Liverpool vs kaunas 2nd leg - Goals galore hopefully!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:44 pm

bigmick wrote:
JBG wrote:Bolo is closer to Robert Pires in that he has a good footballing brain but is not blessed with pace.

JBG, Bolo Zenden is no closer to Robert Pires than you are mate. Tony Adams has repeatedly said that Pires is the best player he ever played with, including Henri. Save for a few blokes at his junior school, not many will say that about Bolo. His singular achievement in a Liverpool shirt sofar has been to re-ignite peoples interest into when exactly Kewell fancies having another couple of games.

Again Mick, read my earlier post.

I didn't say Zenden was as good as Pires, but if you have two contrasting types of wingers, with the fast pacy ones of the far right (yes, SWP is part of the Nazi party  :D ) and Robert Pires at the far left (he carries a little red book) then Bolo Zenden is closer to being to the left than he is to the right.
Last edited by JBG on Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:46 pm

JBG wrote:I didn't say Pires was as good as Pires

JBG, have you been on the old happy pills mate or what?  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:46 pm

bigmick wrote:

i feel a poll coming on :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:48 pm

bigmick wrote:

:blush:  :blush:  :blush:

Pires as good as Pires? Are you think?

(Its been a long day chaps, bear with me, you pedantic bas.tards)  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:53 pm

Its been a long day chaps, bear with me, you pedantic bas.tards)

How many days in August are there JBG? :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:05 pm

Ah yes the old 30 days in August routine A.B. I did see that but let it pass. :D Didn't your mum ever teach you, "30 days have september, April June &..........etc etc".
BTW JBG, I think it should be a forum rule that if you make a schollboy error and somebody actually quotes you on it before you've had time to change it, then that post should be forever written in stone. "Jus a lil' tip for you jay-jay" and Chiggz classic irony (which escapes me right now) of a few weeks back just wouldn't be the same if they'd just gone back in and ammended the original post. Whadya think big man, you know it makes sense? :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:08 pm

h yes the old 30 days in August routine A.B. I did see that but let it pass. :D Didn't your mum ever teach you, "30 days have september, April June &..........etc etc".

Yes she did but because of the transfer dead line I keep thinkin that there's only 30 days. :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:23 pm

Easy game, good score, nice to see Rafa rested some of the players. Bring on the third round :)
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:32 pm

bigmick wrote:Ah yes the old 30 days in August routine A.B. I did see that but let it pass. :D Didn't your mum ever teach you, "30 days have september, April June &..........etc etc".
BTW JBG, I think it should be a forum rule that if you make a schollboy error and somebody actually quotes you on it before you've had time to change it, then that post should be forever written in stone. "Jus a lil' tip for you jay-jay" and Chiggz classic irony (which escapes me right now) of a few weeks back just wouldn't be the same if they'd just gone back in and ammended the original post. Whadya think big man, you know it makes sense? :D

I don't get the August thing.....can you cut it up into little pieces for me to digest?  ???
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:37 pm

I don't get the August thing.....can you cut it up into little pieces for me to digest?

Somebody said that the transfer window closes on August 31st, I said that there weren't 31 days in August and said that the transfer window closes on August 30th[which is true].

It turns out that there are 31 days in August, I just keep thinking there are 30 because of the transfer window.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:07 pm

I still don't get it AB, I only said I had a "long day" (meaning a long hard day at work). ??? ??? :D :D :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby neilE » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:10 pm

I don't think last nights game is much of an indication of our progress - we were poor overall, but we had 6 1st choice players on the bench (I'm not including Potter, in case you're wondering!). - slightly disappointing for me, having made a rare journey up to Liverpool for the game. Never mind it was enough just to be there.
We were better in the 2nd half with Cisse looking more dangerous than Nando, but I don't think that Nando was that bad. IMO our biggest weakness was lack of quality balls from the midfield. Sissoko and Hamann are both ball winners, and were closed down too quickly for them to make decent passes most of the time.  In the 1st half especially, Garcia had acres of space on the right touchline but rarely got a pass. Alonso and Gerrard would have demolished them, and assuming they both play against Boro & CSKA, the opposition have got a lot to be scared of. The atmosphere in the ground was a bit flat too, I thought. The subs warming up got more shouts than the players on the pitch - everyone knew it was not much more than a practice match, given the 1st leg score. It was another decent preseason friendly, and we should be nearly ready to start the season for real. As long as we get a quailty right midfielder of course!
neilE

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:09 pm

I still don't get it AB, I only said I had a "long day" (meaning a long hard day at work).

I couldn't be ar$ed to explain it to you
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:30 pm

do u guys have the download for stevie and cisse's goals against Kaunas ?
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion