Liverpool vs kaunas 2nd leg - Goals galore hopefully!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:43 pm

Nothing to get too excited about. Cisse looked great when he came on - his goal was brilliantly taken - Sissoko looks promising, and Whitbread and Warnock were decent at the back.
ivor_the_injun

Postby dward » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:43 pm

i suppose the players weren't trying as hard as they could because I'm sure they were almost 100% sure that the tie was over

oh well, the job is done

bring on the 3rd round!!!!!!! (as 7_Kewell said :D )
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:45 pm

we REALLY need a right winger tho, Potter can't cut it there and its not Garcia's best spot.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:50 pm

it was a mistake to have hamman and sissoko on at the same time.
the midfield can only really work if xabi OR gerrard is on.
e.g-
gerrard and sissoko,
alonso and hamman.etc.
we need another centre back and right winger as well. hyypia is past it. potter cannont play there and garcia's best position is in "the hole" position.
a mistake to start crouch and nando together as well. it has to be cisse and nando/crouch.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:51 pm

well what can we see from this game....i will tell you:

morientes is a waste of space, he seriously lacks pace, i dont think this guys ever gonna make any impact.

we have no creativity in the team without alonso and gerrard in the side. Something needs to be done, a big name with creativity, lots of skill and techniqually good needs to be bought in. (SWP would have been the man)

sissoko looked quite good breaking up the play, sometimes a bit rash to jump in though, doing this against quality opposition would be dangerous.

Rafa now knows he cant leave both gerrard and alonso out of the team, one of them needs to play (if not both). hamman and sissoko are very similar players, and dont have the vision or pass range of alonso or gerrard, I felt sorry for crouch as he had no service because of this. also zenden looks average and thats it. i thought rafa was gonna bring some quality into the side this summer, obviously not.
oOShrimpyOo

Postby Feeney » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:53 pm

ALONSO_14 wrote:full time, very disappointing match, frustrating and embarassing to let a very poor side like them have a chance to win it until that late on. luckily for us our star gerrard was there to save us from embarassment and win us the match AGAIN because our players dont seem capable of scoring or winning a match without him which is worrying. just shows how talented a player he really is when compared to the rest of our squad and we are very lucky to have him, anyone who said we are better off without him in that long periond when he was thought to be leaving should be ashamed. wingers were terrible, zenden in particular, morientes disappointing, only players to impress me were sissoko and cisse who changed the game a bit when he came on created a few chances, scored a goal, hes going to be our most important striker this season, will score a lot of goals.

Agree with Sissoko, the guy was everywhere!!!! Thought Zak looked alright as well.

Let's get it right, Gerrard's 'goal' was jammy, Djibber's was a quality finish.

At the end of the day, job done. Last season we would have probably got a draw against a team like that! Sofia next week will be much sterner, so you'll see a totally different performance.  :;):

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:01 pm

oOShrimpyOo wrote:i thought rafa was gonna bring some quality into the side this summer, obviously not.

a bit harsh on our new players. still early days yet. plus he has not finished signing players yet too.
sissoko is good when alongside a gerrard or a alonso.
zenden needs more support from the left back, because he is not that fast.
crouch can't play alongside a player like nando (there too similar), didn't get much service either.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:03 pm

v poor, v dissapointing.

They said on ITV they couldn't see LFC doing any better this season than last, maybe more points but still slugging it out for a 4th/5th posiion, and I hate to say this but I have to agree.

We are still miles behind Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea.

The only thing I am hoping for is that Rafa hasnt really played his strongest 11 in the last few games as he has been giving some of the fringe players a go, once our best 11 are on the pitch I am hoping we will click a bit more...
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:05 pm

today is a day to smile. ok, so mori and crouch were not red hot, but we have a lot to be happy about. I'm starting to fall in love with Momo who wanted everything tonight and perfectly combined strong tackling with graceful passing. Stevie looks like superman, cisse is deadly, whitbread promises a lot, as does warnock. we still need cover at the back, and the right, but things are looking up.

It's time to  :)
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrTNT » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:06 pm

Extremely disappointing match and what can we learn: we need a RM immediately, potter or Luis Garcia cannot play in RM to give us the width we need on the right. Zak put in a good proformance, Gerrard scored a lucky goal and Cisse's was quality. Also Crouch and Morientes cannot and should not play together.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:11 pm

does anyone know if crouch's injury is serious?
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:12 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:today is a day to smile. ok, so mori and crouch were not red hot, but we have a lot to be happy about. I'm starting to fall in love with Momo who wanted everything tonight and perfectly combined strong tackling with graceful passing. Stevie looks like superman, cisse is deadly, whitbread promises a lot, as does warnock. we still need cover at the back, and the right, but things are looking up.

It's time to  :)

Is right Ace lad, it's virtually a pre-season friendly so let's put the performance into context. Hamann and Sissoko won't play together, neither will Moro and Crouch, so let's just enjoy the progress into the 3rd round and the step closer to rubbing the bitters noses in it when they get KO'ed, leaving us to take thier share of CL cash.......oh, the humanity!!!!  :buttrock  :rasp

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:13 pm

It wasn't really a 'team' that was picked tonight, more a collection of players.  How else could you explain Nando and Crouch being in the same team and Sissoko and Hamann being in the same team?  It was more like an experimental friendly line-up than one for a competitive game. We're through and most of our squad have had a decent run-out pre-season, so I'm happy enough...for now.
:)
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:14 pm

ITs been made obv tht we need a right winger and a centre-back as soon as possible now....but a decent victory...gd goals and again the legend stevie gerrard performing..cisse lookd gd but sissoko impressed me the most 2day
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Rob » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:19 pm

It was disappointing but we had a disjointed team, were already 3-1 up, have new players settling in and it's still pre-season. We got the result, are through and good to see Cisse score again.
Red_Rob

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion