamman...zenden
.............cisse....crouch

i predict a 5-0 scoreline for tommorow.....HOPEFULLY!  :D

what do you lot think???
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:11 pm

I think your probably right about the line up, it should be something along them lines, i dont share the 5-0 optimism, too many players will stroll through it imo and it will be more like the 3-1 first leg scoreline, though i hope your right.
One thing though, why do you think he will pick Garcia against Boro but not tomorrow ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:14 pm

because i think rafa rates garcia alot. so therefore i believe he will rest garcia for the new season because he is not used to playing so many games in one season compared to la liga. i also think rafa wants to give potter a run out to give him a chance to prove himself.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:20 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:because i think rafa rates garcia alot. so therefore i believe he will rest garcia for the new season because he is not used to playing so many games in one season compared to la liga. i also think rafa wants to give potter a run out to give him a chance to prove himself.

I hope your right, after the goals he scored last season i would be disappointed if he was sub most of the time, but cant see the harm in starting him in these games and bringin him off. Potter could come on for him.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:40 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
passmeistro_#14 wrote:because i think rafa rates garcia alot. so therefore i believe he will rest garcia for the new season because he is not used to playing so many games in one season compared to la liga. i also think rafa wants to give potter a run out to give him a chance to prove himself.

I hope your right, after the goals he scored last season i would be disappointed if he was sub most of the time, but cant see the harm in starting him in these games and bringin him off. Potter could come on for him.

i agree, i think that garcia needs these games to sharpen up personally, he needs to work on his possession skills. he would be such a better player if he did so.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:41 pm

Premier League.com reports that Finnan should return in time to play in this game.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:44 pm

A.B. wrote:Premier League.com reports that Finnan should return in time to play in this game.

thank god.
he is much better than josemi.
finnan is better than josemi by this much-

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------> (at least!)

:D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:48 pm

We'll win easy!!
Carra hatrick:laugh: :laugh:
66-1120597113

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:05 pm

if he gets a hatrick he'll of met his target for the end of the season! :D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:26 pm

yah,i think we'll get at least 3 goals.looking forward to the match especially it'll be at Anfield.

YNWA.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:50 pm

latest team news-

Rafael Benitez will only rotate his squad in the Champions League second qualifying round second leg at home to Kaunas once the result has been secured.

The Reds are 3-1 up and are expected to progress with a comfortable win over the Lithuanian champions.

Benitez, though, will again keep Milan Baros and Jerzy Dudek out of the side to prevent them being cup-tied and so protect their transfer value.

But with Djimi Traore, Harry Kewell, Neil Mellor and Florent Sinama-Pongolle all injured Benitez does not have many alternatives to the squad.

Steve Finnan, who missed last week's first leg with sickness, should return.

Liverpool (from): Reina, Finnan, Hyypia, Carragher, Josemi, Zenden, Gerrard, Sissoko, Hamann, Alonso, Potter, Crouch, Cisse, Morientes, Dudek, Carson, Luis Garcia, Warnock, Medjani.

P.S- does any one know what channel it is on?
???
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:15 pm

Its on ITV2 mate!!
U should put www.livefootballontv.co.uk on ur favourites! Its a handy wee site lets ya know what time and when matches are on all season!
66-1120597113

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:29 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Its on ITV2 mate!!
U should put www.livefootballontv.co.uk on ur favourites! Its a handy wee site lets ya know what time and when matches are on all season!

cheers dude! you rock!  :buttrock

just found out that the boro games on premiership plus! that sux!  :no
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MCYan » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:23 pm

I don't care if Crouch scores, but I really want Morientes to "get fit and sharp" asap.
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:25 am

i hear what your saying but there's no harm in crouchy getting a few goals is there!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion